British Speedway Forum
Hazzman

The Calendar 2005 Lets fill the dots in

Yes Lonigo looks like the one I might aim for, whats the best airline to use and airport to arrive at in Italy as not too sure where Lonigo is ! Is there going to be any cheap airlines going there or nearby?

Well I've got a quote of £81.96 return to Venice with easyjet flying out Friday returning Monday flying via birmingham, but if you fly to Verona that would be nearer.

Guess it just depends on which airlines fly from your local airport.

10th SEPTEMBER ITALY VICENZA-LONIGO PROVISIONAL

I guess it's time for The Fonz to dust down those kevlars again. ;)

Who is going in 2006  in GP of LATVIA ???  :D  :D  :D

I've seen rumours that they were interested in holding a round. Can you give any indication whether this is likely to happen, or just a dream of the Latvian promoters?

I was thinking that maybe City Of Manchester Stadium could be a good venue for Speedway. Its in the North instead of the South plus its had an athletics track in it.

No it doesn't, the athletics track was ripped out straight after the commonwealth games to make way for more seating.

Guest BilaHora

Mr Hazzman

Regarding the City of Manchester stadium, I believe that the athletics track was removed to enable additional seating to be put in place. As far as I am aware, the running track was removed and extra seating installed beneath ground level. This could limit the available area to install a speedway track.

Regards

BilaHora

Edited by BilaHora

Yes Lonigo looks like the one I might aim for, whats the best airline to use and airport to arrive at in Italy as not too sure where Lonigo is ! Is there going to be any cheap airlines going there or nearby?

Well I've got a quote of £81.96 return to Venice with easyjet flying out Friday returning Monday flying via birmingham, but if you fly to Verona that would be nearer.

Guess it just depends on which airlines fly from your local airport.

Quote from EasyJet East Midlands-Venice return for £51 leaving Thursday back on Sunday :lol:

Edited by Timbo

i think thomsonfly go from coventry to verona!

looks like italy then for me :D

ciao

Forget City Of Manchester Stadium then.

What about when the new Wembleys built?

Interesting hey.

Guest latvian-speedway
I've seen rumours that they were interested in holding a round. Can you give any indication whether this is likely to happen, or just a dream of the Latvian promoters?

it isn't dream, it is reality :)

you know : fact that Latvia is a small country doesn't mean that we couldn't make something like GP round. We have very good stadium, but there are many things to do in other. Hope there will be allright and in 2006 we will have GP round of Latvia in Daugavpils :)

Edited by latvian-speedway

Guest BilaHora

Mr latvian-speedway

I hope so too.

Regards

BilaHora

it isn't dream, it is reality :)

you know : fact that Latvia is a small country doesn't mean that we couldn't make something like GP round. We have very good stadium, but there are many things to do in other. Hope there will be allright and in 2006 we will have GP round of Latvia in Daugavpils :)

Fantastic news, I hope it works out for the Latvian promoters, I've been looking for a good excuse to visit Latvia. :)

Thanks guys for your help about Lonigo, had a good look at the map now :oops:

So at the minute you can't book online with easyjet as the route isn't for sale, can you book over the telephone or does it have to be after a certain date?

Hoping to make the Italian GP a mini holiday :D

So at the minute you can't book online with easyjet as the route isn't for sale, can you book over the telephone or does it have to be after a certain date?

Hoping to make the Italian GP a mini holiday  :D

Easyjet stagger their releases, sign-up to their mailing list as a back-up and they might inform you by e-mail, otherwise just check the site regularly.

Oh, and wait until the GP is confirmed :D

Enjoy yourselves !

Rico :rolleyes:

Hoping to make the Italian GP a mini holiday  :D

Easyjet stagger their releases, sign-up to their mailing list as a back-up and they might inform you by e-mail, otherwise just check the site regularly.

Oh, and wait until the GP is confirmed :D

Enjoy yourselves !

Rico :rolleyes:

Cheers Rico, will get on the mailing list, by the time its for sale it should "fingers crossed" have been confirmed :D