British Speedway Forum

I submit that the wrong guy won the British Final. It was won by default. Consider. There were a lot of delays leading up to the final therefore, time as per Sky, was pressing.

Firstly we had all four riders in the wall at the start.

Kennett disqualified ( rightly so.) in re-run no:2.

Re-run number 3 saw Harrison jump the start, which totally threw Tai, and got away with it. Normally it would and should have been a restart.

Tai himself said it put him right off. Even the commentators said it was a restart.

In the ensuing race there was a bad run right into Harrison by Nichols and again it was clearly a disqualification issue, as again stated by commentators. In a normal race all these things would have come about.

I reckon Tai was robbed of the title by time pressure. He was streets ahead of everyone else even with his dodgy shoulder. As witness his flawless 15 points.

Just for the record I am entirely neutral being a Premier League fan.

Dont be catty :wink: the record books will show Scott Nicholls(Swindon)equalling Barry Briggs(Swindon)in winning 6 British titles. :)

Tai is an excellent rider and was carrying an injury, thought he might win it with home advantage. His time will come. :approve:

I submit that the wrong guy won the British Final. It was won by default. Consider. There were a lot of delays leading up to the final therefore, time as per Sky, was pressing.

Re-run number 3 saw Harrison jump the start, which totally threw Tai, and got away with it. Normally it would and should have been a restart.

Tai himself said it put him right off. Even the commentators said it was a restart.

In the ensuing race there was a bad run right into Harrison by Nichols and again it was clearly a disqualification issue, as again stated by commentators. In a normal race all these things would have come about.

I reckon Tai was robbed of the title by time pressure. He was streets ahead of everyone else even with his dodgy shoulder. As witness his flawless 15 points.

I agree with you on all points.

didnt tai try and jump the start in one of his earlier rides? and he got a restart cause someone else fell off , in speedway you need luck ,dosent matter if he qualified with 15 or 10 points the rules are winner of final is the british champion ,they didnt change the rules half way through ,they were the rules at the start the riders accept it ,and nicholls was a worthy champion

Re-run number 3 saw Harrison jump the start,

In the ensuing race there was a bad run right into Harrison

Who is this Harrison then? Why wasn't Chris Harris in the final? :rolleyes:

Might have been Rusty Harrison on his dual national passport, or even a reincarnation of George Harrison. :rolleyes:

Agree a lot with the OP. Tai was evidently disadvantaged by the unsatisfactory start. In my opinion I do not consider 'rolling starts' as an issue so long as the riders don't touch the tapes. However, this IS a rule and therefore should be carried out at all times. The inconsistency cost Tai (most likely) a place at Cardiff and probably the title. Aforesaid, he was the best rider of the night and this was portrayed by his 15 point maximum. I felt it was injust that he didn't win, yet, congrats to Scott for his good effort in the final...

Oops! Silly me.

Typical. Ignore the comments raised and make snide remarks about a couple typos.

Its all swings and roundabouts... Being a Coventry fan we are used to rolling starts being missed by the ref at Monmore safrican american.

Tai tried a roller and messed it up earlier on in the meeting, he then got lucky as the race was stopped and it allowed him then to get a decent gate and win the race, whats to say he would have got through had he gone to the race off.

Harris has to be applauded, he has in the past been criticised for going down a touch easily, ie against Andersen in the SWC, Nicholls in the GP run off, we see many incidents like that each week where riders collide on the straight and nothing is done.

Many congrats to Scott. He was left by the guy who jumped the start then unfairly clattered him so it was evens there. As for Tai- of course he might have won on that form but that's the rub of the green. Scott got what he really wanted and he did it in a way that was good to see IMHO - aggression. Now he has to find a fast bike. How about borrowing Tai's :lol:

Tai did very well carrying an injury and battling with great courage. But he also had home advantage which is a huge advantage.

Nicholls had worst gate in the final and won the race with a hard but fair passing move.

Shame the final was marred with a starting issue, it should have been called back, but it's over and Nicholls is the champion for the 6th time.

Ok, will answer your posts but have split it up as many points, my thoughts in blue

Wrong guy never won it, the meeting was run over 22 heats and not 20, as Nicholls said, and I'm sure Harris was thinking as well, it's what happens in Heat 22 (Grand Final) that counts, these are experienced riders who know what it takes, and for me Tai isn't at that stage yet

Correct decision to allow all 4 back and amazed that no one was injured tbh

Well yes, but was gutted from a personal point of view

Harrison? Harris moved, but maybe yes it should of been restarted, but did think Tai did whinge a little too much about it imo

Commentators were sucking up to Tai all night anyway, so they would of anyway

Nicholls saw a gap, and went for it, did Harris get knocked off? No, instead he tried to catch and pass Nicholls, I think if that would of been some of the riders in the line up, they would of gone down, but fair play to Harris for having a set of balls and carrying on, was nothing more than a hard ride by Nicholls and tbh it shows that Nicholls has grown and willing to mix it up, fairly but hard

Silly comment imo, like I have said before, the meeting was NOT run over 20 heats, it was run over 22 heats and Tai wasn't on it.

As for Tai, this somewhat baffles me, I know the lad broke his shoulder and came back way to early BUT if you fall off and can then virtually not move your shoulder, you can't even put your goggles on, there is no way that 2 Paracetamol and Adrenalin would of allowed him to carry on riding like he did, he just simply wouoldn't of had the power in his arm to hold the bike, and also, with any injury like that if you don't move the arm, as Tai was certainly not doing in between his heats etc, the arm would of stiffened up a lot. I'm not saying that Tai wasn't injured, but felt that he and the commentators made a meal of it a little bit

Tai did very well carrying an injury and battling with great courage. But he also had home advantage which is a huge advantage.Nicholls had worst gate in the final and won the race with a hard but fair passing move.

Shame the final was marred with a starting issue, it should have been called back, but it's over and Nicholls is the champion for the 6th time.

How does home advantage help you to out-gate the others, which Tai did in 4 out of 5 rides in the main meeting ? :unsure:

How does home advantage help you to out-gate the others, which Tai did in 4 out of 5 rides in the main meeting ? :unsure:

Riding on your home track would first of all give you confidence, and he must also know where to line up etc....

Oops! Silly me.

Typical. Ignore the comments raised and make snide remarks about a couple typos.

Ok wont comment on your oops :oops: mistake ;)

I agree with most of what you say but Nicholls deserved to win the British Championship with a great pass on Harris and he did not jump the start one bit, so well done Scott on your 6th win.

Just like to comment on Harts crash. It seemed to me Allen hated his guts as he deliberately knocked him off and as the ref did not disqualify Allen, he must hate Harts guts also. Hart must be the most hated rider in speedway, wonder why this is :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol: