British Speedway Forum
Wildcat Steve

George Joins The Injury List

After his heavy fall at Reading last night while having a great race with Brendan Johnson, George took a heavy fall on the fourth bend picked himself up and seemed OK but on the way home he was in a lot of discomfort with his right wrist which had swollen during the trip home.

Took him to A&E this morning where he was bandaged up and put in a sling, X-Rays show a possible break in a small bone in his wrist but difficult to tell due to swelling. He has to see a consultant on Friday morning and has pulled out of his racing commitments this week and will know more on Friday George is aiming to be fit for his U15 academy meeting at Poole on Aug 3rd and if it settles down George still hopes to guest at Scunthorpe Sunday in the Academy meeting as he does not want to let anyone down.

Hes not a happy bunny at the Mo and is gutted to pick up an injury while he is so busy :sad:

Edited by Wildcat Steve

Steve

What was he doing on the way home to make his right wrist swell up,it will make him go blind as well. :):P

Seriously Get well soon George

Brendan and Dave.

Steve

What was he doing on the way home to make his right wrist swell up,it will make him go blind as well. :)  :P

Seriously Get well soon George

Brendan and Dave.

Well I can still see :wink:

hope george is ok keep us up to date wont u

Really sad to hear that :( was looking forward to seeing George on Friday in the "under 15 challenge" :(

Hope you get better really soon George!

Edited by Readiefan

Lets hope it's not too bad George !!

Quick recovery mate ;)

Alex & Ian

sorry to hear that george mate.

dont rush back, so early in such a promising career, dont want any risk of permenent injury.

take your time and look forward to seeing you back on top form again soon :approve:

Does he need nursing :wink:

Get well soon Georgie Porgie xx

Does he need nursing  :wink: 

Get well soon Georgie Porgie xx

No an endless stream of girlies calling him :rolleyes:

Best bit was in A&E he was taken into the kiddies examination room (bearing in mind he was not in the best of humour) and had to sit on a Thomas the Tank Engine bed :o

I offered to read to him from the childrens books on the shelf, well he turned me down flat and left me with no doubt he did not wish this :D

Edited by Wildcat Steve

Sorry to here that Steve, send George my best wishes.

Get better soon george, who will you be guesting for at Scunthorpe if you ride cos i think my team is down to the three riders now :neutral:

Yes think it was your team Jamie I know Brendan Johnson is also guesting and hopefully George if fit wont know till Friday but at the mo Georges hand has shown no improvement which is not looking good :sad:

Edited by Wildcat Steve