British Speedway Forum
Phil

Steve Johnston Speedway Testimonial - Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

Excuse me i thought the fun thread was closed :wink::lol:

Trust me colin, me on a speedway bike or in leathers is in no way shape or form funny

Trust me colin, me on a speedway bike or in leathers is in no way shape or form funny

I guess it would be the same here. :unsure:

Unless................ :shock::wink:

We have several packages available to sponsor at this meeting:

£50 to sponsor a Rider's Fuel & Tyre

£200 to sponsor a Rider or a Race.

If anyone is interested they can send me a PM with their details & one of us will contact with further information.

Julie Reading & Stephanie Babb

Testimonial Committee

Excuse me i thought the fun thread was closed :wink::lol:

Can't believe all the serious information on this thread - whatever's happened to the Forum these days? :blink:

There is now a second name added to the list of competitors for the testimonial of the year.

It was mentioned in Friday's Bees programme that Johnno hopes all of the 2007 treble winning team will take part in his event & the 1st of these is now confirmed.

Welcome aboard

The one & only

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

SCOTTY NICHOLLS

Edited by colincooke

PRESS RELEASE

THE JOHNO TESTIMONIAL: Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

In 2007 Steve Johnston was persuaded to join Coventry in mid-season by the Bees’ captain SCOTT NICHOLLS, and it was a move which worked out brilliantly for team and rider as the Bees won the Elite League!

Nicholls (now with Eastbourne) is delighted to put his name down to race in the Johno testimonial.

Scott says “Last year, all the Oxford riders lost their jobs when the track closed. It was a shame for Johno and all the Oxford riders. I’d spoken to him and he had a couple of options open, but on a selfish note I wanted him to come to Coventry, because I get on really well with him. At the same time I knew it would be a really good move for him, I knew he would enjoy it, and I think it was great for him.

“He was at my Testimonial and he’s put so much into everybody’s Testimonial, he’s done his fair share of them over the years and he deserves to have a bit of good come his way. I hope he has a brilliant turnout and it all goes well for him.”

END

Scott's words alone are a great testimony to Steve.

There are many more who would say the same.

Having Jason & Scott on the rider list, i'm sure there are many fans already that are licking their lips at the prospect of the meeting, i know i am.

I would think Leigh & Scotty would be definate's along with Judas & Lyonsy.

I can't wait.

SYFL

:approve:

Edited by Ozyace

**** PRESS RELEASE****

THE JOHNO TESTIMONIAL: Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

The universally-admired Speedway superstar LEIGH ADAMS is the latest name to be unveiled for Steve Johnston’s big day in June. The Swindon captain sees this as due reward for all that Australian colleague Johno has given to other riders’ testimonial meetings.

“Without a doubt I’m happy to be riding in this Testimonial, because I think Johno is Mr Testimonial, isn’t he? He’s chased every Testimonial down I think. I’m quite sure he actually goes to the BSPA at the start of the year and finds out when they are, and chases them down because there’s not too many he’s missed.

“It’s nice that his day’s come around and it’s nice to be able to help him out.

“I know there’s a hell of a lot of people coming over from Aussie for it, and being at Coventry it’s central to most of the clubs he’s ridden for. It should be a good day and I hope it all goes off well.”

RIDERS ANNOUNCED SO FAR: LEIGH ADAMS, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP.

***END***

I would think Leigh & Scotty would be definate's along with Judas & Lyonsy.

I can't wait.

SYFL

:approve:

This is turning into a superb line-up.Can't wait for the next announcement.

The sponsorship deals are very fairlly priced also.

Edited by colincooke

Sorry if it's already been asked, but is the Polish league on on this Sunday? :unsure:

This is turning into a superb line-up.Can't wait for the next announcement.

The sponsorship deals are very fairlly priced also.

They are trying to put out press releases once a week Colin.

So as long as I get to my e mails and post on here BEFORE Dave updates the Bees website and you post on here I will keep you all updated.

(Just kidding CC) :wink:

Either way Colin - its great to keep the interest going weekly :lol:

May pop off to another thread (if its still there) to check the queue length now new riders are being added!!! :lol::lol:

They are trying to put out press releases once a week Colin.

So as long as I get to my e mails and post on here BEFORE Dave updates the Bees website and you post on here I will keep you all updated.

(Just kidding CC)

Either way Colin - its great to keep the interest going weekly

May pop off to another thread (if its still there) to check the queue length now new riders are being added!!! :lol::lol:

The other thread has been locked hasn't it :cry: .

I'll be happy to get it up & running again though if there are no objections. :unsure::wink: