British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Bob Meeting, Somerset 29th October

From the BSPA site

Exciting plans are being put in place as work begins on finding a new generation of British Speedway talent.

Part of this will see the cream of British stars from the Elite and Premier League competing at Somerset on Friday October 29 in the 'Bring on the Brits (BOB)' meeting.

And all proceeds from the event will go towards funding for all future Youth speedway events.

The project is the brainchild of the British Youth Training Team of Phil Morris, Neil Vatcher, Graham Reeve and Graham Jones, who as well as helping the country's young riders with their racing, will be also working on other aspects of their training.

Under-21 team manager Phil Morris is convinced that Britain's got talent and that the Youth Development team can help nurture their undoubted ability.

He said: "We have been impressed with our Under-15 riders and think it's now time to help the British lads out even more.

"This includes setting up an Academy for the best youngsters so we can work on all aspects of their racing programme; not just riding the bike, but also the fitness, nutrition, psychology and mechanical side of the game.

"Britain has been crying out for more big stars and ultimately another World Champion, so it's important that we put the foundations in place at an early stage and help them to maximise their potential. We believe our training programme will assist with that.

"Riders for the meeting at the Oak Tree Arena will be confirmed over the next few weeks, but in the meantime we are looking for everyone to get fully behind the BOB campaign!"

Edited by NeilWatson

Why is this thread in the u15's section when its about, or what I'm assuming is, an individual meeting which will be made up of riders from both the EL and PL all of which are on the wrong side of 15 to be in this section of the forum!? unsure.gif

Great to see new ideas being put into practice for bringing on the future of British speedway with a venture like this and hope it pays dividends in years to come!

Why is this thread in the u15's section when its about, or what I'm assuming is, an individual meeting which will be made up of riders from both the EL and PL all of which are on the wrong side of 15 to be in this section of the forum!? unsure.gif

Great to see new ideas being put into practice for bringing on the future of British speedway with a venture like this and hope it pays dividends in years to come!

I was tempted to post it in every section but didn't want to incur the wrath of the mods - as the meeting is to raise money to support the youngsters I posted it here!

I was tempted to post it in every section but didn't want to incur the wrath of the mods - as the meeting is to raise money to support the youngsters I posted it here!

Can't argue with your logic, though I do wonder if many, like me have come and had a quick glance in the individual sect and PL sect of the forum and assumed there just wasnt a thread started yet for this meeting.

LINK

Can we discuss this or not?

I'd like to know why the mods locked the last thread I started re BOB, have sent messages to quite a few of them and had no reply!!

LINK

Can we discuss this or not?

I'd like to know why the mods locked the last thread I started re BOB, have sent messages to quite a few of them and had no reply!!

I thought we WERE discussing it on the British Reserves thread, Trees?

But why down there, doesn't it concern us all? I didn't know it was there tbh! It should be in Gen Discs surely?

But why down there, doesn't it concern us all? I didn't know it was there tbh! It should be in Gen Discs surely?

It started out as a PL Reserves thing but then the Little Englanders arrived and like Topsy, it's Growed!

Can't argue with your logic, though I do wonder if many, like me have come and had a quick glance in the individual sect and PL sect of the forum and assumed there just wasnt a thread started yet for this meeting.

It seems there are two or three threads now!

It seems there are two or three threads now!

No there aren't and it will be lost down here.

No there aren't and it will be lost down here.

As I thought :(

As I thought :(

I would have thought this really needs to be in the individual section. The U15's aren't riding in it are they!

Mod Note: For the record, we did offer to move it for the opening poster to the individual section

There has been a lot of effort put in by the two Grahams' Phil and Neil this year and I really hope this meeting is well supported. Anyone who has seen the U15's this year will know they are a talented bunch, and I hope this meeting is a success for both their sake and British speedway as a whole.

Due to unavailability of riders we have unfortunately had to postpone the upcoming BOB meeting at Somerset.

Phil Morris

Thought this was going to happen, what an absolute shame, as a sponsor of a young British Rider it is very up setting to hear that the talent of British Speedway for the future have been let down again. I know the organisers are not to blame, but possibly the thinking of doing it at the end of the season was the major error. It really should never have been a one off meeting, how can you help these lad's improve their skills etc in one off meeting's? Come on organisers get your thinking caps on earlier please.