British Speedway Forum

We've just booked Slovenian GP trip staying and flying into Zagreb and intend going to Krsko by train. Has anyone done this trip and are there plenty of trains especially after the meeting to get back to Zagreb?

thanks for the suggestion but didnt want to hire a car because the hotel is in the centre of zagreb very near the station and the airport bus to zagreb is only £3 each way.I also believe that krsko is only 30 km approx from zagreb

thanks for the suggestion but didnt want to hire a car because the hotel is in the centre of zagreb very near the station and the airport bus to zagreb is only £3 each way.I also believe that krsko is only 30 km approx from zagreb

Actually Krsko is about 60 Km from Zagreb.

The train thing is possible (I haven't done it myself), but would agree that hiring a car is by far the best option.

Met a couple who did do it by train. They caught one around 1.30, and involved changing at Dobova, got to Krsko around 3.30.

The stadium is, I'm told some 3 km from the rail station, and the taxis are not plentiful. Whilst getting there wasn't an issue, getting back again was, as the last train left around 10 o’clock. In the end the couple ended up blagging a room in Krsko for the night, and travelled back on the Sunday.

Admittedly this was a couple of years ago so things may have changed, but I would certainly be exploring the hire car option ahead of travelling by train.

Actually Krsko is about 60 Km from Zagreb.

The train thing is possible (I haven't done it myself), but would agree that hiring a car is by far the best option.

Met a couple who did do it by train. They caught one around 1.30, and involved changing at Dobova, got to Krsko around 3.30.

The stadium is, I'm told some 3 km from the rail station, and the taxis are not plentiful. Whilst getting there wasn't an issue, getting back again was, as the last train left around 10 o’clock. In the end the couple ended up blagging a room in Krsko for the night, and travelled back on the Sunday.

Admittedly this was a couple of years ago so things may have changed, but I would certainly be exploring the hire car option ahead of travelling by train.

i think the train might leave at 22.34 and was worried about the meeting over-running (persumably slovenia 1 hour ahead so should be all done and dusted by 10 )

From Zagreb @ 0944, 1112, 1335, arriving at 1117, 1316, 1522 respectively. All require a change at Dobova.

Last train (A Sleeper with 2nd class seats) leaves Krsko at 2234, arrives Zagreb 2329.

Shalewhale accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of this information!

From Zagreb @ 0944, 1112, 1335, arriving at 1117, 1316, 1522 respectively. All require a change at Dobova.

Last train (A Sleeper with 2nd class seats) leaves Krsko at 2234, arrives Zagreb 2329.

Shalewhale accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of this information!

thanks for info shalewhale it would be great to hear from people who previously done this journey without any hiccups !

I would of thought it would be taking a risk getting back, normally if a GP runs to time it will be finished about 9:45 but if there are a few reruns can go on quite a bit later then you have to find a taxi to get to the station. We have always hired a car, they are cheap over there and petrol is cheap too, easy to park at the stadium.

ok, I've done a little research ...

getting from Zagreb to Krško i think is no big problem, the problem is getting back.

you only have one train, and it leaves the Krško station at 22:34, and you change at Dobova, where is a 15 minutes break.

as Rob already said, parking the car at the stadium is no big problem, but don't arrive 10 minutes before the GP :rolleyes:

Mr Snackette, the distance from Zagreb to Krško is not 60, but it is not 30 as well ;)

Krško stadion has a nice web site, also in English, you can check out all the details there ...

speedwaykrsko.si

.............................Mr Snackette, the distance from Zagreb to Krško is not 60, but it is not 30 as well .................

Having done the journey on several occasions I estimated the journey at "around 60 km". According to both the RAC and Via Michelin the journey is actually 54.5 km. Clearly I must take time to be a little more accurate when helping people in future!!! Or more likely I won't bother.

Edited by Mr Snackette

i guess that all those different numbers we get is what i believe is different measuring from one to another journey planers, while the "official" numbers are calculated from to the start of the city, not the center.

Having that in mind, you can easy +-10 km ...

but since probably folks are staying in the center, 60 km wold be more accurate, you were right.

i guess that all those different numbers we get is what i believe is different measuring from one to another journey planers, while the "official" numbers are calculated from to the start of the city, not the center.

Having that in mind, you can easy +-10 km ...

but since probably folks are staying in the center, 60 km wold be more accurate, you were right.

thanks for your help i think the 22.34 train might go straight to zagreb without changing.definately going by train,speedway world website says the stadium is 2km from the station so not much of a walk.however we will have to ask Mr olsen to make sure he runs the meeting through on time!

Here is a photo of Krsko, particularly the stadium and train station (red circle), to give you an idea how far the track is from the station.

krsko.jpg

Here is also the link to a dynamic ortofoto map, where you can zoom in/out: http://www.geopedia.si/#b2_x538598.625_y89936.5_s15

Edited by tomazpozrl

Here is a photo of Krsko, particularly the stadium and train station (red circle), to give you an idea how far the track is from the station.

krsko.jpg

Here is also the link to a dynamic ortofoto map, where you can zoom in/out: http://www.geopedia.si/#b2_x538598.625_y89936.5_s15

thanks tomazpozri it certainly doesnt look very far lets hope matej does the buisness on the night -a rostrum place would be brill!

thanks tomazpozri it certainly doesnt look very far lets hope matej does the buisness on the night -a rostrum place would be brill!

Yeah, Matej Ferjan rules!