British Speedway Forum

he has not accepted anything in the gp's as being his fault so far (he even described completely wiping Emil out in one GP as Emil running into him after he had recovered!) and even managed to pressure spinless officials into replacing a ref by threatening to not ride over a decision which was not cut and dried...... just like tonights

Nicki's involvement in the sport benefits it but he is one of many and has no divine right to anything on or off track and all the signs have been there this season that he thinks he does

Complete & utter rubbishe......but thank you for taking the time to reply. :rolleyes:

. . . . . .

The gap was there and it was closed.

. . . . . . . . . .

How can a gap be there and being closed at the same time . . . . . . . . . . :rolleyes::blink::wink:

How can a gap be there and being closed at the same time . . . . . . . . . . :rolleyes::blink::wink:

Perhaps it's Christmas day...

Nicki is a different kettle of fish though ....... when you say 'immediately after' do you mean in the same tv interview that everyone watched and will remember? in the club after? in the speedway star 5 days after? :P

It was in the same interview...the very next sentence, in fact, if I remember right.

Stupidity from Pedersen. Went for a gap that was never there and paid the consequences.

Good meeting and well done to the Russians. Fancied the look of them before the start as if you know your stuff about world speedway you would see they have alot of good riders doing well around Europe.

Could be even stronger in the final if they bring Artem Laguta in.

Danes have no chance now. NKI and Bjarne P were poor and Klindt will struggle in Poland.

Don't get me wrong Henry, I'm haven't formed my opinion on the basis of what happened tonight. I do remember the Danes moaning about the Poles replacing an under performing rider.

Again though, in most other team sports, you can replace an under performing member of the team with a substitute. I don't see why Speedway has to be different, it would be the same for everyone.

It would surely be much better than seeing races with only three riders.

Ah right...Well you will see from another post of mine that I completely agree with you.

Utter utter twit.

So ban me.....

So the throttle does only go one way! Please except my apologies :rolleyes:

A rider actually said it in an interview once years ago. If a rider is quicker and is going to pass you, you may as well let him work for it and leave a bit of room rather than both ending up in the fence and out for weeks. He then went on to say the Americans were the most gentlemanly when leaving room, the Brits were the worst for closing the gap. Perhaps it just doesn't happen anymore, hence why nobody has heard of it.

So one rider says it years ago, and it's fact...

As i said in my last message, is a rider who's leading supposed to have eyes in the back of his head ?

Riders like Hancock and Wiltshire, as much as it pains me to say, were a few years ago, easy to pass once they felt a rider was within 10 yards of them and they then rode lines that were easily passed on.

I can't remember any other rider ever bottling it simply because of some stupid fantasy gentlemans agreement about letting a quicker rider pass.

So the throttle does only go one way! Please except my apologies :rolleyes:

No, the throttle goes two ways, but it's no help when someone turns right on you at 75mph. :rolleyes:

what the hell has happened on this forum?

is it really acceptable to be giving out unintelligent abuse?

grown adults or children?

henry

well i'll trust your better memory.... what I remember from that interview was Nicki taking things to the nth degree

But why was the dirty dane going for run that would take him past the point of no return had the ruski not moved over Pedersen wasnt quicker and would have only ended up embedded in the fence, again his lack of trackcraft shows him up. Good riders dont get in such positions.

what the hell has happened on this forum?

is it really acceptable to be giving out unintelligent abuse?

grown adults or children?

henry

well i'll trust your better memory.... what I remember from that interview was Nicki taking things to the nth degree

:lol: :lol:

As for the crash, I have to say that whilst the reserve system is open to serious abuse, it is something that needs looking at. Nicki's carted off in an ambulance after a bad crash and Denmark have to run with no rider? Might be the rules, but that's poor IMO.

The same thing happened last year in the Final at Vojens when Crump was injured in his first race.

When they had an extra rider, in case of injury, it was abused with Team Managers pulling out riders who weren't going well but who were not injured at all.

The same thing happened last year in the Final at Vojens when Crump was injured in his first race.

When they had an extra rider, in case of injury, it was abused with Team Managers pulling out riders who weren't going well but who were not injured at all.

That's why the reserves rides need to be limited to 3 max.