British Speedway Forum

How come this one stop shop car park doesn't mind scores of speedway fans cars taking up their parking spaces? :blink: Normally at supermarkets, for example, there is a limit of two hours and I'm sure that's the job Joanne had a while ago; making sure no-one stayed for more than 2 hours on her little patch. :wink:

It's just empty....so I suppose they have no problem with it. With the nearby fast-food outlets, it probs gives em a little bit of trade. Good for a quick getaway as well because it leads straight to the main road.

Thanks. That explains it then. :approve:

I was told yesterday 'tocha' that the tickets were sold out by some guy who did not seem to know what he was on about, tried again today and booked them, albeit with a different person on the helpline.

The Company selling them is called; see tickets

Hope that is of help, I understand that a limited amount of tickets will be kept back for the night.

The meeting does not need to be moved from Birmingham for any reason.

Following your post I booked tickets via the ticket hotline last Monday and was informed that they would be put in the post the same day. I have just returned home from a week's holiday to find a letter stating that due to circumstances beyond their control they will not be available until the day of event from 19.30 hours onwards - that's when it starts! They provide a tel. no. to phone but so far I have been 'greeted' by a message stating no-one is available whereapon the call is terminated. Anybody else had a similar communication?

Edited by tocha

I emailed the Birmingham Speedway office about the ticket availability and recieved a reply from Denise Drury saying that tickets are available to pay on the entrance.

Well decision made - I managed to get to the Pairs today so I wont be going to Perry Barr on Wednesday

(Happy now Adder!)

Awwww I'll miss you :( I was looking forward to you seeing me on the centre green ;)

Anyone wondering re seating etc, there's no extra being put up, but the 3rd and 4th bends will be open unlike regular home meetings.

Bart

:)

Awwww I'll miss you :( I was looking forward to you seeing me on the centre green ;)

Anyone wondering re seating etc, there's no extra being put up, but the 3rd and 4th bends will be open unlike regular home meetings.

Bart

:)

The view any good from there? Also, does anyone know what time the shops are open to at the One Stop?

3rd and 4th bend opening, what a great bloody idea, won't be able to see owt because of the airfence :rolleyes:

3rd and 4th bend opening, what a great bloody idea, won't be able to see owt because of the airfence :rolleyes:

I'm guessing its similar to the first and second bends which are well attended so the viewing off them must be ok for regular meetings, though not sure how it'll work out with the air fence. The atmosphere is always spot on at Brum, very vocal so with the added fans I'm sure it will be a superb night!

Don't forget its airhorn free at Brum and they're really strict about it.

Edited by Superbart

Top post 21CH.

Good to see the club working with the Uni too, a good sign that, hopefully.

I should have mentioned that. Hopefully Wednesday will see a turning point for the relationship between B'ham Speedway and BCU.

Whats the traffic like round the stadium area? What time would people recommend getting there etc...

No probs when you're off the motorway. Use J7 and you're almost there. Most of the traffic at that time is heading out of the City rather than in, and much of that is heading along the Aston Express way towards J6.

Just allow yourself some time as the M6 from J11 to J8 can be extremely busy at times. It's hit and miss. Sometimes you breeze through, and other times you will have to crawl for a few miles.

How come this one stop shop car park doesn't mind scores of speedway fans cars taking up their parking spaces?

Simply because the shops are closed, or mostly if not all, by half seven on a Wednesday evening. Even at other times I doubt there would be a problem. There's plenty of parking there, and I guess they would hope people arrive early and pop in to one or two shops.

Are there definately tickets available on the day because theres been alot said about them already being sold out?

The B'ham website shows a cost for paying on the night.

Anyone know the crowd limit at the stadium? Has the bspa checked?!!!!

I don't have an exact figure, but with significant space available inside as well as people outside it must hold something in the region of 6000.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe I've never noticed but is the 3rd/4th bend banked?

To clarify the situation about parking on the "one-stop" shopping centre car park, Birmingham Speedway have an agreed deal with the shopping complex to use the car park on speedway race nights. This deal was sorted when the Brummies relaunched last year. There are loads of spaces and, of course, it is free aswell!

The view any good from there? Also, does anyone know what time the shops are open to at the One Stop?

Apart from the ASDA and the fast food outlets, I think most of them are closed by 5.30pm.

Don't think so

There is some earth banking, but this has never been used before. Apparently it was built when the speedway track was constructed last year, but it had to be left to consolidate.

Viewing on the 3rd/4th bend should be great; that is where a lot of the overtaking takes place!

That's what I thought. If memory serves there was some sort of issue with the removal of earth so it was dumped on the 3rd/4th turn. I'm not 100% sure about it though. If this is the case then there will be some elevation on the 3rd/4th turn that should allow people to see over the air fence.