British Speedway Forum
Subedei

Hans Andersen Statement

Message to Robyn1972....Don't, it ain't worth a reply!  :wink:  :rolleyes:  :mad:

ROFL - you mindreader, you!!!!!

Nah - my ongoing battle with an amusing character on the witches forum is keeping me going at the moment!

I thought Hans' statement was measured and well thought through, right down to the final; "best wishes to all riders in the 2006 competition". I don't think this in any way reduces his chances of wildcard rides or 2007 qualification.

I think what all this proves is that fiddling with the GP format and qualification criteria, as has been done over the recent past will give rise to these anomolies which, with the reduced size of field are made more acute by decisions influenced by rider nationality and who sponsors who, which wouldn't have been so critical in previous years.

Witchnut

not an anderson fan,but i must agree that he deserves to get the nod in front of all 3 of these last wild card selections.

pepe-had his chances not up to scratch only in cos they wanted 1 more pole for commercial reasons.

zager-not good enough has not even rode full time elite yet,agian only there for commercial reasons.(slovenia gp)

iversen-is improving slowly,but no were near gp quality im afraid this smells of olsen sticking his noise in again for his blue eyed boy.

maybe hans you need to lick olsen's ass more,sorry mate your face don't fit just like gjeede's.

Surely even a biased Oxford fan like yourself Rob, must admit that Andersen should have got in ahead of Iversen.

I wouldn't bank on it :rolleyes:

I'm no fan of Hans Andersen, but he has definately got a rough deal from this.

Yep it doesn't seem to play fair considering the other riders who were given a wildcard. Maybe Ole Olsen doesn't like Hans Andersen. Olsen seems to me to have far too much say in what happens in the GP circus and oif you cross him then watch out.

Hans Andersen not being in the 2006 Grand Prix series is an APALLING DECISION by whoever made it ! The guy may not be everyones favourite but he should be riding because ...

a) he is good enough

B) he is a better rider than half of those that are in the GP's already

c) he is exciting to watch - even if he is not everybody's favourite

Maybe he should become an Italian for next year and that way make sure he gets in .... GP series is supposed to be the best riders .... somebody should tell the peeps that pick 'em.

Yes Hans should be in the GP, but in place of pepe + not puk.

Iversen + Andersen are the sort of riders you need in the g.p's to add a bit of flare.

Don't quite know what BSI are doing putting in someone with 'ongoing back problems' either :blink:

it would be nice to hear a detailed statement from bsi regarding these choices. you can see theyve gone with youth choosing niels and matej, pepe must surely be for polish sponsors! maybe hans has had too many chances not qualifying through the top eight but that could be said of a few of the other wild cards.still eveytime you look at it you cant understand why he hans was omitted.what would the choices had been if ryan sullivan was fit and had a super season?

You can't prove it. And what about Nicholls and the mysterious "red light" that only he saw? That's what cost you the SWC, not Andersen. Andersen's just a scapegoat to mask a deficient team.

Oh please.... I can't prove their isn't a santa clause either. You want to be an apologist for a scandinavian stitch-up - good luck to you.

How big a shot in the arm would every club have had last season off the back of a SWC success? How much more exposure, turnover and crowd numbers might we all have enjoyed?

So, lets all feel sorry for Hans.

Pass me a bucket.

Erm...

So do you actually think Scott would have beaten PK in that race ? :blink:

Me thinks you need to get over it, the lads a talent + it's unjust he isn't in the g.p's.

Wonder what you would say if Andersen was world number 4 and Nicki needed seeding yet was not put in.

Does Hans really expect sympathy from the British fans :lol:

Andersen has a lot of talent of that there is no dispute, but saying that Maradonna had a lot of talent and he was also a cheat

Have to agree with some on here who say that Hans has been hard done by. He should definately have got the nod over all three wildcards named this week. Better than all of them. If I was in his shoes I would be absolutely fuming and upset at the decision.

It's not right at al, regardless of the fact that "what goes around comes around".

Yes, it can be sweet for some that he misses out, and is some form of retribution for his antics in the SWC 2004. But for BSI to leave him out of Iversen and Zagar is a crazy decision. Pepe got in through his sponsors, I am sure.