British Speedway Forum

Any publicity like that is good, it may bring in a few rugby supporters to see what this sport is about.

Any publicity like that is good, it may bring in a few rugby supporters to see what this sport is about.

Shhhh dont want people gettin a hint ;) . Altho famous welsh sportsman!! Has to be rugby or Jonathan Edwards :P

Number 18 @ Cardiff........Craig Cook :t::party::D , confirmed by him at Edinburgh 2nite

I think that the Cardiff Devils Ice Hockey team are going to have a stand at the Fanzone area (St. Marys st) and didnt Cardiff Blues (rugby) have one another year?? Both of their websites were running a competition for their followers to win GP tickets...can only do good to get the "locals" interested :wink:

http://www.cardiffde...ay-spectacular/ and also found this....who says theres no promotion of this event in Wales? :D

http://www.ceredigio...articleid=18389 Great to see....lot better than adverts in the Speedway star!! (nothing wrong with SS except its preaching to the already converted!!)

Cook for Cardiff....good news :party:

Edited by emerald tyke

Im personally looking forward to the Newmarket open day on the 23rd Sept!! :lol:

Hopefully Cook gets atleast one ride. I wonder what odds i will get for him to score atleast 1 point considering how unlikely a number 18 ride is.

Not forgetting Cardiff weekend is the 20yr anniversary of Havvys golden night in Wroclaw.

Not forgetting Cardiff weekend is the 20yr anniversary of Havvys golden night in Wroclaw.

Exactly :t: and wonder will he be the 'live pundit' in Sky studio for the GP ......or as he has agreed to be patron of this event will he be at the opening day of the History of Bradford Speedway Exhibition at Bradford Industrial Museum, Moorside Road, Eccleshill, Bradford BD2 3HP???? this event is going to be there for 3 months from Havvy Anniversary. Please support :cheers:

Train tickets from Carlisle £261.00

Hotel Friday/Saturday £365.00

Hotel Sunday £110.00 (included breakfast and evening meal).

Cardiff GP tickets £120.00

Food and drinks 0ver the weekend

Somerset meeting on Friday £20.00 (plus programme/drinks)

It all added up to over £1k.

Ok i could have gone for two nights and not bothered to go to Somerset to save some money...... :neutral:

Interesting Topaz.Going Torun in October.So far expenditure is £19 for ticket,hotel in Bydgoszcz £135 for 3 nights for 3 people.About £60-80 for flight from Brum to Bydgoszcz return.Ekstraliga Finals on the Sunday(hope we don't have to travel too far from Bydgoszcz).The max you'd have to pay for a ticket for admittance on the Sunday would probably be a £10 too!!

Hotel Friday/Saturday £365.00

Hotel Sunday £110.00 (included breakfast and evening meal).

Where the hell are you staying?

2 nights for 2 people £112

Edited by Snyper1010

If someone has a spare room (very doubtfull but okay..) for 2 nights (friday and saturday) then please contact me, thanks.

I think that the Cardiff Devils Ice Hockey team are going to have a stand at the Fanzone area (St. Marys st) and didnt Cardiff Blues (rugby) have one another year?? Both of their websites were running a competition for their followers to win GP tickets...can only do good to get the "locals" interested :wink:

http://www.cardiffde...ay-spectacular/ and also found this....who says theres no promotion of this event in Wales? :D

http://www.ceredigio...articleid=18389 Great to see....lot better than adverts in the Speedway star!! (nothing wrong with SS except its preaching to the already converted!!)

Cook for Cardiff....good news :party:

The advert is on ITV Wales now too.

If someone has a spare room (very doubtfull but okay..) for 2 nights (friday and saturday) then please contact me, thanks.

I thought you were booked in at our place?

Doesn't bother me if it is not at Cardiff anymore, not as great as some make it out to be. Hope the event moves to a track in easterly direction as may stand a (slightly) better chance of going. Kings Lynn would be great venue IMO for a British Grand Prix.

Yeah, great venue. Can the stadium accommodate the 40,000+ who will want to watch?

I thought you were booked in at our place?

My guess is that they are bringing others along who haven't booked