British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spuds-r-us

Oxford Under 15's Final Round ...

Hehe now I know I have nothing to worry about after my recent purchase from Cowley.  :lol:

Hmmmm, my obtaining of a LA programme board came while Mr. Adams was still at Oxford, so I think your purchase is more shocking, Rabbit :wink::lol:

All the best

Rob

You are obviously wracked by guilt Rob which is indeed a hopeful sign! :wink: I say that because I did not actually reveal your identity in my first post and you have chosen to confess!  :lol:

Bryn - that's because I see no shame in having a Leigh Adams proggie board :wink:

All the best

Rob

Hmmmm, my obtaining of a LA programme board came while Mr. Adams was still at Oxford, so I think your purchase is more shocking, Rabbit  :wink:  :lol:

All the best

Rob

Don't try and deflect your guilt young Peasepud! :rolleyes: I'm still flabbergasted over seeing you caressing a Swindon rider's programme board so lovingly last night - yes indeed my gaster is still very much flabbered! :lol:

Don't try and deflect your guilt young Peasepud!  :rolleyes: I'm still flabbergasted over seeing you caressing a Swindon rider's programme board so lovingly last night - yes indeed my gaster is still very much flabbered!  :lol:

That's because, as far as I'm concerned, he's not a Swindon rider, but a former Oxford rider :wink:

All the best

Rob

Spoke with James Sargeant dad today at Scunthorpe, both a tad disappointed not to take the title, but be warned James will be back next season, determined to take the title, and I would not bet against this youngster.

No, I dare say you're right. He has the ability to do well if he keeps focussing, practicing and getting himself noticed. And the very best of luck to him - let's hope he does go onto big things as British speedway needs all the talented youngsters it can get! :)

He might just need to work on his interview technique a bit for the future though... ;)

Hmmmm, my obtaining of a LA programme board came while Mr. Adams was still at Oxford, so I think your purchase is more shocking, Rabbit  :wink:  :lol:

So do plenty of others...the abuse I've suffered! :lol:

Edited by rabbit

Little bit shy is young James, but once you get to know him, he is one of the nicest lads you could ever wish to meet, he has become a good friend of my lad, and gives him loads of encouragement and help with his riding.

Just a footnote James was not at Scunthorpe with his dad, why because he was stripping down his bikes and getting them cleaned up, totally dedicated youngster. Practice this winter for him will be working on his starting technique.

So do plenty of others...the abuse I've suffered!  :lol:

Your fault for succumbing to Robs nagging! :wink: Not even I bought an Oxford pen,which incidentally you think is cool!! :wink: Thats me for a slap next time I see her!

Ive been badgered all season with him trying to get me to buy sweat shirts,polo shirts,prog boards,pens,caps etc.Ive held firm and only purchased photos and progs.Give him his due,he did try hard.

Just when you thought you had got one over Rabbit,who goes and wins the 50/50 draw then Rob............................?!!!!!! ;)

Now I know James and Family.Enzo and Chris, and your lies about speaking to him at Scunny are just a P-SS take and you are doing yourself and him no favours.

Now James's Dad is called Mark and I am Phil.Yes we appreciate your enthusiasm and support for young James as you put it, although next year is his last year in the under 15's as he is 15 in November 08 so that makes him 13 years and 11 months old at the Oxford final round.My son was the youngest ever 500 licence holder at 10 and a half years old before the new rules came out but who cares.Before that it was George Piper.

Just a side note,

We personally have now completed four years in the under 15's championships and the new 250 rules have its advantages but problems will occur with the transition to 500.The 250 riders will hold onto the capacity as long as possible and Shane is the first mover to upgrade along with Jake and a few others. Ashley and Mark should now be offered the upgrade as they are good enough to do so and regardless of age they should go for it.However they are enjoying the attention and confidence boost they are getting but we need an assesor to bring these guys safely through the ranks as individuals on their ability not on just age and birthdates.

Incidentaly the only two riders to try and put an overtaking move on Under 15's winner Daniel were Shane and James so hats off to them and my son looks forward to competing in the 2008 under 15's Championships.Bring on the 250 boys !!!!!.

Edited by morganbike

Now I know James and Family.Enzo and Chris, and your lies about speaking to him at Scunny are just a P-SS take and you are doing yourself and him no favours. I am glad it is

listen m8 why would he lie about mark being at scunny.

1.yes mark was there without james and said he was going to wash down his bikes somtime this week.

2.y would spin king lie it has no satisfaction for himself.

3.and how i know hes not lieing is because i was stood next him while he was talking to mark

CASE CLOSED FULL STOP.

spin king jnr

First things first, I have never ever met you, and I can assure you that I have spoken to Mark today, and he and my son are friends.

Right back to what I have said about James and the rest of the boys who take up our great sport. I support youngsters like James and your son who have a talent, the biggest disappointment for me was that the rounds of Under 15's has been diluted , these boys need more rides and more tracks need to be for them to ride.

In the past we have seen the speedway training academy has gone where youngster were shown all kinds aspects to help them with a speedway career, again something that I have supported on this forum.

I can also tell that after speaking to Mark James dad today I said that I would like to back James next season with a bit of money, it won't be much I am not a wealthy man, and I don't have business I am fan who cares about the future of this sport. I have also promised to talk to friends who have businesses too see if they are interested in backing him.

Edited by spin king

And before anybody points it out to me I have forgot girls as well as boys, interesting that Montanna Jowett was at Scunthorpe today, first time I have seen her, must say that I was impressed.

Guest Sir Lunchalot
Well done to Daniel Greenwood, and also to Alan Sarjeant, and commiserations to Brendan Johnson, who nevertheless had had a great season.

All the best

Rob

I'm confused, congratulations to two of the first three but commiserations to the third ? Don't you congratulate all podium finishers at Oxford ?

I'm confused, congratulations to two of the first three but commiserations to the third ? Don't you congratulate all podium finishers at Oxford ?

Lunchy - it was commiserations to Brendan, because it was his final year in the competition.

I agree that third is, nevertheless, a great achievement.

All the best

Rob

Please excuse my ignorance but is this the final standings for the 2007 Championship? I was told that Dan was announced as the final winner and overall champion on text. If so how have I got it wrong? I separated tied riders by their scores in the final but I don't know if that is the correct method. Can anyone enlighten me?

1. James SARJEANT 17 + 14 = 31

2. Daniel GREENWOOD 15 + 14 = 29

3. Brendan JOHNSON 17 + 12 = 29

4. Kye NORTON 13 + 13 = 26

5. Shane HAZELDEN 13 + 12 = 25

6. Richard FRANKLIN 15 + 10 = 25

7. Danny STONEMAN 9 + 8 = 17

8. Jack HIRST 12 + 4 = 16

9. John RESCH 7 + 8 = 15

10. Scott MEAKINS 6 + 8 = 14

11. Cameron HOSKINS 10 + 3 = 13

12. Montana JOWETT 10 + 2 = 12

13. Chris BINT 5 + 4 = 9

14. Jason GARRITY 9 + 0 = 9

15. Jake KNIGHT 0 + 6 = 6

16. Michael BOVIS 4 + 0 = 4

Whatever the positions I'd like to offer my congratulations to all who made it into the final. I'm a massive fan of the U-15 Championship and 250cc class (which will hopefully develop) but I was diappointed that there was only three rounds this year.

I think the BSPA should ensure there are ten rounds evenly spread over the season and riders take their best five to the final.