British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahLapworth

Team Viking - Spring Tour 2011

You are not saying Porsing has retired are you?I only saw him ride a few weeks back in Herning. :unsure:

I would guess Claus Vissing.He will ride anywhere so he once told me...and i don't mean that negative at all.Great attitude

Nicklas sent me a message last week to say he was giving it up due to personal reasons. Shame really as he looked a very good prospect. Hope he changes his mind in the not too distant future

Nicklas sent me a message last week to say he was giving it up due to personal reasons. Shame really as he looked a very good prospect. Hope he changes his mind in the not too distant future

That is a pity.It is a fact of life though that some young talent drop out for whatever reason.Patrick Tarp did for a while.And one of my favourites, Jonas Raun looked very good but gave up.

We are please to announce that the Vikings will be making a raid into Scotland on Friday 1st April as we have been invited to take part in a 9 heat individual tournament called the "Thor Trophy". This will run as a second half after the Monarchs meeting with Glasgow and will feature all 6 Scandinavian vikings plus 2 Edindurgh riders. All riders will complete 4 rides each with the top 4 scorers after heat 8 going into a grand final. Our thanks go out to John Campbell for organising this.

Our "proposed" meeting for Wednesday 6th April has fallen through so our final schedule is now as our previous post but with that day blank.

The highlights of the tour will be our first ever Premier league level challenge against Plymouth on the 8th and then our "international" against the American tourists at Newcastle on the 10th where we will be looking to avenge last years defeat :lol:

TEAM VIKING 2011

3/4. SCUNTHORPE (NL)

Will this be a full 15-Heat match against the Saints, or are the Scandinavian lads just going to join in with the scheduled Amateur Individual event on that day?

Will this be a full 15-Heat match against the Saints, or are the Scandinavian lads just going to join in with the scheduled Amateur Individual event on that day?

I was wondering that re the Stoke meeting - is it the Vikings racing themselves or the Potters ?

I was wondering that re the Stoke meeting - is it the Vikings racing themselves or the Potters ?

Its will be a full 15 heat against the Potters.

Our meeting at Scunthorpe will be against the saints. The proposal is to stage it as part of the amateur meeting that day.

The riders of Team Viking will be guest speakers at the Nuneaton Speedway supporters club on Tuesday 5th April at the Chivers Cotten liberal club start time 7:30.

Please come along and get to meet the lads in person :)

Its will be a full 15 heat against the Potters.

Our meeting at Scunthorpe will be against the saints. The proposal is to stage it as part of the amateur meeting that day.

To be honest the meeting is likely to be against a Saints Select side as Richie Worrall will be riding for Newcastle and it is doubtful that Steve Worrall will want to ride after riding in PL meetings at Ipswich, Scunthorpe and Workington the previous three days. We will try and get as strong a team as possible (including inviting other National League riders) to give Team Viking a stiff test.

Now yesterday's amateur meeting is out of the way we will start to contact riders regarding the teams and the supporting races.

We expect the Saints Select vs Team Viking to start at 1pm and be followed by two further team meetings with alternating heats (Heat 1, Heat 1, Heat 2, Heat 2 etc.) and junior races interspersed.

Edited by Scunny Stag

To be honest the meeting is likely to be against a Saints Select side as Richie Worrall will be riding for Newcastle and it is doubtful that Steve Worrall will want to ride after riding in PL meetings at Ipswich, Scunthorpe and Workington the previous three days. We will try and get as strong a team as possible (including inviting other National League riders) to give Team Viking a stiff test.

Now yesterday's amateur meeting is out of the way we will start to contact riders regarding the teams and the supporting races.

We expect the Saints Select vs Team Viking to start at 1pm and be followed by two further team meetings with alternating heats (Heat 1, Heat 1, Heat 2, Heat 2 etc.) and junior races interspersed.

Sounds like a great day's action.

May I suggest that the first name contacted to make up the Saints team is young Oliver Greenwood. He looked the part last Saturday afternoon. :approve:

We are delighted to announce that our #1 rider for the tour will be none other than Klaus Jacobsen.

Klaus has premier and elite league experience mainly with Stoke and Coventry and is eager to get back into British speedway and is using the Vikings tour to show promoters that he still has what it takes to be a top premier league rider.

The final rider will be named shortly.

TEAM VIKING 2011

Good luck to Klaus, I must admit that I was sur[rised that no Pl teams picked him up. A rider with EL experience on a relatively low average the same as Lubos Tomicek, but lets hope the tour reminds someone of his undoubted potential.

Good luck to the whole team as well. Hopefully they'll be as successful as last year :)

Excellent what time is tapes up ?

It will be the usual time Chubby 7.30pm

Just heard tonight that you will all be guests of the Nuneaton Speedway Supporters Club on the 5th April.

Must come along and ask my question -

How do you think you will do against the American Touring Team this year!!!! icon_lol.gifwink.gif

The Americans arrive on the Monday so maybe a bit of psyching out may be in order - need to see if their jet lag has kicked in by then!!!

Seriously - great idea doing the club meeting, you will be welcomed by a great group of people. Good luck