British Speedway Forum

Guess we won't be seeing you there then Eastie...such a shame! :rolleyes: What's wrong with posting again on this thread? You could always start a new 'Why do we need to know about Poole' one like you usually do if you prefer? :P

Four weeks and counting...how many more times can we get it to the top of the posts? :lol:

Edited by rabbit

Plenty I think Rabbit.

But shall we start a new one especially for Eastie.

I know the title. "Let's all laugh at Eastbourne as they struggle for their last rider".

:P

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I don't know if there is a third day on the calendar in case of a double rainoff, but I would imagine it would be put back to later in the year, possibly in October when the Polish season has finished.

Lets hope there's no need to think along those lines.

Thanks for the reply. We live almost 200 miles from Poole and it's impossible to say right now if we will all be able to return to Poole for whenever it's rearranged for especially if it's October which is 8 months away. If it should be cancelled on the Sunday and then on the Monday would we be able to get a refund?

Sorry I have better things to do! :blink:

Phone the speedway office!

Buy the DVD of the meeting and save yourself ££££££££ :lol:

Except you can't meet real legends like Briggo and Trick.

Anyway seeing speedway riders in the flesh is alien too you, isn't it Eastie.

Sorry I have better things to do! :blink:

Phone the speedway office!

Sorry for asking then Steve. You have tons of knowledge about Poole Speedway and thought you were the one to ask. Is there anybody who can answer the question for me? It's the olnly thing that's stopping me from buying the tickets in advance.

I'm pleased Crazysue that I'm not the only one who needs to know. I'll try to get through to the Speedway Office, as Steve Shovlar has helpfully suggested (is it just me or did he come across as being partcularly hostile when I asked the question) and post the answer on here.

Jac, sorry I dind't mean to sound hostile but I really have no idea, so best bet is to phone the speedway office. Like all speedway meetings, the meeting will go ahead at sometime so I would imagine your answer will be turn up when its rerun.

Refunds are the last resort for any business.

Guest sjl

This is a meeting I am hoping to make. I have never been to Poole stadium before -- can anyone tell me if it does start to rain/drizzle/hail/snow (who knows at this time of the year?) is it possible to take some kind of shelter if standing or is it totally 'open' (aside from the grandstsand area obviously)?

(is it just me or did he come across as being partcularly hostile when I asked the question)

He's only hostile if you ask the wrong question!!!

SJL - There is some limited standing at the front of the grandstand at ground level which would shelter you (as long as the rain's not driving in from the west!) In additional to the old grandstand there's the new glass one where you could go, plus some limited shelter in smoker's corner and around by the 3rd bend. Only thing I'd say is that everyone else will probably have the same idea!

Jac - I'd assume that in line with any other meeting, if you couldn't make any re-arranged date, then a letter to the speedway office would see you given a refund. Believe that Matt is away at the moment, but if I remember I'll ask him when I see him and post here the definitive process. But then it's not going to happen - I know for fact that March 9th is going to be a glorious sunny Spring day! ;):D

This is a meeting I am hoping to make. I have never been to Poole stadium before -- can anyone tell me if it does start to rain/drizzle/hail/snow (who knows at this time of the year?) is it possible to take some kind of shelter if standing or is it totally 'open' (aside from the grandstsand area obviously)?

yes there is a glass grandstand

smoker's corner

Smoker's Corner?

Is that the corner where no-one stands, Rabbit?

The filthy air polluting S*D* were smoking everywhere they shouldn't have been smoking last year! I hope the stewards start to get tough with them this season! :mad: