British Speedway Forum
Vincent Vega

Rye House V Leicester Pl 27 August

Josh Grajconek is guesting for Charlie on Monday (gawd elp us) But John Sampford says its very difficult to get decent riders if your only paying £30.00 a point :rofl:

It could be that John has done his homework and we haven't Bolly. Josh scored paid 13 from 5 when the Tigers visited a month ago. Another score like that and I'll be very satisfied!

There is a no photography sign by the entrance to Leicester speedway, but when I spoke to a steward there the other week he told me not to worry as long as I didn't use the flash.

Certainly wasn't going to challenge RR. Even the pub landlord was complaining about the Swindon track. I kinda got the impression that he's not exactly Mr Popular down there.

What is his actual role in speedway these days?

i understand that Ron is in charge of all the track prep work for all the sky meetings. Not sure if he has other responsibilities for meeting co ordination

I am surprised at a statement attributed to Mr Sampford re 30 quid a point. Not like John to tell tales as he values his position . And if that is the going rate then i am very surprised that Jason Doyle seems keen to help out so often.

Westham, My punctuation maybe ?

John said 'very difficult to get riders', I added the £30 a point after a jokey remark remarks about how much is paid to PL riders.

Shads, yea a relook at his last efforts mean he could be better than I thought and a lot etter than Ricky Wells ))

....westhamboy66....i understand that Ron is in charge of all the track prep work for all the sky meetings. Not sure if he has other responsibilities for meeting co ordination.

Thanks for clearing that little matter up. So the diabolical track for the Bees match against Lakeside was all Ron's fault and not the Coventry track staff. :t:

Light rain over the track at the moment

*edit @12:20... A little brighter, but still cloudy

Edited by Shadders

Well done Lions - a good 3 points which puts us back to 2nd place (for a few days) but it should have been 4 points - why was the tactical ride not taken in heat 7 when 10 down with Lasse to ride ?

More tactical issues. It seems to happen week in week out managment mistakes are made. A couple of weeks ago against Rye, Blackbird was allowed to complete his 4 rides as he wouldn't learn or improve by sitting on his toolbox. What has changed from them to now that means both Blackbird or Makinen should be replaced? no tactical in 7? Makinen at number 5?

Edited by Glennylion

Well done Lions - a good 3 points which puts us back to 2nd place (for a few days) but it should have been 4 points - why was the tactical ride not taken in heat 7 when 10 down with Lasse to ride ?

Shows how far we've come after last season, when we are moaning after an away win, but it did seem very strange not to use tactical ride in heat 7 when we were 10 points down & with Lasse being in good form lately surely it should have been a formality. Only thing i can think of, is the fact that i am pretty sure I read somewhere Lasse saying he doesn't ride Rye House very well, maybe this was in Glynn's mind when he decided not to go for it.Still a very welcome 3 points.

First of all congratulations to the Lions, better gating side on the day which was enough to win.

With the Rockets season over before the start (don't believe the hype about challenging for a play off spot) we were easy pickings for a fast gating Lions side. The track surface offered little in the way of passing, probably the least entertaining Premier League meeting at Rye House this year.

Gawd knows what happened during the enforced interval. We went from likely winners to being blown away in the space of 5 heats.

Strange decision by the Lions team manager not to use their tactical in heat 7 when an away 8-1 looked very much on the cards from most people in the stadium. Cost the side an extra match point for sure.

Thank the lord for Josh Grajczonek who aquitted himself very well. Not sure what happened to Anders after 3 good rides, looked down on power.

Ben showed what some aggression on the first turn can bring in 11; he can be satisfied with his afternoons work. Jason Bunyan too looked like being the match winner until going off the boil once the track had slickened off. Simon Lambert, oh dear. I hope this performance was just a blip, because that was just not good enough. He seemed to impede his team mates and has a very awkward looking riding style.

My greatest concern is the gating of Kasper. You can't get away with that in the Premier League. It was good to see Neathy marching him out to the start gate after heat 15, hopefully with some words of wisdom. It was good to see and speak to Neathy, you could tell he was itching to get out there.

After a few weeks of crowds steadily improving they will only go one way now and that's down.

As I said, not much to entertain on the track, but I had my earsdrums shattered in heat 4, sitting next to Lewis Blackbirds family, one who may have been his sister or girlfriend. That was the highlight of the afternoon!

Thought I'd stay behind and see the quadbikes, but after heat 2 I was bored of that too!

It was announced that Jason Garrity is hoping to be fit to take his place in the Rockets side on Saturday... with a broken hand?

One more thing: In todays programme notes Len has admitted defeat in his attempts to get Nelson over this year. He also said that Nelson has spent "in excess of £15,000 of equipment which is waiting for him to use"... Being an old cynic I read that as "I've spent £15,000 on equipment for Nelson, but he ain't here to use it, or begin paying me back for it!"... You can pencil him in for 2013, but make sure it's a pencil with a rubber on the end!

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

First of all congratulations to the Lions, better gating side on the day which was enough to win.

With the Rockets season over before the start (don't believe the hype about challenging for a play off spot) we were easy pickings for a fast gating Lions side. The track surface offered little in the way of passing, probably the least entertaining Premier League meeting at Rye House this year.

Gawd knows what happened during the enforced interval. We went from likely winners to being blown away in the space of 5 heats.

Strange decision by the Lions team manager not to use their tactical in heat 7 when an away 8-1 looked very much on the cards from most people in the stadium. Cost the side an extra match point for sure.

Thank the lord for Josh Grajczonek who aquitted himself very well. Not sure what happened to Anders after 3 good rides, looked down on power.

Ben showed what some aggression on the first turn can bring in 11; he can be satisfied with his afternoons work. Jason Bunyan too looked like being the match winner until going off the boil once the track had slickened off. Simon Lambert, oh dear. I hope this performance was just a blip, because that was just not good enough. He seemed to impede his team mates and has a very awkward looking riding style.

My greatest concern is the gating of Kasper. You can't get away with that in the Premier League. It was good to see Neathy marching him out to the start gate after heat 15, hopefully with some words of wisdom. It was good to see and speak to Neathy, you could tell he was itching to get out there.

After a few weeks of crowds steadily improving they will only go one way now and that's down.

As I said, not much to entertain on the track, but I had my earsdrums shattered in heat 4, sitting next to Lewis Blackbirds family, one who may have been his sister or girlfriend. That was the highlight of the afternoon!

Thought I'd stay behind and see the quadbikes, but after heat 2 I was bored of that too!

It was announced that Jason Garrity is hoping to be fit to take his place in the Rockets side on Saturday... with a broken hand?

One more thing: In todays programme notes Len has admitted defeat in his attempts to get Nelson over this year. He also said that Nelson has spent "in excess of £15,000 of equipment which is waiting for him to use"... Being an old cynic I read that as "I've spent £15,000 on equipment for Nelson, but he ain't here to use it, or begin paying me back for it!"... You can pencil him in for 2013, but make sure it's a pencil with a rubber on the end!

Think he is going to get shafted like. :P

Think he is going to get shafted like. :P

Very good! :rofl:

Great win, wish i'd gone now!

looks like Glyn has picked up a few of Jason's tactical nuances though! If you go 10 points behind you've got make the TS especially if your up against their weakest pair.

Mick.

Can't disagree with anything shaders has put, after the Plymouth match, this was Sky type dross, well done Leicester, you can only beat what's in front of you and you did that comfortably in the end, now do I really want to go and edit that? Think a few Lions fans will want it.