British Speedway Forum
iNikeAguero

Peterborough V Coventry 20/09/10

Tonights going to be a belter :)

Really looking forward to it, and im feeling optimistic..

Panthers (Bjerre 13+1) 54 - 39 Coventry (Harris 14 inc tac)... Last Heat decider.

But its nice to see an Ipswich fan with a sense of humour, after the last 12 years they have had you certainly do need one.

Rather a silly post wasn't it.

Their last twelve years record

2008 Ipswich in play offs

2004 Ipswich in play offs

2003 Ipswich finish 3rd

1998 Ipswich win league with the best ever British league team.

So, what sort of track are we going to expect tonight? I would imagine it's going to be slick if he's been telling everyone it's going to be grippy

it will be a lot more grippy than the b fixture thats for sure

It should be a really good meeting tonight although Peterborough are going to find it very difficult to fight back from the way they threw away what had been a decent performance at Coventry. It is definately possible if they can find their top form as they did both times against Poole this season. They need to not only be great but also lucky as they need to avoid giving Coventry the use of the black and white helmet cover!

As an aside SMS Secure Mildenhall Speedway will be in the bar area before the meeting and during the interval for anyone who wishes to join us or pay for tickets for our speedway race & quiz night on Oct 23rd. Details are available on our thread in the general discussions forum.

Be interesting to see how Peterborough are going to win without Coventry using the black and white helmet cover, as they would need to win by 15 points.

Be interesting to see how Peterborough are going to win without Coventry using the black and white helmet cover, as they would need to win by 15 points.

Easy .. 8pts up going into Heat 14 ... then 5-1 & 5-1 to win by 2pts :)

I wouldn't be at all surprised is this ended up being pretty tight. P'brgh have a good top 5 but Cov's better reserves should prove the difference between the two teams over the 2 legs. A reasonable contribution from Sweetman and Barker would take the pressure off the Bees I feel.

If the track is slick then I think the Bees could struggle.

Can't see them making it grippy as that would suit the Bees

Edited by Simon G

I wouldn't be at all surprised is this ended up being pretty tight. P'brgh have a good top 5 but Cov's better reserves should prove the difference between the two teams over the 2 legs. A reasonable contribution from Sweetman and Barker would take the pressure off the Bees I feel.

Except I don't think Coventry WILL have the better reserves at the Showground.

If you say so.............

If you say so.............

they do. poor thing.biggrin.gificon_smile_wink.gif

tbh i don't take The Panthers for granted by any means or take any notice of Butcher's bigging up a grippy track..

Edited by colincooke

Easy .. 8pts up going into Heat 14 ... then 5-1 & 5-1 to win by 2pts :)

That was my thought as well! As otherwise Peterborough have to effectively make up a larger deficit. As I say I cant see it happening unfortunately but I would like to see a panthers poole final.

Fair enough. I guess we'll see by about half 9 tonight. But I have a feeling Pawlicki will be a threat, even to your top 5 if they're not at their best. I doubt Bridger would rate it as a fave track, even before this season, but he seems determined to do well of late and may chip in vital points. Past form suggests he has the ability on a bike but his application of that ability is what has been brought in to question. I think, as I hinted at, Barker and Sweetman will be important for Cov too. If they're in the points it takes the pressure off Pawlicki/Bridger.

P'brgh certainly have enough in the top 5 to be a threat to anyone on their day, and the reserves are potential surprise packets on their own track though. I do think it will be a home win and perhaps very tight. If the Bees end up relying on the tactical's I hope none of the Panthers' fans have the cheek to moan about it!! :wink:

Best wishes to the Bees from the USA. Thanks to the wonders of modern technology i will be able to watch it live (thank you streamers!) and also listen to it live on the radio. The magic of sport is it's uncertainty and despite the Peterborough fans insisting they can pull it back and the Bees fans telling us the 14 points lead will be enough, come 7.30pm ( 2.30pm for me ) we will all be on tenterhooks. Number one hope-no crashes. After heat 2 on Saturday in the Polish final Peterborough are very fortunate to have Buczkowski up and running. Can't wait!!! Regards. Alan.

Really is Coventrys to lose. Panthers blew it completely in the last three heats at Brandon. If they had kept it to below 10 they would have had a great chance but with T/rs Coventry will get through.

A shame for speedway fans other than from Coventry because the EOES produces great racing and if Poole make it through we would have been in for a feast of action from the two best race tracks (IMO) in the EL.