British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
startline sid

Mike Broadbank Benefit Meeting

anybody got any details of this event - it seems to be happening without any publicity?

Only that it starts at 7.30pm and is Swindon Robins v Australia. Captains Leigh Adams & Jason Crump. Plus vintage & sidecar races.

Not a very good advert is it? :blink:

Only that it starts at 7.30pm and is Swindon Robins v Australia. Captains Leigh Adams & Jason Crump. Plus vintage & sidecar races.

Not a very good advert is it?  :blink:

Added to the fact that this is tomorrow night and Jason is riding at Poole for Belle Vue!

But I guess as World Champ he can find a way to do both! :unsure:

No No it is all changed according to the Swindon site:

SWINDON ROBINS

1. Leigh Adams (Captain); 2. Damian Balinski; 3. Brian Karger; 4. Olly Allen; 5. Steve Johnston; 6. Shawn McConnell; 7. Mads Korneliussen. Team manager: A.J. Rossiter.

AUSTRALIA

1. Jason Lyons (Captain); 2. Jason Doyle; 3. Travis McGowan; 4. Cameron Woodward; 5. Ryan Sullivan; 6. Chris Holder; 7. Tai Woffinden.

Edited by Tabby3

Added to the fact that this is tomorrow night and Jason is riding at Poole for Belle Vue!

But I guess as World Champ he can find a way to do both!  :unsure:

No No it is all changed according to the Swindon site:

SWINDON ROBINS

1. Leigh Adams (Captain); 2. Damian Balinski; 3. Brian Karger; 4. Olly Allen; 5. Steve Johnston; 6. Shawn McConnell; 7. Mads Korneliussen. Team manager: A.J. Rossiter.

AUSTRALIA

1. Jason Lyons (Captain); 2. Jason Doyle; 3. Travis McGowan; 4. Cameron Woodward; 5. Ryan Sullivan; 6. Chris Holder; 7. Tai Woffinden.

thanks for the info everybody

The Red Devil certainly deserves a good turnout .

The only Robin to ride in both in the '57 and '67 senior championship winning teams.

16 years at Blunsdon riding for the same club (that's loyalty ). How many riders would do tha t now ?

Appeared in 7 world finals ( 2 as reserve ).

Can remember in '69 when he crashed and broke a leg right in front of us on the 2nd. bend at Blunsdon .

Thanks to Terry Russell for finally granting him a testimonial .

Edited by south coast robin

looking forward to the meeting, will be good to see tai woffiden seen him at somerset and looked fast, yes people should turn out for the man he one of the legends.

No Sullivan now as apparently he is guesting for Belle Vue at Poole.

.... and notice that even when sullivan was in the line up for a testimonial he wasn't headlining the team. Gone to pieces in my opinion

Witchnut

NOT totally confirmed but believe Davey Watt may now be steppng in to ride for the Aussies.

According to today's Advertiser, Steve Masters replaces Balinski who was injured at the weekend. Shane Parker is also in for Jason Lyons. I guess that if Davey Watt replaces Flyin' Ryan we could end up with something like this? :unsure:

Swindon - Clean, Lionel, Karger, Cry Baby, Johnno, McConnell, Mads

Australia - Parker, Doyle, Moose, Woodward, Watt, Holder, Woffinden

Fingers crossed for the weather. There was lots of rain in Blunsdon overnight but it seems pretty clear at the moment. :approve:

I think it's a shame that so many riders have pulled out, but Shawn McConnell and Brian Karger will hopefully keep the interest up.

I think Balinski was possibly the one current rider that would have been an attraction as we heard quite a bit about him last season.

It's a shame they aren't having a few more 'old timers' in bearing in mind the weakened line-up. I bet an exhibition race between, say, Jimmy Nilsen and Andrew Silver, would have boosted the gate no end.

I hope the crowd isn't affected too much. I can't make it myself unfortunately. Would love to see Mad Dog again. Who can we give a benefit next year so we can get him back once more just for me?