British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

5 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

There was some plans and controversy around it. Säve (the new track) did not happen and would be pretty typical that after a decade Arendal is still there un-used.

A lot of the controversy( if my memory serves me right) was Tommy Rander.

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

A lot of the controversy( if my memory serves me right) was Tommy Rander.

Thats the guy.

9 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Arendal? was Kaparna’s hometrack in Göteborg. Has it been built over?

Track has been demolished afaik, note sure if anything has been built on the site yet or if it still is used by NCC  as storage for construction materials.

3 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

Track has been demolished afaik, note sure if anything has been built on the site yet or if it still is used by NCC  as storage for construction materials.

So if that's the case, nothing changed since closure. :unsure:

11 hours ago, f-s-p said:

So if that's the case, nothing changed since closure. :unsure:

The street adress of the track was Gema-Kjells väg which doesn't seem to exist anymore (doesn't show up on Google maps, eniro maps, hitta, here wego.....) but I think I found the former location of the road and the track on Open Street Maps. https://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=Gema-Kjells väg#map=19/57.70181/11.86429

Transferred too google maps:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/57°42'05.2"N+11°51'47.0"E/@57.7014418,11.8608573,815m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d57.7014389!4d11.863046

A large logistics warehouse so close to the port IMO seems like a reasonable choice compared to an old speedway track. There is however a folkrace track
and a go cart track about 4-5 km north west of the old Arendal track which is an area that might be suitable for a speedway track.
Sort of to put all motorsport in the same place (pretty much like it is in Eskilstuna) rather then having it dotted here and there.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

The street adress of the track was Gema-Kjells väg which doesn't seem to exist anymore (doesn't show up on Google maps, eniro maps, hitta, here wego.....) but I think I found the former location of the road and the track on Open Street Maps. https://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=Gema-Kjells väg#map=19/57.70181/11.86429

Transferred too google maps:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/57°42'05.2"N+11°51'47.0"E/@57.7014418,11.8608573,815m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d57.7014389!4d11.863046

A large logistics warehouse so close to the port IMO seems like a reasonable choice compared to an old speedway track. There is however a folkrace track
and a go cart track about 4-5 km north west of the old Arendal track which is an area that might be suitable for a speedway track.
Sort of to put all motorsport in the same place (pretty much like it is in Eskilstuna) rather then having it dotted here and there.

We are speedway fans. We want the track and not a warehouse.

• Like 1

The government announced that practices, knock out tournaments (cups) and regular games/meetings will be allowed from 14th June But the restriction of more than 50 people will remain in place. 

On 5/31/2020 at 9:50 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

RUMOURS that there will be no league speedway in Sweden this year...

Elitserien (Bauhausligan) might be doubtful but I think Allsvenskan and Div 1 might be able to put some meetings in.
Youth series will re-start next weekend.

Latest runout is re-start in August for Elitserien but with 6-rider line ups and no spectators. I don't really understand how they are going to be able to make it financially viable without spectators. Teams outta bleed money like crazy in such case. 

Https://live.aftonbladet.se/supernytt-sport/news/5edbbe291f2ecd0018e0e2b9

14 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Latest runout is re-start in August for Elitserien but with 6-rider line ups and no spectators. I don't really understand how they are going to be able to make it financially viable without spectators. Teams outta bleed money like crazy in such case. 

Https://live.aftonbladet.se/supernytt-sport/news/5edbbe291f2ecd0018e0e2b9

Maybe  C More`s new contract makes it worthwhile ?

Edited by racers and royals

32 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Maybe  C More`s new contract makes it worthwhile ?

For what, Finnish SM-liiga?