Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

chunky

Members
  • Posts

    24,276
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

Everything posted by chunky

  1. You know, I always felt there was a simple solution to that. Keep the same race draw/format, but leave the order of the last four races until after heat 16. Not perfect, obviously, but you could just make sure that it all went down to the last race. The same problem I have with figure skating; the leading contenders compete in a pre-drawn order. Trouble is, they have to "leave room" after the early skaters, so even if the first skater is the leader, and produces a perfect programme, they cannot be awarded perfect marks. Simple solution - skate in reverse order...
  2. That's what I did. Unfortunately, I only got in from work a couple of minutes before the start, and missed the first race because of farting around. So, I checked on YouTube, and found a stream immediately. Anyone know why it's not being streamed via the SGP website, as it was in previous years?
  3. Sstrange thing is that people go on about how "unfancied" riders in the old world finals were so great, as they promised some shocks, but in the gp's, nobody seems to want them!
  4. The opportunities are there for them to qualify. If they don't, and more experienced riders do, they only have themselves to blame.
  5. I really don't know, but I was thinking about that too!
  6. Don't you wish they could make a film that accurately replicates the look and the racing of pre-war speedway? They have managed it with most other sports, but to see something in HD colour that truly reflects that era of speedway would be incredible...
  7. Sorry, I can't agree with you as I would probably be accused of "bum-licking"...
  8. Yeah, when I think of all the tracks we had within a 90-minute drive, it's heartbreaking...
  9. You thought, "thistle be fun"?
  10. It's the small fin by the - anus. I just included that for effect... And don't lie! You can't lead a sheltered life in sarf London...
  11. Personally, I think there are just too many pillocks in the world today!
  12. Probably because you're not a greatly-respected and polite sports journalist...
  13. Careful! You don't want "daft old duffer" to get you banned...
  14. I grew up regularly hearing the term for agents and the like as "Mr Twenty Percent", so yes, it's been common practice for years.
  15. I thought gustix may be able to help with this, but we'll have to wait until Tuesday...
  16. That was my first thought, but Yiannari is a Greek name, I believe...
  17. I apologise if I misled you, but I was trying to inject some humour into the situation! My comment clearly went over your head. Just saying that you should be careful what you wish for... I couldn't agree more about uptight miserable idiots on here. They make claims and accuse people (with no real foundation), and when you just ask them to explain what they mean, they are offended. The BSF is supposed to be for recreational purposes...
  18. Firstly, I wasn't the one that complained about somebody "having to have the last word" - and then posted a last word to say that... Defending a comment or post is not the same as defending an individual, and I'm sorry you cannot differentiate. I have been on the BSF for many years, and until this virus thread arose, I have had no interaction with Bwitcher at all, and I have no idea who he is. I just happen to feel the same way about the virus issues as he does (in particular the neglect of deaths from other ailments in much greater numbers). I also disagree (as others do) that Bwitcher's comment was directed at Ian's father, as was claimed.
  19. You need to think again... I have my own thoughts, and am quite happy to post them, whether others agree with them or not. The fact that you suspect that everybody who doesn't agree with you is a "clique member" says it all... Over to you for ANOTHER "last word"...
  20. If you won't like the answer, don't ask the question!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy