British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

Usa Touring Team 2011

No disrespect to the guys on the tour, but I think you boys need to send for reinforcements for the matches where you are the sole event. Tyson, the Fish or even Sudden Sam who could be your youngest heatleader! It would take the pressure of the team especially the youngsters and help maintain the Touring team's reputation for entertainment and competitive action. Good luck with rounding up some assistance and for the rest of the tour.

No disrespect to the guys on the tour, but I think you boys need to send for reinforcements for the matches where you are the sole event. Tyson, the Fish or even Sudden Sam who could be your youngest heatleader! It would take the pressure of the team especially the youngsters and help maintain the Touring team's reputation for entertainment and competitive action. Good luck with rounding up some assistance and for the rest of the tour.

Definatly need reinforcements sunk without trace at Rye by the Hawks youngsters..Just not up to the standard required at national level..Nostalgic value only if your into that..Shame as previous tours have provided exciting competative meetings..Needs at least two if not three competative replacements..Where from ??..

If any of the USA touring riders have paid their own expenses to race in the UK (I don't know for sure that they have) won't any one dropped from matches is going to be rather annoyed? There must be some agreement with the USA team organisers with the riders that if they or not injured or unwell they will race in arranged matches. I can't see any American rider coming on tour to the UK other than with a guarantee he will race in all fixtures. Can anyone clarify on this?

Definatly need reinforcements sunk without trace at Rye by the Hawks youngsters..Just not up to the standard required at national level..Nostalgic value only if your into that..Shame as previous tours have provided exciting competative meetings..Needs at least two if not three competative replacements..Where from ??..

One flew over today, believe he's called Novelli, or similar ... Unsure if he is of the required standard,

Edited by Shadders

One flew over today, believe he's called Novelli, or similar ... Unsure if he is of the required standard,

Austin Novratil I believe you mean babes :party:

Yes Austin flew in today and debuts on Tuesday at Wolves v the Heathens.

:lol::party:

I was asking about Austin Novratil a few weeks back as a potential replacement for Ingalls. So glad he is coming over, and it also means then that he will ride at Worky next week when the touring team comes to town, and hopefully he puts in a good show. Last year he was great, and I really think he could go a job at reserve for us for a few weeks.

Yep, that's the fella ... You know how good I am with names :lol:

Any details form yesterday's match?

If any of the USA touring riders have paid their own expenses to race in the UK (I don't know for sure that they have) won't any one dropped from matches is going to be rather annoyed? There must be some agreement with the USA team organisers with the riders that if they or not injured or unwell they will race in arranged matches. I can't see any American rider coming on tour to the UK other than with a guarantee he will race in all fixtures. Can anyone clarify on this?

This is always a difficult one! And when we are racing against a premier team (such as Plymouth) we do need to add re-enforcements - so watch this space.

BUT - I agree with you about the funding. The tour is partly funded by sponsorship but that does not go very far at all when you take into account we need to hire mini bus and vans etc.

So the majority of the tour is self funded by the riders and I agree with you, if they come over here to race, thats what should happen - they should race.

Obviously winning is best but it isn't the be-all and end-all of the tour.

LIVING THE DREAM is what its about.party0040.gif

If young Austin Novratil is going to be riding against Dudley I may just pop along. I was immensely impressed with the lad last season.

Edited by SCB

If what was served up last night is anything to go by, it's high time promoters looked at what they're agreeing to stage.

So, Ingalls has been reasonable at reserve for Workington & Burmeister... wears a Wolves race jacket for little apparent reason & this has led to a "period of rebuilding".

Well, in that case rebuild. And when you're good enough, only then expect the public to pay for it.

Until then, if you want to pay to come over to ride, Scunthorpe run Amateur Meetings regularly, and I'm sure Newport, Stoke & one or two others would too.

Two 50 somethings on a nostalgia trip & a bunch of novices half a lap off the pace.

Not that the other lot were any better.

I'm all for providing opportunities, but it would have shown a great deal more commonsense if Team Viking / Kangeroo / Tyke / Springbok / Whatever had shown some dignity & withdrawn earlier in the week.

To be ponying that lot out as anything other than an ego trip for the organisers is laughable.

(Relatively) disappointing to see Belle Vue Colt McKinna sat in the pits while Belle Vue Colt Bekker was on track. At least there was an opportunity for a Brit to be involved. With a few days notice, a northern team could have been assembled that could have had their confidence boosted by strolling to victory. Come to think of it, Cowboy Johnny Swales was on tractor duty last night & was involved in organising the Northern Junior League last season: if it's running again later in the season, that would have been a good way to launch it.

If what was served up last night is anything to go by, it's high time promoters looked at what they're agreeing to stage.

So, Ingalls has been reasonable at reserve for Workington & Burmeister... wears a Wolves race jacket for little apparent reason & this has led to a "period of rebuilding".

Well, in that case rebuild. And when you're good enough, only then expect the public to pay for it.

Until then, if you want to pay to come over to ride, Scunthorpe run Amateur Meetings regularly, and I'm sure Newport, Stoke & one or two others would too.

Two 50 somethings on a nostalgia trip & a bunch of novices half a lap off the pace.

I'm all for providing opportunities, but it would have shown a great deal more commonsense if Team Viking / Kangeroo / Tyke / Springbok / Whatever had shown some dignity & withdrawn earlier in the week.

To be ponying that lot out as anything other than an ego trip for the organisers is laughable.

(Relatively) disappointing to see Belle Vue Colt McKinna sat in the pits while Belle Vue Colt Bekker was on track. At least there was an opportunity for a Brit to be involved. With a few days notice, a northern team could have been assembled that could have had their confidence boosted by strolling to victory. Come to think of it, Cowboy Johnny Swales was on tractor duty last night & was involved in organising the Northern Junior League last season: if it's running again later in the season, that would have been a good way to launch it.

you must have known what the teams were before you went so dont go simple...you sound like the type that if it was free to get in you would still complain.....get a life. :cry:

Spot on.

Looks as though some don't like the truth.

you must have known what the teams were before you went so dont go simple...you sound like the type that if it was free to get in you would still complain.....get a life sado. :cry:

Quite WHY would I have known the teams before going? The programme compiler didn't.

Do Tippex make aerosols?

Was there an option to pay to watch the proper speedway riders & claim back the additional charge for the novice training school?

Pumping out substandard rubbish like last night does more harm to speedway than anything else.