Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

IainB

Members
  • Posts

    13,881
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    202

Everything posted by IainB

  1. There were a lot of Bees fans there last night, not so sure about Wolves. I had a walk along the whole of the terrace and there were a lot of gaps further along up in front of the stand
  2. 2 hours for 15 minutes? No 15 heat meeting should run over 90 minutes in my opinion
  3. A new first for me tonight... The rider parade being delayed due to the sun! It just gets worse
  4. I disagree... when you're fighting a campaign for the identity of a club, the least they could have done was turn up in team colours with that race jacket worn over the top from what I saw of the programme... I saw it over somebody's shoulder... it even had a column by the club mascots, pinky and perky or whatever their names are... £2.70 well saved I'd say Also, another annoyance... was told to sit down by the H&S Nazi's on patrol, I generally like to stand at the top of the stand out of everybody's way, have always done this at Peterborough... and now apparently it's not safe
  5. Disappointed about the queue,,, was to be expected though, especially at speedway Disappointed that the majority of the Bees didn't wear their Coventry race suits that they've been bitching on about so much that they've had to pay for Disappointed that (if true) nobody wanted to come out for Heat 15, again riders bitching on about they haven't got a job for 1 or 2 months until they're fixed up... the fans have lost a whole club! Disappointed that there's no Bees in 2017
  6. Website down already... the body is still warm The truth is out there
  7. I doubt that anybody on here really knows what's been going on... but I don't think any of the parties involved can walk away from this without any blame. Sandhu - sold the land Brandon Estates - bought the land to build houses on Mick Horton - has had 3 years notice that this was going to happen and on the face of it has done nothing to secure the future of the club, never said anything specific and has just creamed the money in for the last 3 years
  8. no reason given... he was even announced on the parade "mister Szymon Wozniak" ... but don't even get me started on the centre green presenter!
  9. Are they on 2 mins? Anyway I'm already at home watching corrie
  10. Just the 2 hours and 15 minutes to run 15 races tonight... again a big well done to everybody involved 😀
  11. No! You're wrong! I don't know why yet... but we'll find out soon enough
  12. Conned again! Just entered stadium and r/r announced for Wozniak... no doubt the BV apolgists will be sticking up for them again, if they can tear themselves away from their 105 minute piss! To stare at an empty track
  13. the point is, after having a 10 minute break for track grading why have another 15 minutes after Chris Harris had been treated for "bruising" to his ribs... you guys may lead empty lives where you having nothing else to do, other than stand there watching an empty track... I certainly do not
  14. 15 minutes of action in 120... yes well done to everybody if it takes you 15 minutes to take a piss, I suggest you see a doctor
  15. Point totally missed, do as you say during the interval... why have 2?
  16. last 2 I've been to they've had 2 intervals vs Poole an interval for a collection... and then an interval vs Coventry an interval for an extended track grade... then an interval while Bomber was receiving attention... and then an Interval
  17. Another drawn out match with BV operating R/R loads of 2 rides on the trot and BV's now customary double interval?
  18. You mean the Maltese Falcon... turned his Maltese flag tattooed back on the country of his birth
  19. I'm not that far behind you... just hope it see me out too It's alright trying to get kids in (for a quid maybe) but the kids I generally see at speedway seem less than interested in what's going on. There was a young lad next to me on Wednesday and all he seemed to be interested in doing was anything but watching what was going on out on the track! It seemed that trying to unpick the green mesh fencing along the back of the south stand was more interesting than the Speedway! And I see this with a lot of kids. The promotion (and I mean all speedway promoters) need to be targeting the late teens/early twenty something's, they are the ones that will develop an interest and not just see it as a one off night out going along with dad (or mum) and they are the ones who will make their own decision on whether to return or not. Just look at the average age of Polish speedway supporters.
  20. We've got the crazy situation where Cov can't have a facility for KK because SEC is not recognised by the BSPA yet the ref at tonight's SEC was British!!! You couldn't make it up
  21. Have you seen the average age of your fan base?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy