British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2013 Fim Calendar

The 2013 provisional FIM calendar has been released today.

See: http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/alfresco/FIM_Track_Racing_Commission_-_2013_Calendars_-_July.pdf

So by the looks of it they have trimmed down the events a bit and they have finally got rid of the scandinavian round in the U21 series.

Another interesting change is that the Longtrack Teams event will be held for the first time in the UK, to be precise; 4th of August in Swingfield.

Speedway WC qualis from 80 riders to 48! U21's are from 64 to 48... And they still have the Argentinian U21 finals in it before they've even see how it'll work.

This is a provisional calendar, I know. I heard about some re-shuffling of the qualifying stages in co-operation between the FIM and the soon to be FIM europe, but naturally I expected the current UEM to get told what to do. It now seems though that the FIM is stepping back...

It was becoming harder and harder to justify a Scandinavian round when only Danish + Swedish riders were turning up.It is worrying that the numbers allowed to enter are declining though.

It was becoming harder and harder to justify a Scandinavian round when only Danish + Swedish riders were turning up.It is worrying that the numbers allowed to enter are declining though.

Finnish absence from the U21's this year was a one off, dont make it sound like it's been going on for some time. If the idiots at CCP decide to take away our places for next year, then so be it. It's nice that some of them fix places for mates, but when the time come's to actually step up and really do something, it's not in their interest.

If you ask the current Finnish team manager about the scandic quali, he would say good riddance, why did it not happen 5 years ago. We had a good set of young lads that of which Timo Lahti is the last one and still eligible next year. The drop before the next is big. And just to prove my point, when Katajisto was allowed to enter the U21 quali's in Poland, he went through.

If and possible when our places are taken in the U21, it's a loss. I think we deserve at least one. In the gp qualis I see only negative things coming for us. We had three go through this year, I think we deserve the same but will be surprised if we get two.

I didn't mention Finland specifically.But the trend has been that first Norway didn't send anyone to meetings and now Finland over the past few years.Just like in the east you tend to just have Russian,Ulraine and maybe Czech riders turn up to qualis and so you end up with maybe 6 or 7 Russian or Ukrainian riders in a quali as the other riders haven't turned up.I seem to remember that Kevin Wölbert dropped out of representing Germany at one stage as he said he was always sent on a long trip while other riders always seemed to get a home draw

I didn't mention Finland specifically.But the trend has been that first Norway didn't send anyone to meetings and now Finland over the past few years.Just like in the east you tend to just have Russian,Ulraine and maybe Czech riders turn up to qualis and so you end up with maybe 6 or 7 Russian or Ukrainian riders in a quali as the other riders haven't turned up.I seem to remember that Kevin Wölbert dropped out of representing Germany at one stage as he said he was always sent on a long trip while other riders always seemed to get a home draw

Not that many countries in Scandinavia LOL!

Wölbert was one of the riders that had a "groin injury" that prevented him travelling to Russia a couple of years ago, but not bad enough to prevent him from riding for Edinburgh. Kauko was on the same boat, but with a doctors note of a knee injury and actually took a break.

I believe it's safe to say that Norway havent had any riders in the past few years, there's been a real lack of them. It now seem's though, that they are coming back and the 80cc scene has been revived,

Groin injury a'la Czech was introduced by Jan Caloun, a Czech hockey player when he played in Finland. Very handy injury, it came and went...

Not that many countries in Scandinavia LOL!

Wölbert was one of the riders that had a "groin injury" that prevented him travelling to Russia a couple of years ago, but not bad enough to prevent him from riding for Edinburgh. Kauko was on the same boat, but with a doctors note of a knee injury and actually took a break.

I believe it's safe to say that Norway havent had any riders in the past few years, there's been a real lack of them. It now seem's though, that they are coming back and the 80cc scene has been revived,

Groin injury a'la Czech was introduced by Jan Caloun, a Czech hockey player when he played in Finland. Very handy injury, it came and went...

No U21 round in Pardubice, but U21 Team Final on 28 September. Are they bringing the Golden Helmet forward a week next year?