British Speedway Forum

just a bit worried though that Birmingham only holds, what...1,800 people ? And with the air-fence up, only 800 of them will see anything more than just passing helmets !

Perry Barr I reckon could hold about 3000 -4000 for this meeting. There was 6000 for the alan hunt memorial meeting but you could stand on the 1/2 bend for that. With an airfence in place, viewing on the first second bend would be restricted. I would imagine they would put up another temporary stand on the bend to counter it. We average about 1500 for league meetings despite our indifferent season.

Viewing at PB compared to other tracks isnt great but having a great race track thats usually quite grippy will make up for it.

Viewing at PB compared to other tracks isnt great but having a great race track thats usually quite grippy will make up for it.

It won't if no-one can see, will it? :rolleyes:

It won't if no-one can see will it? :rolleyes:

I didnt mean you cant see the track at all, just in some areas its not good in others like the first and second bend.

I didnt mean you cant see the track at all, just in some areas its not good in others like the first and second bend.

That's a big chunk of the stadium that's not as good, isn't it? 1st and 2nd you won't be able to see, 3rd and 4th and backstraight you can't stand on. Hmmm....

Tickest still available at 8.50am monday, ( but Free Kids,-under 12 -causing them difficulty.)

Whats the number to get tickets?

Drury is claiming none of the riders will have ridden Perry Barr before, pretty sure Bjerre and Lindgren have though.

Harris now in as Hampel has pulled out. Schlein now 1st reserve so if anyone else pulls out, he's in.

Edited by Silver Bee

The line-up's not likely to affect the quality of the meeting. It'll be a good one, I'm sure.

Just a bit worried though that Birmingham only holds, what...1,800 people ? And with the air-fence up, only 800 of them will see anything more than just passing helmets !

I'll be getting there early and climbing on the roof of the stand, just to be sure :P

Couldn't care less who wins, I just want entertaining B)

Can you tell me Steve if we will be able to sit in the lower tier of the Grandstand?

Sorry, I meant to reply before and forgot...

There's no outdoor seating at Perry Barr.

Seating area is the bar. Nice bar mind, and a very good view. If you can stand being behind glass then it will be fine, but get there early !

Drury is claiming none of the riders will have ridden Perry Barr before, pretty sure Bjerre and Lindgren have though.
Holder rode there twice last season. :rolleyes:

Drury often talks rubbish.

Harris now in as Hampel has pulled out. Schlein now 1st reserve so if anyone else pulls out, he's in.

Freddie rode for Wolves there, at the end of last season. Scored the same as Sitera !

Don't remember Bjerre riding...

Schlein rode in the Second City Trophy.

Holder's been twice.

Harris now in as Hampel has pulled out

Is he injured?