British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Sittingbourne

1) Let's hope it does come about BUT what about the reported time restrictions? If those are correct surely it will be ultra difficult to make it viable?

2) Depends what you mean by "was run there perfectly successfully." The venue can most certainly stage it BUT, is it viable to do so?

3) Fair comment BUT what if, unlikely as it probably is, a venue for the sport becomes available at say Dover or Maidstone or, dare I say it near Crayford? Using the proposed embracing "Kent Speedway" tag would have to be changed possibly?

1) Yes it's true that the approval contains a curfew of 8.30pm - it should be noted btw, that this was NOT a restriction put on the planning consent by Swale Council but was in the application: on the advice of Environmental Health experts. I think too much is made of this - it could be viable to start Speedway at 7pm IMHO..

2) "Viable" is the concept debated here too re. Iwade. There will be conflicting views but I personally could see no reason why viability was in doubt coming into 2009, when there were individuals prepared to back the side and some top class riders prepared to appear for the Crusaders, before the club decided instead to revert to training alone. That decision is entirely their right of course; but doesn't stop a LOT of us out here regretting losing the league side we supported and for us it seems such a waste.. The mere fact that the likes of the Baseby bros are without a club in 2011 ( :cry: ) and there's a Crusaders' side appearing in a challenge match at the IoW in a couple of weeks time, puts this into greater focus... :neutral:

3) Crickey, let's not run before we can walk! :shock: Sides in Maidstone, Dover and Bexley would be bloody marvellous but ATM we have no league side in the county, so I'd welcome a 'Kent' team frankly anywhere!!

Big shout out for Lydd btw, with an excellent programme of events planned for 2011..

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=61738&pid=1895279&st=0entry1895279

:approve:

As a Dyed in the wool Crusaders (and now Islanders)fan, I have just heard that the Crusaders are going to be at full strength!

And it's going to be a team that Graham Arnold has assembled from Crusaders regulars from our last league season in 2009.

just to clarify, Graham has registered with the BSPA the name Sittingbourne.It has nothing to do with any other promotion,

There is only ONE! Sittingbourne. :)

As a Dyed in the wool Crusaders (and now Islanders)fan, I have just heard that the Crusaders are going to be at full strength!

And it's going to be a team that Graham Arnold has assembled from Crusaders regulars from our last league season in 2009.

just to clarify, Graham has registered with the BSPA the name Sittingbourne.It has nothing to do with any other promotion,

There is only ONE! Sittingbourne. :)

See you there on a rare 'overseas' trip then KD...!! :approve:

See you there on a rare 'overseas' trip then KD...!! :approve:

Yeah!! From what I have been told the Crusaders team is stronger than we ever managed to put out in a conference league match!

It will be great all meeting up again! :D Anyone else going?(Les ,Dick, Ian etc.)

Yeah!! From what I have been told the Crusaders team is stronger than we ever managed to put out in a conference league match!

It will be great all meeting up again! :DAnyone else going?(Les ,Dick, Ian etc.)

Am always surprised if I go ANYWHERE and don't see the boys Drury, Jarvis and fellow traveller Burrows (no not Buzz, Jonathon!) B)

Shall we go together - am happy to drive...? :unsure:

Am always surprised if I go ANYWHERE and don't see the boys Drury, Jarvis and fellow traveller Burrows (no not Buzz, Jonathon!) B)

Shall we go together - am happy to drive...? :unsure:

Dear me Parsnips old fruit! :shock: Shouldn't you have alluded to the fact that it's actually 'world renowned concert pianist' Jonathon Burrows as was mentioned over the PA at Rye House last Saturday when he was spotted on the terraces?! :wink:

Dear me Parsnips old fruit! :shock: Shouldn't you have alluded to the fact that it's actually 'world renowned concert pianist' Jonathon Burrows as was mentioned over the PA at Rye House last Saturday when he was spotted on the terraces?! :wink:

Gosh, I knew he tinkled the ivories but didn't realise he was "world renowned" ! :shock:

Maximum respect to the fella! :approve: :approve:

Ouch! not a fan of Iwade then :lol:

You couldn't be further from the truth!

I think that Iwade has done a terrific job for speedway since it started about 1970-71!

Its just never going to really crack it as a League venue and if Central Park does finally get going then the Iwade should look to assist it as much as possible and vice versa and lets not have any of this mindless self interest that we see so often in British speedway!

any ideas on sittingborne line up for the fixture at the island

Yes, But there will be official press release.Nothing official as yet.

But it is intended to be a strong team of ex Crusader riders. ;)

Yes, But there will be official press release.Nothing official as yet.

But it is intended to be a strong team of ex Crusader riders. ;)

Any hints?

Any hints?

Here's my guess (assuming they will be sticking to the 40 limit like the NL & Brummies) :

1. Jerran Hart 9.04

2. Dean Felton 5.01

3. ?? 6.06

4. Mark Baseby 6.93

5. Harland Cook 6.15 (not heard anything about him for a year ot=r 2 tho)

6. Rikki Mullins 3.00

7. Aaron Baseby 3.81

hope to go to the meeting on the island but only if sittingborne put out competive side and preferbly ex sittingborne riders

Quote from the club press release on the BSPA website; http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.10560

The Wightlink Islanders opening fixture is the Pete Redfern Memorial Trophy which takes place on Tuesday (19th April) against Sittingbourne Crusaders at Smallbrook. Mike Corby manages the Crusaders and so far can confirm the Baseby brothers, Mark and Aaron along with Dan Berwick and Ricky Mullins.

Unfortunately some riders that have been asked are unavailable for one reason or another, we should have the full line up over the weekend just need three more replies saying 'Yes' :blink: