British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayTShirts

** Cardiff Gp Music / Presentation **

Wizard of Oz was only played for Crumpie no one else
He's from Aus...or Bristol.....not Oz.

Copenhagen only played for Bjarne
He's from Holstebro...nowhere near Copenhagen.

Just find this playing rubbish old records just because they might have some vague connection to the rider, very naff and embarrassing. Especially when you've clearly failed CSE geography.

If it was a modern song, and actually relevant, it might just work.

Presentation definitely better this year, and loved the innovation. Great fun with different tracks for different winners or circumstances. You get my vote !

Hi what music did you play when Holta won a heat?!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that an issue last night?! :lol:

Superbart, you clearly didn't have the songs "Crumpie comes from Bristol", "Everyone spells 'Aus' wrong but me" or "Copenhagen and Holstebro are 207 miles apart - they don't teach this in CSE geography, and CSEs don't exist anymore" (honestly, who doesn't have those songs?! :blink: ), you characterised the riders instead of giving the precise latitude and longitude of their place of birth. Personally, I think your way had a better effect on the atmosphere! You played to the mood of the crowd very well, but you'll never please everyone! :wink:

Just find this playing rubbish old records just because they might have some vague connection to the rider, very naff and embarrassing. Especially when you've clearly failed CSE geography.

Oh dear, I think someone has got out of the wrong side of the bed today, stop been so picky. :angry:

I only heard what came over the telly but we were saying as we were watching it that whoever was doing the music deserved an award - it was superb, the most relevant I've ever heard, a touch of humour, obviously a lot of thought and as for when Chris Harris was walking back to the pits after breaking his nose, that was absolutly amazing. You could almost see him growing taller as he walked, I reckon it definitely gave him the lift he needed as well as the crowd.

Last time I was there is was the same boring 2 or 3 tracks all the time. This year we were listening more to the background at the end of races to see what little gem you were coming up with this time!

Well done mate, you'd definitely gat my vote

LOL can you suggest a song for Bjarne Pedersen? I wracked my brain but couldn't come up with anything except the slight Danish Link? ;)

LOL can you suggest a song for Bjarne Pedersen? I wracked my brain but couldn't come up with anything except the slight Danish Link? ;)

Well Done mate call his bluff. :wink:

Up to your usual standard Bart, if not better... :approve: I can't believe you got away with the tune mentioned by SCB... :shock: I didn't realise you had been booked to do the presentation, until I recognised the songs you played a Coventry LAST year :angry: ...it all adds to the enjoyment so much more..

Well done I'd say.

Superb Chris mate, a top show & exactly what Brandon is missing this year amongst other things.

Hopefully those at the helm can see that if IMG like it, it's gotta be good.

Good luck for next year & beyond

Regards CC.

Edited by colincooke

Music was spot on all night. Every winner and every incident was occompanied with very appropiate music.

We agreed that the "w@nker" song could have been for either nicky or that stupid ref!

Respect for the pick of music aimed at Nicki, especially as you're a Nicki fan :) Made a few of us giggle and at times sit open mouthed and question "Is he really playing that?"

Hilarious made me spill my beer!

Banana Splits ..... One Bjarne two Bjarne three Bjarne Four! :approve:

Superbart many many congratulations loved all of the music, not an Australian fan but especially loved the Tie me Kangaroo down sport :wink: and the NickiP tune towards the end, very tongue in cheek but made everyone smile including Ronnie Russell :approve: was singing along to everything ..... really hopinbg next year you are back!!!!!

Gotta ask Superbart, who EXACTLY did you play the Ivor Bigun track for???? :blink: (Stand by for several forum members claiming it was for them!!! :rolleyes: ) :lol:

I wouldn't suggest a song for Bjarne at all. You miss the point. I'm saying do away completely with the naff idea of playing some crap song that no one wants to hear just because you think it has some bizarre tenuous link to a rider in the race.