British Speedway Forum

Why Lindgren? Is this just some "little West-Midlander" thing? Okay, Lindgren's a big fish in the Elite League, but he's hardly produced a thing in the SGP and was poor in the SWC Final, nor is he any great shakes in the tougher Polish league.

Freddie isn't a great gater, and he lacks speed on the big tracks. Notice how he's OK at Cardiff? You're so disrespectful to some great riders, it's so hard at this level, and each season 7 riders do have to fail!

I think the Gollob haters are trying to make a big deal out of the crash with Emil, yes he was at fault, yes he should have been excluded, but to say throw him out of the meeting is just plain silly. He made a minor misjudgment which yes caused major carnage and Emil got injured but it certainly was not intentional. He went narrow off of bend 2 and picked up grip as Janusz K did in Leszno and unfortunately Emil took the low line into bend 3 and not the high line which other riders had been taking. Gollob tried his best to avoid contact but could not.

It was a racing incident.

I think the Gollob haters are trying to make a big deal out of the crash with Emil, yes he was at fault, yes he should have been excluded, but to say throw him out of the meeting is just plain silly. He made a minor misjudgment which yes caused major carnage and Emil got injured but it certainly was not intentional. He went narrow off of bend 2 and picked up grip as Janusz K did in Leszno and unfortunately Emil took the low line into bend 3 and not the high line which other riders had been taking. Gollob tried his best to avoid contact but could not.

It was a racing incident.

it wasn't a racing incident, Gollob was basically on the white line down the straight :blink:

Emil was taking the corner and Gollob wiped him out, to me that is no racing incident.

Well, unlike some British riders who are too weak to finish in top 8 every single season, Polish riders don't need any wild cards to ride in SGP. So don't worry, we won't take any of your wild cards.

Well at least you got a winner last night,even if he was a fake,3 GP'S in Poland looks like the BSI are doing very nicely out of the SGP series along with Poland,and yes a Polish champ will benefit Poland even more you'll soon have it all,we'll see what happens next year,the British riders should be given more chances in their own leagues instead of foreign imports,regardless of a Brit in the GP'S next year or not,it's all nicely geared elsewhere

I too think Gollob is a great rider but has no respect for anyone,even the TV that help pay his wages and help his sponsors,looks like he has the title but I'm another who hopes he doesn't

Totally agree. Red Card from the meeting if the rider he injured cannot take his rides

As others have said this is probably already an option but one of those things that rarely happen.......I think the problem with it at the moment is that the standard of refereeing in FIM events is currently poor and inconsistent................... someone mentioned the Zorro incident at Newcastle ... which I remember diamond fans raging about on this forum after the meeting... then the video went up and although a hard move it was actually little more than a racing incident that ended badly............... when you have the current set of FIM refs who do you trust to be sensible and not unecessarily mess up the entire season for someone?.......... for example why is it only Tony Steele who manages to see creeping at the starts and the other refs allow it to take place...surely that is something basic with speedway reffing?

What engines does Holta use? He always looks 10mph faster than everyone else.

holta always seems to be on ultra fast engines.... i'm getting concerned with the consistent head and shoulders speed of a couple of riders above all others every gp..... the difference between them and the rest seemingly equates to them having perfect bikes, perfect engines, and perfect mechanics ........... nothing is so consistently perfect

but Chris Harris hit lucky with a very easy last ride.

they all have to race against the same opposition... yes of course on one level you are correct..... on another though he was left at the start and pulled off as good a first lap as we saw last night to make sure that he wasnt filled in and playing follow my leader.... he deserved what he gained

Gollob could've finished his own World Championship hopes in that move, but it does appear that he doesn't like the Russian for some reason - doubt if it is political history but do remember a couple of incidents last season between the two of them. I do hope it was not deliberate as that would tarnish the title if Gollob is to win it at last and I really did think he had rid himself of these mental aberrations. I am TG's biggest fan when it comes to riding a speedway bike, but this does have me shaking my head again.

Well done to Rune - 4th in the Championship is quite an achievement and a strange looking top 8 after this GP, but that is not a bad thing. A couple of seasons ago people were telling me that Nicki would rule the world for a number of years with his attitude and back up team. Where has it all gone?

for me it was always going to happen between gollob and emil.... i was waiting all last season for it...... there arent two riders more befitting the young wolf/old wolf syndrome and while Tomasz has managed to smooth off many of those things that used to stop him winning world titles I think he showed us one last night that hasnt gone....... and lets face it despite the genius streak running through both of them... they are complete lunatics who will probably bring the worst out of each other

and Nicki? imho it has all been purely down to one thing and one thing only.... machinery

when he was on some of the fastest bikes in the competition he didnt have to show his on and offtrack spiteful sides... he was gating fast and coming out of the 2nd bend in front......................... since he lost the reason for his fast machinery a few years ago the old Nicki came back with him over aggressive and out of control on track (inbetween his swan dives on the first bend)..... and blaming everyone but himself off the track

I would love to know the real story behind his machinery over recent years

Nicki Pedersen will certainly be nominated if he doesn't make the top eight, but what about Andersen if he falls out of the top eight and Iversen qualifies from Vojens, as he did last time? What about the two main Swedes, neither of whom looks totally secure in the GPs at the minute? Jonsson appears to be going through the motions. The big issue will be what becomes of the British representation if things go totally pear-shaped?

I guess we will have a much better picture after Vojens but the cat will certainly be amongst the pigeons for IMG if 2 poles qualify from it

with things going the way they are and acknowledging the IMG quota system then I think as permanent wildcards we are guaranteed emil and freddie (2 swedish gp's = at least 2 swedes)... then from the current field IMG are faced with a choice between Greg, Nicki and a Brit..... ordinarily I think Greg would be nailed on but with numbers so desperate for Brits currently I think he would fall victim

best case scenario for IMG is for Bomber, Freddie and Lindback/Steady to qualify from Vojens and then they have ultimate freedom with their choices

Edited by spook

Why Lindgren? Is this just some "little West-Midlander" thing? Okay, Lindgren's a big fish in the Elite League, but he's hardly produced a thing in the SGP and was poor in the SWC Final, nor is he any great shakes in the tougher Polish league.

Is he not top of the Swedish averages as well, I think he will come good in the gp's he just seems to be a rider that takes a while to get to the top, for instance it was only 2 years ago and he was acheiving a similar sort of average as Harris in the uk.

Woffinden as looked out of it throughout the series, does not deserve and should not be given a place next season.

And bring in who precisely? :rolleyes:

He has had some good scrapes, taken a few scalps as well.

He is only going to get better and better.

I also think Lindgren & Woffinden should be dropped if they don't make it either.

Which they wont be dropped. The BSI is pretty clear they want the best AND the most upcoming youngsters.

Lindgren still has several years on most of the GP regulars whilst Woffinden is likely to keep the pick unless GB can provide a better option. Which there isnt.

Nicholls wont get another pick, same as with Richardson.

Stead has showed he is even further down the pecking order internationally with his WTC showing.

Whilst id prefer riders qualified and there were no picks, until that day we will get 2 picks.

No point in saying we dont deserve it, and given we need 2 Harris and Woff are almost nailed on for next season.

holta always seems to be on ultra fast engines.... i'm getting concerned with the consistent head and shoulders speed of a couple of riders above all others every gp..... the difference between them and the rest seemingly equates to them having perfect bikes, perfect engines, and perfect mechanics ........... nothing is so consistently perfect

I don't recall anyone questioning Rickardsson's engines during 2005 when he won six of the nine GPs. It was all put down to the brilliance of the man on the machine. I believed that then and I believe it now. Holta is in a very rich vein of form, as are Gollob and Hampel. It's a combination of skill and professionalism. Rickardsson had that then, the Poles have it at the minute.

Is he not top of the Swedish averages as well, I think he will come good in the gp's he just seems to be a rider that takes a while to get to the top, for instance

it was only 2 years ago and he was acheiving a similar sort of average as Harris in the uk.

He is not.

He third of the Swedes in Elitserien.

Aj is nr 1 started at 8.45 have improved to 8,54 scored 145p from 14 meetings = 10,36/meeting

Jonas D is nr 2 started at 7,08 have improved to 7,35 scored 102p from 11 meetings = 9,27/meeting

and Freddie is nr 3 started at. 7.21 improved to 7.29 scored 119p from 14 meetings = 8,5/meeting

Holta is top of the Swedish averages, according to Chris Louis.

i was referring to the Swedish riders.

Well, unlike some British riders who are too weak to finish in top 8 every single season, Polish riders don't need any wild cards to ride in SGP. So don't worry, we won't take any of your wild cards

Most British fans would prefer if the brits qualified properly, in fact I think most would prefer all the riders to qualify.

i was referring to the Swedish riders.

True, but I believe Sir Jasper was talking more generally regarding averages for the Swedish leagues. However, as your statistics point out, he's at least third, maybe fourth (depending on Bjerre), in the Dackarna averages after Holta and Jonsson.

I don't recall anyone questioning Rickardsson's engines during 2005 when he won six of the nine GPs. It was all put down to the brilliance of the man on the machine. I believed that then and I believe it now. Holta is in a very rich vein of form, as are Gollob and Hampel. It's a combination of skill and professionalism. Rickardsson had that then, the Poles have it at the minute.

well thats a funny one because I was indeed one of those non people questioning it as TRick in that season was ludicrously head and shoulders above anyone

as fans we are able to recognise when a bike is set up badly... is average..... or perfect...... I agree with the sentiments about professionalism and you certainly expect those with experience and hefty wedges of sponsorship to be able to get the best of it generating........

none of that however changes what we see with our own eyes and how easy it is for a few riders to 'turn those amps up to 11'............ we are not talking here of riders who are searching for the right setups or looking to keep the right setup like other mere mortals..... these are guys who are unfeasably regular and consistent in producing not only fast response at the gate but also the very fastest speeds during the race which makes world class opposition look like mugs

Unfortunately there is an attitude within speedway where the very notion that some might not be playing fair is so outrageous that its swept away or covered up rather than a very real, transparent and effective system put in place to make sure that it doesnt happen

Postspook, on 15 August 2010 - 01:24 PM, said:

As previously mentioned, Holta has had his engines tested this year, and they were found to be significantly under the upper limit. I believe his engines have been tested on more than one occasion this year. Flemming is just doing a good job I guess !!