British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sheephead

Attendances For British Gp

Did you watch the racing at Bydgoszcz?  :o

Probably too busy weeping at the abject failure of the beggar to notice the breathtaking action, especially in Ht 18 when Messrs Gollob and Jonsson made him look like a hapless novice.

Probably too busy weeping at the abject failure of the beggar to notice the breathtaking action, especially in Ht 18 when Messrs Gollob and Jonsson made him look like a hapless novice.

I think your the failure mate, dont think you could pass wind let alone a very fast rider. :lol:

I did not mean the racing.

Well unlike so many on this forum, i actually go to watch the racing, as i have no rider i want to win. Cardiff sucks, really really badly, even the atmosphere is old now. Poland and I think the Malilla GP both had brilliant racing. Which livened the atmosphere. If they put some dirt down at Cardiff and maybe the prices went down then we would go again, but for this year its Poland.

Sorry, think that Cardiff is past its sell by date. It's become too expensive just a money grabbing event that robs the 'real' fans of the sport we all love (that means racing on proper stuff!). If the gates are supposedly increasing why oh why do the prices increase at the same amount. Surely it should be bums on seats and encouraging people to sample this great sport to increase the domestic side of life. It is so much cheaper to travel to foreign gp's including air fares, hotels and tickets plus of course the food and drink than one day in Cardiff. It also does not make good viewing on tv (that's to all of you that blames Sky for showing it live). The Rugby and Football crowds are a lot larger, and they drink and eat more, so one doesn't think that the hoteliers are making a mint on one day to feed the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Sorry, think that Cardiff is past its sell by date.  It's become too expensive just a money grabbing event that robs the 'real' fans of the sport we all love (that means racing on proper stuff!).  If the gates are supposedly increasing why oh why do the prices increase at the same amount.  Surely it should be bums on seats and encouraging people to sample this great sport to increase the domestic side of life.  It is so much cheaper to travel to foreign gp's including air fares, hotels and tickets plus of course the food and drink than one day in Cardiff.  It also does not make good viewing on tv (that's to all of you that blames Sky for showing it live).  The Rugby and Football crowds are a lot larger, and they drink and eat more, so one doesn't think that the hoteliers are making a mint on one day to feed the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Ticket prices were maintained at last years prices, provided you booked before Xmas, that was announced at the end of last season, (so they had been on sale for a good two months) now if the words "Admin" and "@rrse" are applicable to some people then there is no cause for complaint.

Maybe there should be some time delay for each country so as not to impact on crowd levels (maybe shown live in the non host countries, but the weekend after in the host country). Just a thought.

Rip off Britain is alive and well, had a taxi driver in Cardiff one year openly admit that if they knew people were in the town for Rugby or other major sporting events that they would up the price on a journey, cos they knew people would pay it.

Sad fact of life, if you can make an easy buck at someone elses expense then it will be done

TST

Maybe there should be some time delay for each country so as not to impact on crowd levels (maybe shown live in the non host countries, but the weekend after in the host country).  Just a thought.

Rupert Murdoch's empire of darkness pays for live sport, not "as live" sports - they'd pay less if they couldn't show it live. They might not even bother with it in the first place unless they can have it live. They'd only show it "as live" if they had something better for the live slot.

And what do you know? Bugger all, if you ask me.

Well i am not asking you, its quite possible i have forgotten more than you know.

You dont know me as i dont know you, so how do you know i know bugger all. You dont. :blink:

Well i am not asking you, its quite possible i have forgotten more than you know.

That's a good one.

You dont know me as i dont know you, so how do you know i know bugger all. You dont.  :blink:

Given your admitted lack of knowledge, maybe it was unwise to offer the view that I'm a failure. Still, Like many around here, you don't see lack of knowledge as a barrier.

That's a good one.

Given your admitted lack of knowledge, maybe it was unwise to offer the view that I'm a failure. Still, Like many around here, you don't see lack of knowledge as a barrier.

I believe you were the one who brought up the word failure. Dont judge people unless you want to be treated the same.

Also you liken me to other people around here, How.

I dont think i would be where i am now without having any knowledge but if thats the case i have done pretty well thanks. How about you B)

I  believe you were the one who brought up the word failure. Dont judge people unless you want to be treated the same.

Also you liken me to other people around here, How.

I dont think i would be where i am now without having any knowledge but if thats the case i have done pretty well thanks. How about you  B)

I've done okay for myself over the centuries.

And, excuse me, but failed to qualify for 2005, failed to qualify for 2006 and failed to qualify for 2007 - that surely counts as failure. If it's your idea of success, then your "pretty well" might not be so grand as you imagine.

Edited by Subedei

After attending Cardiff for the last three years i will not be attending this year.The racing last time was poor and it is just not worth spending around £500 for a weekend away.I will save the money and watch it at home instead.

I've done okay for myself over the centuries.

And, excuse me, but failed to qualify for 2005, failed to qualify for 2006 and failed to qualify for 2008 - that surely counts as failure. If it's your idea of success, then your "pretty well" might not be so grand as you imagine.

Think you might want to read your reply as its WRONG. Best you carry on collecting the trolleys at tesco. The word plank of wood comes to mind. :lol::lol:

Having attended Cardiff for the last 5 years I have found it more expensive every year, Its bad enough that BSI rip us off without the hotels getting in on the act

We have booked to go to Germany for the last GP and with flights, hotel & tickets, its just as cheap if not cheaper than going to Cardiff.

If you do it yourself and its not differcult, its works out about half what reputed speedway travel clubs charge.

Edited by bigcatdiary