British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kent Boy

Canterbury Juniors

Anybody remember Graham Knowler, Barry Etherington, Simon Franks, Rob Dolman, Kevin Howland, Ray Griffiths, Mark Summerfield, Duncan Tolhurst and Tony Reynolds. Whatever happened to them?

Tony Reynolds played football for Welling United during their spell in the Vauxhall Conference circa 1988 - 1992. Tony played as a left winger and he could best be described as an enigmatic player. His ability to switch from excellent to appauling from minute to minute rather unfairly made him the team scapegoat. Tony went on to manage the club earlier this decade for a couple of years but what became of him after then I don't know.

I do remember though at the time it was common for programmes to try and sum up players in a single sentance (ex-Leyton Orient apprentice, England Schoolboy Trialist etc) and Tony was always labelled as an ex Speedway Rider.

Anybody remember Graham Knowler, Barry Etherington, Simon Franks, Rob Dolman, Kevin Howland, Ray Griffiths, Mark Summerfield, Duncan Tolhurst and Tony Reynolds. Whatever happened to them?

rob dolman is still riding grass track,barry etherington looks after his son grass tracking,kevin howland still goes to sittingbourne sometimes has got his own company,ray griffiths brought another bike a little while ago he just wanted to ride not race,duncan tolhurst is a side racer on the grass track circut and one of the best,not sure about the rest,

all the best keith

But what about you, Yorkie; you still having a go?

Steve

Never rode at Canterbury more of a Wimbledon legend :angry:

Yeah, Yorkie was too good for Canterbury... :wink:

Steve

rob dolman is still riding grass track,barry etherington looks after his son grass tracking,kevin howland still goes to sittingbourne sometimes has got his own company,ray griffiths brought another bike a little while ago he just wanted to ride not race,duncan tolhurst is a side racer on the grass track circut and one of the best,not sure about the rest,

all the best keith

I bumped into Tony Reynolds a few years back with Barney and Denzil Kents mechanic Jorge.

Tony Reynolds corrrrrrrrr ugly duckling turned swan or what :P Think he was doing something with Ashford Town Football not sure what though :unsure:

......,duncan tolhurst is a side racer on the grass track circut and one of the best,

Duncan is currently recovering from a serious accident that occurred while racing in Germany. He is undergoing intense physiotherapy treatment everydayand is still awaiting another operation. The last I heard was he has been able to walk a few steps albeit supported but is still facing a long haul to recovery. There was a thread in the grasstrack section but there haven't been any updates for a while so I'm hoping his recovery is still making good progress.

But what about you, Yorkie; you still having a go?

Steve

yes chunky im still riding im at sittingbourne on sunday in a club championchip meeting 12 noon start.

all the best keith

Duncan is currently recovering from a serious accident that occurred while racing in Germany. He is undergoing intense physiotherapy treatment everydayand is still awaiting another operation. The last I heard was he has been able to walk a few steps albeit supported but is still facing a long haul to recovery. There was a thread in the grasstrack section but there haven't been any updates for a while so I'm hoping his recovery is still making good progress.

hope he will be ok i was in the same grass track clubs years ago,nice fellow i wish him all the best.

all the best keith

yes chunky im still riding im at sittingbourne on sunday in a club championchip meeting 12 noon start.

all the best keith

Have fun, and good luck!

Steve

Give us a D...