British Speedway Forum
Vincent Vega

Rye House V Leicester Pl 27 August

Josh Grajconek is guesting for Charlie on Monday (gawd elp us) But John Sampford says its very difficult to get decent riders if your only paying £30.00 a point :rofl:

That's big money for John he usually never pays his rent boys more than a fiver. Trust me i,m a doctor. Can just picture his eyes role back as he reads this.

Josh Grajconek is guesting for Charlie on Monday (gawd elp us) But John Sampford says its very difficult to get decent riders if your only paying £30.00 a point :rofl:

That's the best available?

And if yet want to know why Garrity is out, check out the Herts Mercury, news website, ouch!

Could be. There are 3 PL and 4 EL matches on Monday. Jason Doyle, Josh Auty, Nick Morris, Stuart Robson, Sam Masters, for example, all unavailable. Many others as well I expect.

Hey Shadders, which pub did you stay at? Was it Graham's in Cannington?

The pub we stayed at last night had a visit by Mr Russell after the Swindon meeting last night. I was being egged on by the landlord to give him a piece of my mind over his disastrous tenure at Rye House, but I bottled it, anyway he's huge!

Where did you get grief from him WHB?

Isle of Wight Leicester Arena Essex and Iwade. Others i know have had major problems at Edinburgh. The first three acting on instructions from T Russell of Gospeed. All concening rights issued re Images that are all owned by Mr Russells company Gospeed. Happens all the time Places like Rye ignore it and Peterborough wrote a lovely welcoming letter saying as long as any photos are for personal use and not for sale. Before anyone mentions flash or red lights interferring the vast majority of casual photographers use the sport setting and flash and red lights are not emitted

As for big Ron ...decimated Rye as he did Arena. Big bloke though and i remember Rob Woffinden being upset with another rider and he went on track to have a pop and Ron grabbed him picked him up and carried him back to the pits. I think you made the wise choice in not mentioning Rye House to him. Perhaps you could have blamed him for the state of British Speedway though as he was the bloke who got the European riders into the PL

Isle of Wight Leicester Arena Essex and Iwade. Others i know have had major problems at Edinburgh. The first three acting on instructions from T Russell of Gospeed. All concening rights issued re Images that are all owned by Mr Russells company Gospeed. Happens all the time Places like Rye ignore it and Peterborough wrote a lovely welcoming letter saying as long as any photos are for personal use and not for sale. Before anyone mentions flash or red lights interferring the vast majority of casual photographers use the sport setting and flash and red lights are not emitted

As for big Ron ...decimated Rye as he did Arena. Big bloke though and i remember Rob Woffinden being upset with another rider and he went on track to have a pop and Ron grabbed him picked him up and carried him back to the pits. I think you made the wise choice in not mentioning Rye House to him. Perhaps you could have blamed him for the state of British Speedway though as he was the bloke who got the European riders into the PL

There is a no photography sign by the entrance to Leicester speedway, but when I spoke to a steward there the other week he told me not to worry as long as I didn't use the flash.

Certainly wasn't going to challenge RR. Even the pub landlord was complaining about the Swindon track. I kinda got the impression that he's not exactly Mr Popular down there.

What is his actual role in speedway these days?

Hey Shadders, which pub did you stay at? Was it Graham's in Cannington?

Didn't take notice of the name, but they do a lovely cooked breakfast!

Karlsson at 2, Makinen at 5? Glyn Taylor had a bang to the head?

Really? Must be a very good reason

On Monday the Lions return to team racing with a visit to Rye House where they will be looking to consolidate their position amongst the fore-runners in the Premier League table. Team Manager Glyn Taylor has made a positional change bringing together Kauko Nieminen and Magnus Karlsson as the opening pairing and moving Jari Mäkinen to number five.

Rye House will be without the former Leicester rider Jason Garrity who broke his hand whilst guesting for Mildenhall last week and his place will be taken by Ben Morley who rides for the Rockets National League team. With Charlie Gjedde still on the injured list following his crash at Leicester two weeks ago, Rye House have engaged Josh Grajczonek as a guest. The meeting will mark the debut of Simon Lambert who has just joined the Hertfordshire club from Stoke.

Teams

Rye House: 1. Josh Grajczonek, 2. Rider Replacement, 3. Anders Mellgren, 4. Simon Lambert, 5. Kasper Lykke, 6. Ben Morley and 7. Jason Bunyan

Leicester: 1. Kauko Nieminen, 2. Magnus Karlsson, 3. Lasse Bjerre, 4. Linus Eklӧf, 5. Jari Mäkinen, 6. Jan Graversen and 7. Lewis Blackbird

Thats from the Leicester Website
Edited by Superstar1

Karlsson at 2, Makinen at 5? Glyn Taylor had a bang to the head?

i can understand why glyn has done that i think that could be a good move.it puts karlsson off the inside in heat 1 kauko and magnus ride togeather well and they could ride togeather up to 4 times.lasse and linus are also a very strong pairing,it might just pay off but we will see.

Maybe it is just listed in average order for some perculiar reason?

Maybe it is just listed in average order for some perculiar reason?

Why only the Leicester side though?

I don't know, but possibly at the time of the PR being released the riding order hadn't been declared?