British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

British Semi-finals Line-up

had a couple of very light showers but much less rain over the last few days than the same period last week. Either a massive own goal or something is a bit fishy.

Definately some kind of agenda to this call off , to blame rain last night is ridiculous after last weeks match was ON after 3 or 4 hours rain last Thursday morning !

Sheffield speedway is on its arrs team and attendance wise and co ck ups like this will only drive more people away , sort yourselves out or we will be without speedway on Thursday nights permant in Sheffield with these 2 clowns running it !

Len Silver is in the enviable position to choose practically any day of the week as he owns the stadium and doesn't have greyhounds and stock cars to run against. I should think the Sheffield promoters have very little leeway when it comes to rearranging fixtures. Why not run both meetings at Rye House?

Probably not a bad call, Sheffield now have a massive fixture backlog.

Definately some kind of agenda to this call off , to blame rain last night is ridiculous after last weeks match was ON after 3 or 4 hours rain last Thursday morning !

Sheffield speedway is on its arrs team and attendance wise and co ck ups like this will only drive more people away , sort yourselves out or we will be without speedway on Thursday nights permant in Sheffield with these 2 clowns running it !

Totally agree...wonder if it will be restaged next Thursday? Heard there's some kind of celebration going on there!!

Does seem to be a strange decision and very uncharacteristic of Neil Machin, he is usually spot on when cancelling meetings, earlier forecast suggested that we were going to get heavy rain around tea time, but lat the forecast seem to suggest that the we were going to miss the rain.

I do wonder whether there was pressure from others quarters after riders risked the chance of missing important meetings for their clubs riding the semi-finals. .

Totally agree...wonder if it will be restaged next Thursday? Heard there's some kind of celebration going on there!!

I reckon that if that meeting had been the only meeting running and I think that British Semi Finals there should be no other meetings running to avoid teams losing riders to the Semi Final. I honestly believe that meeting would have run.

Seems a few of the riders who were due at Sheffield suddenly managed to race at Brum tonite :lol:

Yeah ... and there was probably more rain in Brum today than there was here in Sheffield !

This whole episode appears to be a complete shambles. Why try to run this meeting when the riders clubs are racing, surely there would be a date when all eligible riders are not riding elsewhere. We now have the situation where Simon Stead rode at Swindon instead of this Semi final, now the meeting has been cancelled will he be able to ride when the meeting is rerun. I accept that Simon chose to ride at Swindon but that should not exclude him from any rerun.

If the rain comes and it is impossible to run, the event will be re-staged at Rye House on Tuesday 17th July at 7.30pm. However it must be stressed that the Saturday meeting this week-end is expected to go ahead using the new silver granite surface that was laid this week and which should react well in wet weather.

Witches vSomerset on Sky that night so this news will have Akjack in full rain dance mode.

With Leigh due at Rye this would see his wish of a new Witches No1 - even if just for one night!

Please don't hold both semi's at Rye!

British weather conspires to ruin everything and cannot be anticipated over months, but the semi's and the final dates should have been sacrosant. No other fixtures on those dates to avoid the nonsense of swapping riders around and pressure from clubs.

The qualification system stinks too and needs complete overhaul to ensure fairness and opportunity for all interested riders and spectacle for spectators.

In fairness to Mr. Machin, it was called off before most will have set out, the weather is not his field of expertise. As far as weather forecasts are concerned, the Met. Office have been endangering life for years with inaccurate forecasts and continue to do so today, they are pitifully inaccurate, a national disgrace.

It would be far better and relevant to complain about the Met. Office than Mr. Machin, he is a promoter, not a weather forecaster, what would folk like him to do, run the meeting in the Church Hall if it rains?

This whole episode appears to be a complete shambles. Why try to run this meeting when the riders clubs are racing, surely there would be a date when all eligible riders are not riding elsewhere. We now have the situation where Simon Stead rode at Swindon instead of this Semi final, now the meeting has been cancelled will he be able to ride when the meeting is rerun. I accept that Simon chose to ride at Swindon but that should not exclude him from any rerun.

Yes it should. If he couldn't be ars*d to ride in it in the first place, why should he be put in it, in place of somebody willing to ride, because the original was called off?

Blame the BSPA/Swindon/Steady, blame who you like. The simple fact is a qualifier for a Super6 event has been watered down (no pun intended), because riders' clubs in the meeting, ran against it, causing a 'fixture clash'.

• Like 1

I have nothing against Simon Stead at all but he should not be allowed to ride in the restaging. He chose to ride for his club which is his choice that i neither agree or disagree with as lets be honest he is not likely to do anything in the British Final ans his club side are challenging towards the top of the league. So who ever took his place should be allowed to ride.

If however a place come up due to an injury or another date clash then i see no problem with Stead being asked back in it.

What time will the Rye House meeting be called off? Because it surley will !!!!

Tuesday 17th it is then!

steady will be at rye tomorrow as he said on his twitter weds,possibly in kyle's place as kyle was moved to sheffield to replace david howe yesterday, and we were on our way, fortunately only an hr into the journey when we got the call it was off, so disregarding rye, IF sheffield is rearranged who goes in david (if fit) or kyle