-
Posts
1,429 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by RPNY
-
Who was the last Wild Card that was utterly useless and couldn't compete at GP level? Genuine question..
-
Via the SGP website links worked for me all 3 times I went. Very jealous by the way, wish I could go again. Its a belting GP!
-
Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019
RPNY replied to james1234's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Yes its a travesty that place doesn't stage a GP -
Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019
RPNY replied to james1234's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Didnt enjoy the 6 lanes of absolute Mayhem?!!! -
Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019
RPNY replied to james1234's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Or a short 14 hour drive from Moscow hahahahahahaha -
Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019
RPNY replied to james1234's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
The main idea is that people who dont get to see top level Football were graced with the biggest game in Europe, that principal is now being applied to speedway. A counter argument to yours is the Russians saying why should we always have to travel... If it was a regular occurrence I would agree with you (I was praying for a GP or SON in Manchester) however I still think you cannot possibly begrudge ONE world final being held there... Also the track can produce good racing. Been some brillaint Euro Champ meetings there. -
Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019
RPNY replied to james1234's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Cant begrudge far off venues getting ONE event. They are also the reigning champions.Even the Champions league Final was in the Ukraine this year... -
Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019
RPNY replied to james1234's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Dont fully agree with you. Its marketed better and a little more eye catching with the jumps and stuff. But I went to events in Toronto and at MetLife Stadium (NY Jets/Giants) and the demographic was pretty much identical to that of GPs Ive been to. Nascar ditto for that matter. -
Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019
RPNY replied to james1234's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
That much I cant disagree with you...Im not sure what BSI's business plan but I cant help but feel the opportunity is there to target some new markets. The Supercross over here have managed to do it. Some places they tried and failed but at least they gave it a go.. -
Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019
RPNY replied to james1234's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
I was there this year, 2nd half of the meeting was Superb. Since about 2014/15 the racing in Prague has been very good. Such a shame about Horsens that was a lovely stadium and there were some cracking GPs there. I hope they can find some nice new venues soon Cant say that is true. At most GPs there was som superb racing, there were a lot of big crowds this year, BT are happy with it. Its not all doom and gloom. As much as many on here like to project... -
Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019
RPNY replied to james1234's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Least exciting line up of venues in some time -
This argument seems to get rehashed a fair bit.. Along with "there are no superstars anymore" I Guarantee that we can look back and someone was saying this 10 years ago and in 10 years it'll be said again. Just a human trait, we all look back with rose tinted specs..
-
BSPA thinking outside the box again I see!
-
Prague GP, Saturday June 15th 2019
RPNY replied to STEPHEN 333's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Last 3 years have all been good GPs. Honestly go look on YouTube. Much better then they used to be for sure. -
Prague GP, Saturday June 15th 2019
RPNY replied to STEPHEN 333's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Yes Sir! -
Prague GP, Saturday June 15th 2019
RPNY replied to STEPHEN 333's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
SO So happy this is back on the Calendar. Huge Bucket List item for me finally went this year & it didn't disappoint. (After a slow start) some great racing a real lovely little stadium and a beautiful city. Great news!! -
Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019
RPNY replied to james1234's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
On a much lighter note, went to Moore Park when I was in Christchurch 2016. Very basic but lovely set up. Very happy I got to see it. -
Grand Prix Calendar and Venues 2019
RPNY replied to james1234's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Western Springs would always get a crowd. NZ is an 'outdoor' nation and has a rich speedway history. They were always going to attract a decent crowd. -
Open question - I genuinely dont know the answer. Forget box office etc, on ability/scoring potential alone,should Nicki be in next year? Was very unlucky with that early injury, he'd started the season like a steam train in Poland. Not my favorite rider but cant help but think the series is better with him in it.
-
Unfortunately not but I appreciate the effort bud!
-
Link?