British Speedway Forum

Your original point, to which I replied, asked how having home advantage was an advantage. That's what was originally answered.

I'm not demeaning Tai's performance and earlier in the thread said how well he had done especially carrying an injury. So you made that up in your own head.

It wasnt Tai's first meeting back as he rode in a challenge and Test matches this week. Youve got that wrong.

Kennett didnt have a moment of madness,it was a clean pass, but he did a 180.

well done to scott nicholls on his 6th title

I had indeed forgotten about the test matches, although it was his first full home meeting back, 1 ride against Peterborough.

I apologise for my earlier comments, and have probably been responding to the wrong person. :oops:

...as in, he and only he knew that track well. Yeah right.

I am not anti-Tai, but your ramblings don't make much sense. Don't you know the difference between home and away track advantage??? Why do you think Home teams in speedway win so much???

Regardless, if it had been at Eastbourne, I would have expected Kennett and Bridger to have been dominant etc... "even though everyone knows Arlington well". Ben Barker at Plymouth etc.... geddit??

I am not saying Tai wouldn't show up well elsewhere, I am sure he would do OK to well. If you ask any rider would they prefer their home track to Wolves OR get a rerun in a particular heat at Wolves OR get one rolling start at Wolves and not get called back, they would of course, answer "Yes, I want it at my home track, it is to my advantage!"

Edited by Authorised

Fantastic win Scott Nicholls :cheers: from the best rider on show by far. Just goes to show home advantage dont always win the rider the championship or being a dud in the gp :rofl:

I am not anti-Tai, but your ramblings don't make much sense. Don't you know the difference between home and away track advantage??? Why do you think Home teams in speedway win so much???

Regardless, if it had been at Eastbourne, I would have expected Kennett and Bridger to have been dominant etc... "even though everyone knows Arlington well". Ben Barker at Plymouth etc.... geddit??

I am not saying Tai wouldn't show up well elsewhere, I am sure he would do OK to well. If you ask any rider would they prefer their home track to Wolves OR get a rerun in a particular heat at Wolves OR get one rolling start at Wolves and not get called back, they would of course, answer "Yes, I want it at my home track, it is to my advantage!"

Harris would still have chosen Wolves over his home track.

Nicholls may well have done so too :)

I believe this meeting will be the making of Tai. His interview after the meeting was a breathe of fresh air. 2 years ago it'd have been 'not fair, referee's a idiot, Kennett will get his etc etc.' A much more mature attitude to adversity, well done that man :approve:

I'm probably in the minority by now but I don't care if it was Scott, Bomber, Kennett, Tai or Uncle Tom Cobbly who scored 5 race wins, they should be the champion, this race off/final stuff just ruins it for me. You do 20 imperious laps, beating allcomers then get mugged in a one off final. :nono:

The idea of the GPs we are told is to find the most consistent man over a season, anyone can have a mare and recover. Whereas with the BF format it's the exact opposite. Wheel perfect for 5 races, all over in 30 yards. Total contradiction.

The idea of the GPs we are told is to find the most consistent man over a season, anyone can have a mare and recover. Whereas with the BF format it's the exact opposite. Wheel perfect for 5 races, all over in 30 yards. Total contradiction.

the GP format also conflicts itself as it uses a similar format to the British Final.

the GP format also conflicts itself as it uses a similar format to the British Final.

Jeez. If I say 'black is black' would that be right?

Jeez. If I say 'black is black' would that be right?

You didn't say anything, Wolfsbane did. What's upset you?

Fantastic win Scott Nicholls :cheers: from the best rider on show by far. Just goes to show home advantage dont always win the rider the championship or being a dud in the gp :rofl:

But Nicholls was a dud in the GP's :t:

I agree that Scott had some good fortune last night but in other years things have gone against him. He delivered when it mattered most so well done to him, a worthy winner in my opinion!

Tai was also great last night and his time will no doubt come very soon!

Harris would still have chosen Wolves over his home track.

Nicholls may well have done so too :)

Why would they chose Wolves over Coventry?

They both go well at Coventry and have won championships there. Given so many Brits could call it home, it would have been best for it to be there ;)

Seriously, home track advantage is a bigger plus than a flyer in one heat. This thread is a nonsense from a Tai blinkered fan. You can tell this by the title "Wrong winner". I will absolutely guarantee that the next event Tai wins in a final when he did qualify first, someone suffers engine failure, this individual will not post "Wrong Winner" threads. In the same way they appear to have forgotten the championships where Nicholls qualified top of the scorers charts and didn't win! Swings and Roundabouts, but that is Speedway. At least Tai recognises this. Fair play to him.

Really enjoyed last night's meeting, some brilliant racing. Considering it went on until 10:30 i didn't think it seemed that long (which must be a good thing).....i've seen matches at Redcar lasting 90 minutes that feel like they are dragging on for longer!

Why would they chose Wolves over Coventry?

They both go well at Coventry and have won championships there. Given so many Brits could call it home, it would have been best for it to be there ;)

Seriously, home track advantage is a bigger plus than a flyer in one heat. This thread is a nonsense from a Tai blinkered fan. You can tell this by the title "Wrong winner". I will absolutely guarantee that the next event Tai wins in a final when he did qualify first, someone suffers engine failure, this individual will not post "Wrong Winner" threads. In the same way they appear to have forgotten the championships where Nicholls qualified top of the scorers charts and didn't win! Swings and Roundabouts, but that is Speedway. At least Tai recognises this. Fair play to him.

I wasn't going to reply to this bilge but it does raise a valid point. Namely, people who read SOME posts, but NOT all, then pontificate as if they knew what they were talking about. For the benefit of this poster who is a perfect example, I NEVER mentioned home advantage, someone else brought it up. I am NOT a "Tai blinkered fan" being a fan of a Premier team. My comments, every single one, were about the circumstances that in MY opinion, deprived the young guy of the title...on the night. My ONLY concern was and always will be, what I see with my own eyes at the time, irrespective of who did what whenever, somewhere else. I maintain my position, if you read my initial post, the lad, by way of his performance, was deprived of the title through unfortunate circumstances...on the night.

I wasn't going to reply to this bilge but it does raise a valid point. Namely, people who read SOME posts, but NOT all, then pontificate as if they knew what they were talking about. For the benefit of this poster who is a perfect example, I NEVER mentioned home advantage, someone else brought it up. I am NOT a "Tai blinkered fan" being a fan of a Premier team. My comments, every single one, were about the circumstances that in MY opinion, deprived the young guy of the title...on the night. My ONLY concern was and always will be, what I see with my own eyes at the time, irrespective of who did what whenever, somewhere else. I maintain my position, if you read my initial post, the lad, by way of his performance, was deprived of the title through unfortunate circumstances...on the night.

You can be a Premier fan and a Tai fan. I didn't realise they were mutually exclusive?

He wasn't deprived of any title, any more so, than Nicholls was in 2004 or 2009. I am sure Tai will get titles in the future by way of qualifying for finals without topping the scorer's charts, maybe GPs. Because they are the rules, he will be congratulated for doing so!

Didn't Scott Nicholls top the scorers chart for Speedway GP in Czech Republic with 14pts in 2005. Never won it though, and that is all the history books will show. Rightly so, because he failed to get through the semi's if my memory serves me correctly.

Edited by Authorised

I agree with you on all points.

I don't ......... IF Bomber had fallen off then Scott would of almost definately been excluded BUT he never fell he stayed on the race carried on and Scott won