1976 Midenhall, Ipswich

1977 Ipswich

1978 Ipswich

1979 Ipswich

1980 Ipswich CMA 9.09

1981 Ipswich

1982 Ipswich

???? ???????

Get yourself the current edition of backtrack for info on Kevin Jolly, although he has selective memory re his Boston days, no mention of his spell there

Guest Steve Dixon

From the Backtrack article I get.........

1983 Ipswich

1984-1986 Kings Lynn

1987-1988 Wimbledon

1989 Peterborough

1990 Milton Keynes.

Kelvin Jolly

Indyvidual:

British Championship U-21

1975 - VIII 8(2-2-1-1-2)

1976- VIII 8(2-3-1-1-1)

British Championship

Coventry 4/6/1980 XIV 4(2-0-1-0-1)

Coventry 3/6/1981 XVI 0(0-0-0-0-0)

Coventry 2/6/1982 XV 2(1-0-1-0-0)

NLRC

?????

BLRC

????

1983 Ipswich

1984-1986 Kings Lynn

1987-1988 Wimbledon

1989 Peterborough

1990 Milton Keynes.

As I mentioned on one of the Backtrack threads that should read 1986 Boston.

1983 Ipswich

1984-1986 Kings Lynn

1987-1988 Wimbledon

1989 Peterborough

1990 Milton Keynes.

Obviously BOSTON 1986 - was awesome that season. I am also sure he did two stints at Peterborough.

As I don't read Backtrack, could someone let us know how he is. Got to know Kev in 1986, but didn't see him after 1990. Spoke to Andy Hines last year.

Obviously BOSTON 1986 - was awesome that season. I am also sure he did two stints at Peterborough.

As I don't read Backtrack, could someone let us know how he is. Got to know Kev in 1986, but didn't see him after 1990. Spoke to Andy Hines last year.

Not got the mag to hand just now, but I think he said he is living in Stowmarket and is a grandad, and doesn't get to speedway much.

He wasn't a rider I saw a lot of, with him predominantly being at Ipswich. Although a strange thing is, I drove from Long Stratton to Colchester down the A140 at the start of February, and my friend pointed out a house on the main road at Stoke Ash, and said that was where Kevin Jolly used to live, and if they saw him coming back up the road from Ipswich, they knew the meeting was off! What plops through the letterbox the following week - a Backtrack featuring amongst others, Mr. Jolly!

Kevin Jolly born date DD??/MM ??/1958

29.1.1958 Eye, Suffolk

As I don't read Backtrack, could someone let us know how he is.

I tell you what . . . if you're home, say, around 3-ish this Sunday, I'll pop over and read the article to you! It'll save us having to print more than just a few copies!

Edited by tmc

Kevin was a quality rider who had the ability to of gone higher than what he did but like he says he seemed to lose momentum after leaving Ipswich for near rivals King's Lyunn in 1983!

Great article in backtrack, just a shame they omitted his 1986 year at Boston. This year he was meant to gone back to Mildenhall his first club but disagreements over the financial elements of the deal led to him being loaned out to Boston. His move to Boston came late casue he was included in all of Mildenhalls pre season photos!

Mildenhall didn't open in the league until 1975 but did ride in training school challenges against the like of Iwade before then. I believe Kevin was involved in these meetings!

I tell you what . . . if you're home, say, around 3-ish this Sunday, I'll pop over and read the article to you! It'll save us having to print more than just a few copies!

Sorry but I don't buy the magazine and that's that. Don't even buy the Star. Having to pay for the wife and 5 kids doesn't half make a dent in your wages.

Kelvin Jolly

Individual:

????

Kevin Guy Jolly finished 2nd in the European Under-21 Championship, at Lonigo in Italy, in 1978. (Finn Rune Jensen won the meeting and Neil Middleditch was third.)

He also rode for England and Young England, but I don't know how many times.

Kevin Guy Jolly finished 2nd in the European Under-21 Championship, at Lonigo in Italy, in 1978. (Finn Rune Jensen won the meeting and Neil Middleditch was third.)

He also rode for England and Young England, but I don't know how many times.

not as many as people might think steve its 6 for england and 4 for young england according to the 86 yearbook