British Speedway Forum

Anyone know what the view is like from the very top of the stands???

Is it like watching racing ants or pretty good???

I sat on the back straight upper tier in 2007 and the view was great although not as good as the middle tier. Still get a decent view though imo.

The view is fine from the top of the stands. What you will find is that once the meeting starts you will be able to move within the section and quite often nearer the track if you wish. You can do this in most areas but possibly not near the start/finish line, One year we were sat on the bend in front of a large group of Polish supporters who had not only been drinking all day, but also during the whole meeting. They were quite friendly but not all the beer was reaching their mouths. We along with a few others moved to the back of the stand.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Having say top, middle and bottom I thought the bottom was the worst, the middle the best and the top just a tiny bit below the middle but it's certainly not worth paying extra for middle especially as if you buy cheap tickets you can sit where you like anyway!

Having sat in all three. The top was full of pissed poles throwing beer everywhere and it felt too high for me.

The bottom was ok, but you pay a lot for seats that have certain viewing blocked because of the concrete posts and you cant see the rest of the stadium..

It's been middle tier back straight for us for several years now...Not the cheapest seats but the view is excellent, it's always full so the atmosphere brilliant and you get your complimentary flag to wave for the tele ..ha ha :P

Anyone know what the view is like from the expensive seats?

Anyone know what the view is like from the expensive seats?

No idea, I don't kiss arse and get free ones... :D

• Like 1

Having sat in all three. The top was full of pissed poles throwing beer everywhere and it felt too high for me.

And Geordies lol.... My legs are still aching from all them bloody steps every 4 heats to get a pint!!
  • Like 1

No idea, I don't kiss arse and get free ones... :D

If only you knew how I got them!

If only you knew how I got them!

Robbery, extortion, you found them in the street? :P

Maybe parsloes? :neutral:

Edited by Jacques

Well it looks like I am going after all...............not sure where I am sitting though as not checked the plan.........all I know is its on the back straight............

RP

Anyone know what the view is like from the very top of the stands???

Is it like watching racing ants or pretty good???

Depends if you have screen in way. You can move around anyway. I'm a skinflint so buy the cheapest seats at 29 quid. Last year was seeing Poles not beer flying over seats. Many families had to move from the area. Took ages for some old steward to scale the steps, before the law moved in to evict 2 Poles, who probably didn't start the bovver anyaway. My missus said thought you only had trouble at football matches!! Not sure what time meeting finishes to get train to Swindon or Robins supporters coach?

Looks like I may not be able to go this year :cry: - I have 3 x adult tickets for middle tier, 2nd bend looking down back straight - face value £42.00 each please PM me if you would like to make an offer to purchase. I'm away for a couple of days but will respond asap.

The view is fine from the top of the stands. What you will find is that once the meeting starts you will be able to move within the section and quite often nearer the track if you wish. You can do this in most areas but possibly not near the start/finish line, One year we were sat on the bend in front of a large group of Polish supporters who had not only been drinking all day, but also during the whole meeting. They were quite friendly but not all the beer was reaching their mouths. We along with a few others moved to the back of the stand.

I thought all the Poles were teetotal ORLOV!!! they like a few shandies then Jacques politely said they were pissed did make me laugh.
  • Like 1

Depends if you have screen in way. You can move around anyway.

And there was me thinking Joe had slimmed down a bit this year!!