British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gatekeeper522

Mr Kieth Chapman

Dear Powers That Be,

Can we please, please have tracks like this for the GP season? Oh, and don't let Olsen loose on the Lezno track Thursday and Saturday.....

Thanks

Bobbin' xx

After the woeful tracks we have to put up with throughout the GP season (and, to be fair, some domestic meetings too!) it was a pleasure to see world class riders on a fair, well prepared track. Some brilliant racing, and a track showing more than one line, even at the end of the meeting. A great advert for our sport, which has taken a battering just recently with all the silly rows, rules and accusations.

Credit where its due, yes the track was great last night, but its been pretty damn good all season thanks to the efforts of Dick Greer, who sadly isn't working at Peterborough anymore.

It pains me to say it but...... nmmmnmnmnmnnnn... well done Mr Chapman, great track prep! :oops:

Credit where its due, yes the track was great last night, but its been pretty damn good all season thanks to the efforts of Dick Greer, who sadly isn't working at Peterborough anymore.

That is not correct. Dick Greer is and always has/will be an integral part of the Peterborough trackstaff.

Strange that.

Am sure I saw him on the centre green most of last night!!

A rumour started by those with an axe to grind?

That is not correct. Dick Greer is and always has/will be an integral part of the Peterborough trackstaff.

Fair enough, I sit corrected.

Congrats to all involved for the great entertainment last night!

Lets have the same preparation for the next Sky meeting. Must admit when watching the first five racec thought , here we go, dry,dusty,slick track again. But after the watering it was fantastic. Tatum commented on it possibly being overwatered, didn't think that was the case. Keith Huewen certainly isn't an Olsen fan is he? Plenty of digs in relating to the best meeting he'd seen, the best race seen for a while, not a slick track etc. Hopefully Sky can throw some weight behind track prep and give the supporters and viewers what they want.

Its a shame that the powers that be will not or do not listen to the fans or read this forum, we have campaigned for grippy tracks as the answer to provide better racing and last night showed it to be the case. I also think the riders had a point to prove as well and put on one hell of a show. Well done track staff.

I have always thought Peterborough a great racing track :approve: I wish the 4's was back there.

Well said, should never have been changed IMO.

Lets have the same preparation for the next Sky meeting. Must admit when watching the first five racec thought , here we go, dry,dusty,slick track again. But after the watering it was fantastic. Tatum commented on it possibly being overwatered, didn't think that was the case. Keith Huewen certainly isn't an Olsen fan is he? Plenty of digs in relating to the best meeting he'd seen, the best race seen for a while, not a slick track etc. Hopefully Sky can throw some weight behind track prep and give the supporters and viewers what they want.

Its a shame that the powers that be will not or do not listen to the fans or read this forum, we have campaigned for grippy tracks as the answer to provide better racing and last night showed it to be the case. I also think the riders had a point to prove as well and put on one hell of a show. Well done track staff.

When it comes to track preparation - is anyone actually an Olsen fan?

Definetly some brilliant races on an exciting track last night.

The track looked well prepared, plenty of racing lines and probably on a par with the racing at Monmore (most weeks) :approve:

The GP's are supposed to be the moxt exciting events in Speedway, all the world's best riders competing, but the tracks served up make them more like a borefest! If any racing is going to win over new fans it's that meeting- good passes, exciting and unpredictable. Unlike the GP's, where the order the riders reach the first bend in is the order they'll finish the race in :rolleyes:

credit where it's due, a super track, but heavy rain helped as they had to put more dirt down to soak up the water.

The TV lads said that last night so not rumour.

More of the same please.

If the Danes were riding at Peterborough do you think the track would have been like that?

Olsen would have had it slick

Has anyone ever asked Ole Olsen why he prepares slick tracks for big events, surely it is time for him to step aside and let someone else have a go the man in my opinion is killing the sport with his arogance.

If the Danes were riding at Peterborough do you think the track would have been like that?

Olsen would have had it slick

100% which is reason 1) why the guy either has to go or be 'controlled'

tbh Eastie I may be wrong but I think we are already seeing signs that he is being controlled ...... Leszno will be telling as to date we still haven't seen it prepared for a GP or SWC event in the way it is at league level