British Speedway Forum
newportspeedwayhh

Newport Hornets ~ V ~ Plymouth Devils

It's not a rumour I've just been over there and seen the guys putting them in!

There are lots of positive things happening and planned at Newport that we want the world to know about!!

So how is the club going to do that then Laurence when there are people in the close vicinity of the speedway who have no idea that it didn't all end at Somerton Park and younger ones who have no idea what it is anyway?

Forget about the world (I know that was only tongue in cheek), how about concentrating on your neighbours :wink:

It's not a rumour I've just been over there and seen the guys putting them in!

I know Tanya --hence the winks and smily faces!! Press Release due out --and another postive one!!

quote from philcrumpisgod : So how is the club going to do that then Laurence when there are people in the close vicinity of the speedway who have no idea that it didn't all end at Somerton Park and younger ones who have no idea what it is anyway?

Forget about the world (I know that was only tongue in cheek), how about concentrating on your neighbours

That is what we are planning to do mate!! Lots being sorted at the moment --as they say "watch this space!"

So how is the club going to do that then Laurence when there are people in the close vicinity of the speedway who have no idea that it didn't all end at Somerton Park and younger ones who have no idea what it is anyway?

Forget about the world (I know that was only tongue in cheek), how about concentrating on your neighbours :wink:

In fairness, this isn't unique to Newport. Plenty of other places have speedway teams and nobody knows about them.

I know Tanya --hence the winks and smily faces!! Press Release due out --and another postive one!!

No point having winks and smileys get the news out there, so many positives to report when all we have heard is negativity lately mainly aimed at the loyal supporters of Newport.

In fairness, this isn't unique to Newport. Plenty of other places have speedway teams and nobody knows about them.

Have to agree with you there, Diesel. During my visit to the UK last year I was amazed at the number of people who didn't know (1) where their local club was or (2) if they even had one! Searching for Wolverhampton's track I could see the Floodlights but the people I asked for directions hadn't heard of the Mighty WOLVES.

Edited by BigFatDave

Good PR or not, to change any race day details requires requesting permission from the relevant governing bodies, and I would imagine they will be as accomodating as FIFA would if they were asked to change their arrangements for us :o

You need to record that game with the ball and 40,000 referees lol

A few more than 40,000 referees, as you may not be aware, this is probably the biggest tournament in the world.

I have been on to FIFA, and they say that due to all the revenue from the tv,a stadium full of spectators,the years of planning, they are unable to accomadate Newport Speedway and move the time of the game. However they did make a suggestion that newport move the start time of the speedway, so that Newport did not loose valuble revenue. And as sadly Speedway is a minority sport,( a fact)was an effort made to change the start time?

Oh I know that only too well Diesel, trouble is Newport has been a failing business for far too long yet it seems that the club still hasn't reached out to people who are on their doorstep never mind further flung.

Apart from the Darlows deal (and well done to him for that at least), what has Shaun Honor achieved in terms of getting the commercial side of things going and increasing numbers through the gate? I don't see much evidence to be honest.

I hope that Laurence's recent postings are indicative of a new approach at Newport Speedway and that it doesn't all end up as "here we go again".

Right, positive attitude from here on in it is :D

ps......is it too much to ask to move the Hornets/Plymouth match by a few hours and can we have the Wasps/Glasgow meeting on GP Saturday morning? You gotta give your customers what they want ;)

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

*Although I can't imagine finding a texter OR updater is going to be very easy with the England match on.

Todd got a new average yesterday and should ride at number 1.

did we get it wrong then?

back to the burrow

did we get it wrong then?

back to the burrow

Still trying to write in English I see. Keep it up, you'll get there eventually.

Still trying to write in English I see. Keep it up, you'll get there eventually.

what are you on about?

Back to the hole

what are you on about?

I'm on about you trying to write in English. You're getting there slowly. We just need to get you up to speed in reading now.

Edited by Stoaty

quote from philcrumpisgod : So how is the club going to do that then Laurence when there are people in the close vicinity of the speedway who have no idea that it didn't all end at Somerton Park and younger ones who have no idea what it is anyway?

Forget about the world (I know that was only tongue in cheek), how about concentrating on your neighbours

That is what we are planning to do mate!! Lots being sorted at the moment --as they say "watch this space!"

-

Glad the lights will be going up which should mean newport will be running next season... (fingers crossed of course).

This should bring better racing with the night (the welsh sunshine has been far too kind), and if we change from sundays that might help us (ie. choice of riders perhaps, seeing that a genuine no1 could have joined us if they werent racing in other countries on sundays, but we'll see how Aspergren goes :D ).

It certainly seems like Newport is planning for the future which is great news!