British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kent

Former Stags and Saints

Guest kent

With the opening of the new Scunthorpe track i was wondering if anyone knew what any of their former riders are doing these days.

Guest kent

I Hope this will be a regular thing interviewing an ex rider always good to know what they are up to these days.

Whatever happened to:

Rob Hollingworth

Buzz Burrows?

;)

Guest kent

I think most people would assume i meant the riders who have retired/

I think most people would assume i meant the riders who have retired/

And I think that most people would assume my comment was slightly tongue in cheek (hence the emoticon)

Guest Steve Dixon
Whatever happened to:

Rob Hollingworth

Buzz Burrows?

;)

Both riding motorised zimmers...lol

Guest rod

rod haynes ex saints rider now retired garage proprietor soon to be helping out the new promotion in the future. drank with phil bass in sydney at aussie veterans dinner but failed to keep up with his alcoholic capacity.recently seen jack bywater he is still in good form . ken mckinlay sadly recently died .buzz still racing at wimbledon.rob hollingworth also still racing at boston.where abouts is ian (scotty) wilson i would like to see him at the new scunthorpe track opening next year in april.

Probably an obvious one, but Nicky Allott can be seen helping Adam. Phil White attends Owlerton now and again, although I haven't seen him for a while.

Did Ian Jeffcoate ride for Scunthorpe? He still comes to Owlerton as well.

Hope to get along at some time, it's only about 40 minutes away for me :)

Yes I think Ian Jeffcoate did have a few meetings for Scunny, but spent most of his career at Stoke.

Someone said Julian Parr was at the practice session yesterday. Didn't see him myself but Derek Richardson has been several times with his son Scott, who is just starting out with speedway.

Jamie Hildreth, who did a small number of meetings for the Stags, also attended the first session and suggested that he and Andy Walker, a second-halfer in the early 80's from Hull, were going to make a one-off return to the track.

Of course Rob Woffinden is in Perth, Australia and may come back to these shores for a summer if his son, Tai, wants to give it a go over here. Then there was an earlier thread about Arthur Browning still racing a Jawa road bike on the Isle of Man this summer.

Edited by Scunny Stag