British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Aussie Champs Line Up

As a foot note a couple of the UK Sidecar teams are keen to ride in the Aust Sidecar Title and will have to ride in the qualifying round and qualify to get in they have accepted that decision with no problems!

That shows true love and dedication to the sport would Screeny do that?

Correct me if i am wrong but the Sidecar blokes were already in Oz or not?They didn't and i suspect wouldn't fly out to ride in the qualifying round unless gauranteed lots of money or meetings.You wouldn't expect Screen,Lindgren or anyone else to do the same.So the situation isn't comparable i suspect :)

Yes iris123 the UK Sidecar teams have come and gone.

And for your interest they got paid nothing for coming over here.

And some have shown Interest in coming over again for the Aust Title in Easter 2008

Its called doing it for the love of the sport. :D

I do doubt if any will because the cost to get a team and bike over here is huge.

Edited by spiderweb

I am still interested in putting updates on Speedway Updates if someone is prepared to text from Australia.

Just send me a pm or email if you want to volunteer!

Guest Sir Lunchalot
I am still interested in putting updates on Speedway Updates if someone is prepared to text from Australia.

Just send me a pm or email if you want to volunteer!

Sue, the word I heard was that Radio Fremantle are intending to webcast most (if not all) of the Oz title rounds. If that's the case not many are interested in a live update, they are all listening on the net. I'll post more when I know more.

Sue, the word I heard was that Radio Fremantle are intending to webcast most (if not all) of the Oz title rounds. If that's the case not many are interested in a live update, they are all listening on the net. I'll post more when I know more.

Spot on Sir Lunchalot, Nev Riseley confirmed today that all rounds are going to be covered live on Radio Fremantle. There is a small problem with the communication lines at Gillman I believe, so that is not yet 100% certain for a full live feed.

Listen in to Fremantle next Saturday (22nd Dec) and the times should be confirmed when the broadcasts will go ahead. They will also be available on archive. Check out the website at www.radiofremantle.com.

Radio Fremantle is a small self-funded community run radio station, and should be praised for their efforts for putting on these shows enabling fans around the world (including us UK based speedway starved fans) to listen.

Maybe a few UK radio shows could listen and take notes? ;)

Radio Freemantle is great. :D

But ssshhh - keep it quiet. I remember last year the station couldnt cope with the volume of people wanting to listen the meeting they broadcast live.

No Rory - but hopefully listen live still. Nothing else to do on a cold winters morning at work!! :D

Sounds good to me!

Bit of a Fitness worry with Tom Hedley for the first round of Ozchamps 2008.

Apparently whan he Kummagutza at the Ashley Jones Memorial (and took no further part in the meeting) he was unaware that he'd busted a bone in his foot!

To quote the Panadol Ad - "When pain persists see a Doctor" so after a week of hobbling he did just that, with X-rays confirming the Fractured Trotter!

Tom said: " I'm very confident of making the first round of the title, but I have to be very careful in the mean time. I can't take any risks or it'll come back to bite me!"

(Thanks to David Tapp and the crew from Speedway Racing News for that one!)

No Fitness worries for me at the moment fingers crossed touch wood!

Even tho' its Xmas Party Season up here I've been really good - didn't get injured in the big fight at the Karama Tavern last night unlike my neighbours Glenn (Bruises, cracked Ribs) and Ray (Bruises and a lump on the back of his head), altho' me knuckles have seen better days, and unlike me Housemate Jeff I didn't fall over and fracture Two Ribs on the way home from the Buff Club on Saturday!

The Hangover on Friday Morning was a joy to behold however, curse you Ozyace for introducing me to Brown Bros Dolcetto y Syrah! :rolleyes:

Just gotta make it through the next three days undamaged then its off to Mildura!

Suck on that, Bryn!! B)

Love it...come to think of it, I love Darwin.

Darwin's not a City - its a VIRUS!! :o

Once yer infected there's no hope for ya! :D

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Even tho' its Xmas Party Season up here I've been really good - didn't get injured in the big fight at the Karama Tavern last night unlike my neighbours Glenn (Bruises, cracked Ribs) and Ray (Bruises and a lump on the back of his head), altho' me knuckles have seen better days, and unlike me Housemate Jeff I didn't fall over and fracture Two Ribs on the way home from the Buff Club on Saturday!

Why do I worry how much of this stuff is fact and how much is fiction ? In case you are wondering BFD, I'm a lover not a fighter (although you wouldn't know on immediate past performance but that's another story :unsure::blink:) and any minor disagreements you might have next week will find me "elsewhere". :D

Just gotta make it through the next three days undamaged then its off to Mildura!

Suck on that, Bryn!! B)

You can be SO cruel BFD - I might just have to set Lunchy on ya! :wink:

You can be SO cruel BFD - I might just have to set Lunchy on ya!  :wink:

Er....considering Lunchy has stated he is a lover not a fighter what are your intentions Bryn?:oops::P

Why do I worry how much of this stuff is fact and how much is fiction ? In case you are wondering BFD, I'm a lover not a fighter  and any minor disagreements you might have next week will find me  "elsewhere".   :D

Don't worry about a thing, Lunchy, everything's under control! Just a typical night out in the Wild, Wild Northern Territory. :lol:

Looking forward to some Good Ol' Southern Hospitality.... Yeehar!! :rolleyes:

(That should get 'im panickin'!) B)

( Heh, Heh, Heh!!.....in my wicked laugh voice) :lol:

PS as usual its all 'orribly true, sez 'e, with 'is hands in a bowl of Radox!

Edited by BigFatDave