British Speedway Forum
Boggle

Cardiff Gp 2012 And Cricket

Think im gunna do the Cricket from when it starts about 11am til 4.30pm ish - Which means missing the Cricket final but Sky+ will have to do for that.. Im not missing the Speedway!

I don't see your average T20 attendee being a chip alley type of person! They seem a bit more well to do than speedway fans biggrin.gif

Now trains out of Cardiff may bit a pain in the backside!

Well if I was to try and attend the 20/20 then I would be a person frequenting the chip alley . But instead I will be at the speedwayinstead as I would want to watch the final Live if I had bought tickets to the event

Don't stand for too long or I'll be feeling sorry for you. :oops:

Hope you didn't mind me saying where the original thread was. There hadn't been any posts in it since September anyway.....well until tonight when someone called packerman made a few comments. :lol:

• Like 1

You want to do what I am going to check out, see if the cricket is on the radio, watch it till 4, go to the pub then speedway.

Turn up the volume to max on the radio headphones and listen to it while watching the speedway.

At the same time record the cricket, if on, and the speedway to watch any bits I miss.

Hopefully best of both worlds

• Like 1

You want to do what I am going to check out, see if the cricket is on the radio, watch it till 4, go to the pub then speedway.

Turn up the volume to max on the radio headphones and listen to it while watching the speedway.

At the same time record the cricket, if on, and the speedway to watch any bits I miss.

Hopefully best of both worlds

You obviously have it all well planned Aleksandr. :approve: :approve:

Don't stand for too long or I'll be feeling sorry for you. :oops:

Hope you didn't mind me saying where the original thread was. There hadn't been any posts in it since September anyway.....well until tonight when someone called packerman made a few comments. :lol:

No worries from me. I never knew the first post had been made

• Like 1

It may be that my brains cells are playing tricks on me but hasn't Cricket often been on in Cardiff on Gp day? ;) I can defo remember seeing Ian Botham on tv at the gp think it may have been the first year 2001, when Cricket was being played there. Must say he was impressed by the track being laid in the Millennium Stadium though.

It may be that my brains cells are playing tricks on me but hasn't Cricket often been on in Cardiff on Gp day? ;) I can defo remember seeing Ian Botham on tv at the gp think it may have been the first year 2001, when Cricket was being played there. Must say he was impressed by the track being laid in the Millennium Stadium though.

You are correct ET as in 2001 I remember staying in the same hotel as the Pakistani cricket team!

The 1st GP was held the same day as Australia V Pakistan at Sophia Gardens & I attended both the speedway & the cricket. To make going home harder some idiot on the transport department thought it might be an idea to shut one of the bores of the Newport tunnel. The difference being on this event is that it will be going on all day with about 20,000 or so attending from around the country.

You are correct ET as in 2001 I remember staying in the same hotel as the Pakistani cricket team!

But did you win a lot of money at the bookies? !!!!!!!!

But did you win a lot of money at the bookies? !!!!!!!!

Ah that explains it - I wondered why they kept asking me if I would like to have no balls!

• Like 2