British Speedway Forum
norbold

Aaaaaagggggghhhhhh!

I don't believe the Speedway Star would make such a mistake. That bloke who wrote the piece needs sacking, especially in the week thousands of lives have been ruined by the floods in Cumbria. Who's up for getting Burfield the sack? I could set up a petition on the 10 Downing Street website.

OK, but what's the point of writing about the history of the sport if you get it wrong?

I agree that it's completely irrelevant compared to people losing their homes, possessions etc but no one tried to make it a big issue.

Incidentally, Lionel Wills was a member of the famous Wills family that will forever be associated with speedway thanks to their sponsorship of the prestigious Internationale meeting every Whit Monday at Plough Lane.

OK, but what's the point of writing about the history of the sport if you get it wrong?

I agree that it's completely irrelevant compared to people losing their homes, possessions etc but no one tried to make it a big issue.

Incidentally, Lionel Wills was a member of the famous Wills family that will forever be associated with speedway thanks to their sponsorship of the prestigious Internationale meeting every Whit Monday at Plough Lane.

Do you remember the referee at one of the CL Pairs meetings at Plough Lane, Barry, who when we told him that guests of honour Ian and Lionel Hoskins were John Hoskins' sons replied, "who's Johnnie Hoskins"..??!! :shock:

Do you remember the referee at one of the CL Pairs meetings at Plough Lane, Barry, who when we told him that guests of honour Ian and Lionel Hoskins were John Hoskins' sons replied, "who's Johnnie Hoskins"..??!! :shock:

I think his name was Dale Entwhistle - always reminded me of Nigel Wagstaff !!

I don't believe the Speedway Star would make such a mistake. That bloke who wrote the piece needs sacking, especially in the week thousands of lives have been ruined by the floods in Cumbria. Who's up for getting Burfield the sack? I could set up a petition on the 10 Downing Street website.

Well that's put me in my place.

In future then it won't matter whether people get their facts right or not and no-one need bother to do any research. While people are dying in wars all over the world who cares? In fact, who cares about speedway at all? Why should anyone go to speedway when their is famine in Africa? Come to think of it isn't it all a bit pointless posting on the BSF while much of the third world is living in poverty?

In future then it won't matter whether people get their facts right or not and no-one need bother to do any research. While people are dying in wars all over the world who cares? In fact, who cares about speedway at all? Why should anyone go to speedway when their is famine in Africa? Come to think of it isn't it all a bit pointless posting on the BSF while much of the third world is living in poverty?

It's okay though, coz I hear that Dr. Brian Belton's next book will be about Solving the Crisis of International Capitalism...

It's coming out by the same publishers producing my Guide to The Higway Code...!! :wink:

Don't worry folks the world is ending in 2012

Before the Olympics I hope...

Hopefully after because, if not, then all the money everyone is so keen to say is being wasted, will really have been pee'd up the wall!

Edited by DK Rides Again

Yes the world is ending on 21 December 2012-I am OK though because I have all my investment certificates coming due on Dec 20th 2012-I am golden boy!

There’s always one windup merchant with nothing better to do :rolleyes: I bet you deny the holocaust as well

If you are going to write wind up posts at least make them amusing -_-

Oh and thank you for your enlightening contribution to speedway history :blink:

As you have such grave concern.. can I ask what your contribution is to help the poor people of cumbria :P

You can get back to your reality TV show now.....something about jungle is it :lol:

There’s always one windup merchant with nothing better to do :rolleyes: I bet you deny the holocaust as well

If you are going to write wind up posts at least make them amusing -_-

Oh and thank you for your enlightening contribution to speedway history :blink:

As you have such grave concern.. can I ask what your contribution is to help the poor people of cumbria :P

You can get back to your reality TV show now.....something about jungle is it :lol:

Obviously a man whose personality and humour are a perfect match for his Christian name.

And even more demeaning is that he appears to be a Brummie.

Obviously a man whose personality and humour are a perfect match for his Christian name.

And even more demeaning is that he appears to be a Brummie.

:rolleyes: you must be psychic

And your christian name is ?

And you live where ?

With respect :rolleyes: can I correct your grammer, if you are making personal remarks direct to me, It should be....

In the first person "And even more demeaning is that you appear to be a Brummie", not in the third person "And even more demeaning is that he appears to be a Brummie. The same goes for your first remark. :P

If it was not a direct remark it is bad manners to talk in the 'third person' while the person you are talking about is listening...

Nigel Boocock, Nigel Mansell et al... :P

Edited by Nigel

:rolleyes: you must be psychic

And your christian name is ?

And you live where ?

With respect :rolleyes: can I correct your grammer, if you are making personal remarks direct to me, It should be....

In the first person "And even more demeaning is that you appear to be a Brummie", not in the third person "And even more demeaning is that he appears to be a Brummie. The same goes for your first remark. :P

If it was not a direct remark it is bad manners to talk in the 'third person' while the person you are talking about is listening...

Nigel Boocock, Nigel Mansell et al... :P

Nigel

I wasn't directly talking to you - I thought you may have been too busy pressing the smilie buttons - I was talking about you.

As for your name, please forgive my attitude... Nige. Afterall, it was the first thing your parents gave you. The song "A Boy Named Sue" sprang to my mind for some reason.

Oh, and you missed out Nigel Pearson.

Edited by moxey63

Nigel

I wasn't directly talking to you - I thought you may have been too busy pressing the smilie buttons - I was talking about you.

As for your name, please forgive my attitude... Nige. Afterall, it was the first thing your parents gave you. The song "A Boy Named Sue" sprang to my mind for some reason.

Oh, and you missed out Nigel Pearson.

you should remember the rest of the song....

Nigel Pearson .. now thats uncalled for ..a bit below the belt.. how low will you stoop

And your Christian name is ??????? is it so embarrassing

and you live where??????? ... just for you no smilies

Edited by Nigel

you should remember the rest of the song....

Nigel Pearson .. now thats uncalled for ..a bit below the belt.. how low will you stoop

And your Christian name is ??????? is it so embarrassing

and you live where??????? ... just for you no smilies

Nigel

So glad you're taking it in the way it was meant. By the way, I would have liked my name to be Nigel - anything's better than Cedrick!

Edited by moxey63