British Speedway Forum

This is not said enough! :wink:

Pretty sure it was Brendan Johnson

It was Matt Bates

Told ya! :lol:

I did say that Tomasz was one of the few that impressed me.

[quote name='colincooke' date='Jan 4 2009, 09:29 PM' post='1403654'

So the question is had the water pipes really frozen or was Mr Ford saving some dosh? :P

God it was dusty, i half expected Ted Rogers & his sidekick to tap me on the shoulder. :D

So, Congratulations to COVENTRY BEES BEN BARKER :approve:

That's the 1st trophy done & dusted :wink:

Granted all the comments about track prep particularly from Starman & Jay but it was said tongue in cheek.

Lisa dear, have you not noticed the wink after my comment there.

You really do need to calm down.

I reckon you're just peeved i beat ya at Word twist :lol:

Edited by colincooke

So the question is had the water pipes really frozen or was Mr Ford saving some dosh?

God it was dusty, i half expected Ted Rogers & his sidekick to tap me on the shoulder.

So, Congratulations to COVENTRY BEES BEN BARKER

That's the 1st trophy done & dusted

Granted all the comments about track prep particularly from Starman & Jay but it was said tongue in cheek.

Lisa dear, have you not noticed the wink after my comment there.

You really do need to calm down.

I reckon you're just peeved i beat ya at Word twist :lol:

Did you not notice the wink after mine! I was joking! Obviously not a lot of sense of humour in the midlands! :lol:

As for word twist a 7 year old could beat me at that. Anyway its just countdown!! :lol:

Edited by lisa-colette

Yes it was cold, yes it was dusty ( no fault of Poole) and yes it was a long drive home but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. Skorniki did look untouchable in the heats but a classy final bend from Ben Barker in the final was the climax of some exciting racing.

Great to get a methanol fix so early. The only negative for me was the £3 for the programme.

Good Post. Agree completely :approve:

As for word twist a 7 year old could beat me at that. :lol:

7 year olds eh!, smart a**es aren't they, well that's enough about Lewis Bridger. ;):shock:

Not much to add to other postings. A very, very good meeting indeed with plenty of passing and lots of commitment from the riders. Skornicki the moral victor (I do hate these post-20 heat finals) but, as he remarked afterwards, the rules were there from the beginning.

Barker rode very well and if he can retain the fire while smoothing out a few of the edges then Coventry have much to look forward to this season.

By way of explanation on Klindt he had carburettor problems before the start (kudos to Mads Korneliussen for his help, advice, loan of a carb and for generally looking pretty cool in his Swindon Town scarf) and had to miss the practice. Then he ploughed into the tapes on his first ride, so was basically one heat and two laps adrift in his track knowledge and struggled early on. Picked up with a second and a win in his last two outings.

7 year olds eh!, smart a**es aren't they, well that's enough about Lewis Bridger. ;):shock:

well i know a donkey thats got 8 GCSE's ,3 a levels and he haven,t got a friend in the world :wink:

Edited by Reckless Eric

Myself, my dad and our friend Barry had a great weekend, a special thank you to rabbit and mr rabbit for their company and laughter on saturday night we had a great time. :)

A very good crowd turned up with fans from all over the country. Saw Mildenhall, Kings lynn, Coventry, plymouth, Somerset, Stoke, Peterborough, Reading, Wolverhampton, Redcar, Exeter, Swindon and of course Poole fans in attendance and I should think nearly all clubs were represented by fans.

There were Edinburgh fans there as well you know!! I was being quite quiet for a change :P

I really enjoyed my speedway yesterday even although the track was dusty it did produce some cracking racing. And it was colder in Poole than it was in Edinburgh!

Other riders of note were ben barker, who is erratic in the extreme but fun to watch

if you think he is erratic wait till you've seen kyle....he makes barker look like leigh adams!!!!!!! :lol:

And it was colder in Poole than it was in Edinburgh!

You've got to be joking :shock: Personally, being there myself I'd care to disagree.... A meeting I was at last season at Armadale was far far colder than Poole was yesterday...

And by the way.... you know you just walked straight past me after you looked in our direction.... by the time I knew it you had vanished into the crowd further along from us and I was too stiff to actually move :blink:

Very enjoyable meeting yesterday though... Worthy of mentions were Barker, Skornicki, Piszcz, Bridger and Jankowski who went about his business very quietly but done what was needed.

David Howe was disappointing... don't know if that was just the track or whether he was feeling the cold but if he rides like that for Scunthorpe then they have problems...

Robbo was solid if not spectacular.... but boy is he going to need to sharpen up his gating skills for EL. He was left every time at the gate yesterday and on that track there was not much he could have done to make up the ground.

Was nice to see womble53 again, who looked like he enjoyed that cheeseburger he had.... I watched every bite you took ya bugger :lol:

And I agree with what one or two others have said... if Poole can produce racing like they had yesterday on a dustbowl... then Good Luck to them if they get another crack at it. Certainly done it justice... :approve:

Girt meeting. Girt Racing. Girt performances by all riders. Girt big blister on my ankle courtesy of my new boots! Girt big plaster over said blister. Girt season ahead if all meetings are this competitive! :approve:

Don't think poole is one of david howe's favourite tracks, has only had the odd good meeting there.