British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gary pops

Bydgoszcz Tickets

looking on ryanair the flights going out on the friday and back monday are £200 already

Many other flight options if you don't mind arriving into Gdansk or Poznan. As Bydgoszcz only has one flight a day to Stansted it was always going to fill up pretty quickly on that particular weekend. Both Gdansk and Poznan are very nice places to stay over for the night before travelling on to Bydgoszcz.

Thankfully travel convener HenryW managed to snap them up our flights at their cheapest and our flights are £50 return including taxes. :P

Rico :rolleyes:

looking on ryanair the flights going out on the friday and back monday are £200 already

Just typed it in on Ryan Air website and its coming up at £164.

I'd snap those up as the price keeps going up and up.

Rico - £50

Fairies - £90

Todays fare - £164

The experience - priceless! :D

Flying out on my birthday.. better be worth it :P

Matt , you'll have a Birthday to remember  (one way or another  :P )

He sure will. Pammie and I are planning it already  :lol:

Sod your luck Matt, take my advice and watch it on Sky. :wink::lol:

Sod your luck Matt, take my advice and watch it on Sky. :wink:  :lol:

I take it you're not going young Hammond :sad:

Many other flight options if you don't mind arriving into Gdansk or Poznan. As Bydgoszcz only has one flight a day to Stansted it was always going to fill up pretty quickly on that particular weekend.  Both Gdansk and Poznan are very nice places to stay over for the night before travelling on to Bydgoszcz.

Thankfully travel convener HenryW managed to snap them up our flights at their cheapest and our flights are £50 return including taxes.  :P

Just a quick word of advice if you do decide to Fly into Poznan. it may not look far on the map but, in reality it takes around 2 1/2 3 hrs in a taxi/car to drive to Bydgozcz.. Ive done this route a few times & it can be rather scary too, as the taxi drivers tend to have a death wish !!.

So who from the forum is actually going.. I'll edit this post as the list grows..

Me

Chivs

Pammie

London Witch

WvsH

Addy

Midnight Lady

Nikkif

Fairy4ever

Rico

HenryW

TheDoctor

TheStartTart

Gary Pops

Ballinger

Papa Bazarou

Tone Deaf

Rema & Ben

whowasthatberntpersson + youngster

Mateusz

Lawrence

Tommy

TheCedarMan + 3

Pugwash and Mrs Pugwash

B)

Edited by Matt Davis

Just a quick word of advice if you do decide to Fly into Poznan. it may not look far on the map but, in reality it takes around 2 1/2 3 hrs in a taxi/car to drive to Bydgozcz.. Ive done this route a few times & it can be rather scary too, as the taxi drivers tend to have a death wish !!.

My advice would be to get the train for either of the journeys I mentioned (from Gdansk or Poznan). We got a taxi from Gdansk airport to Torun last year and it certainly wasn't anywhere near as comfortable as a train ride. More like a white knuckle ride :P

ps Matt - add HenryW and TheDoctor to your list. If you scan the earlier parts of this topic you'll see a few others.

Edited by Rico

Sod your luck Matt, take my advice and watch it on Sky. :wink:  :lol:

:lol:

My birthday is sounding interesting to say the least so far :D

ps Matt - add HenryW and TheDoctor to your list. If you scan the earlier parts of this topic you'll see a few others.

Consider it done :approve:

So who from the forum is actually going.. I'll edit this post as the list grows..

Me

Chivs

Pammie

London Witch

WvsH

Addy

Midnight Lady

Nikkif

Fairy4ever

Rico

HenryW

TheDoctor

TheStartTart

Gary Pops

Ballinger

Papa Bazarou

Tone Deaf

B)

and us!!

I take it you're not going young Hammond :sad:

Now where did I say that Ms Joanne? :wink:

My advice would be to get the train for either of the journeys I mentioned (from Gdansk or Poznan). We got a taxi from Gdansk airport to Torun last year and it certainly wasn't anywhere near as comfortable as a train ride. More like a white knuckle ride  :P

Rico  :rolleyes:

As usual Rico's right. Polish roads are rubbish and going by taxi doesn't have to be shorter than by a train. However, taxi drivers are the worst drivers :wink: so if you look for some boost of adrenalin it may not be a bad choice :rolleyes:

Polish trains are usually quite reliable and relatively cheap. If you don't have any school trips, wild guys who have just finished their compulsory military service B) or football hools on board, the journey should be tolerable.

Edited by Mateusz

I can confirm had two superb trips from Bydgoszcz to Gdansk and Gdansk to Bydgoszcz on the train. I think we may have encountered some of the guys Mateusz is talking about but the trips despite the trains being worser than British trains was more enjoyable and on time.

8 and a half quid Return to Gdansk, express aswell on the way back.

Gdansk is one of the most beautiful places in Europe not as beautiful as the Polonia Stadium post-meeting however.