British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Railway End

Reg Luckhurst

Saw Reg and Gloria @ Rhodes Minnis neither of them have changed a bit, (nor have I Gloria said) They used to live up the road from me. Went to school with Jamie and Jeremy, Jamie was also @ Rhodes Minnis will try and find out what I can about them for you xx

I would be grateful to hear about Reg Luckhurst too please Shazzybird. He was one of my idol's down at New Cross in the 60's. He was such a lovely fella. A good rider and with a positive attitude. Do not understand your Rhodes Minnis stuff though. Is it an Island off Manhattan? (Excuse my ignorance...)

Reg was one of my favourites too (him and Jimmy Gooch). He was also my favourite at West Ham. I was very upset when he was swapped for Olle Nygren. A great character with a great singing voice (!) if I remember correctly...

A great character with a great singing voice (!) if I remember correctly...

Oh god! Norbold don't I actually am the proud owner of his record "Speedway" :oops:

Do not understand your Rhodes Minnis stuff though. Is it an Island off Manhattan? (Excuse my ignorance...)

It is actually in Kent ! Not far off M20. It is a grass track venue which was revived last year.

A great character with a great singing voice (!) if I remember correctly...

Oh god! Norbold don't I actually am the proud owner of his record "Speedway" :oops:

So you're the person who bought it. I often wondered who it was... ;-)

and if memory serves me right this time the "B" side is "Your Cheating Heart" omg I can remember playing it over and over again on my nans radiogram (my god that was a beast!) more happy memories :)