British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Speedway Grand Prix...there's An App For That!

Looks like it could be useful! Will interesting to see how well it works when the GP season starts!

Speedway fan Craig Williamson has developed a superb SGP app for the iPhone and iTouch.

Craig Williamson - there's a blast from the early days of speedway on the Internet. :approve:

Now all I need is an iphone..

Used this app during the GP, during the heats it worked great but then after the 20 heats when there were ties eg on 8 points it didn't calculate them correctly then it doesn't put the riders in for the semi finals?

QUOTE (Rob B @ Apr 24 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Used this app during the GP, during the heats it worked great but then after the 20 heats when there were ties eg on 8 points it didn't calculate them correctly then it doesn't put the riders in for the semi finals?

You just had to pick the riders for the semi.

I thought it worked not too bad.

I look forward to using it in anger in Gothenburg.

Will have a look at the semis again, but it didn't calculate the count back rights, eg the 4 rides on 8 points, it had one with 1 win higher then those with 2 wins.

QUOTE (Rob B @ Apr 24 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will have a look at the semis again, but it didn't calculate the count back rights, eg the 4 rides on 8 points, it had one with 1 win higher then those with 2 wins.

It doesn't matter that it doesn't calculate the count backs, as you have to manually put the semi final riders in depending on their gate positions.

I thought it worked really well.

Seen this on an I phone any chance of somebody developing this for the Android platform

I didn't have a problem with it, I thought it was excellent and a great way to keep up with what was going on. Generally, the scores at my end matched those on the TV. It took a little bit to get the Semi system worked out, but once I got it, it was fine.

It was a great app and one I look forward to using both throughout the year and for other meetings (if I can).

I used the app at the stadium on Saturday and thought it worked extremely well. I was very quick to enter the race results, pickm riders/gates for the semis and final and to check the progress of each riders.

Seen this on an I phone any chance of somebody developing this for the Android platform

I agree, any plans to release for Android, please????

The app has been updated today, the points above I made have been done, it now uses the countback rules if riders tied on points, also automatically selects the correct riders for the semis, just have to select the helmet colour for each now.

Has anyone had there update... !!

Was a brilliant app but not worth £2.99 per season and that price is a limited offer...

Looks like pen and paper for me in 2011 !! ;-(

A real shame someone has decided to get greedy