British Speedway Forum

I am guessing Lewis would not wish to leave the EL but is hoping for a DU role. If this is the case, he couldn't DU at Eastbourne yet join Rye House as both have Saturday race-nights.

Uncle Len in his end of season speech last night said that next years team is basically sorted subject to "dotting the i's and crossing the t's" !!!

.... and it will be "one of the youngest teams he has ever assembled" !!!

So does that rule out Ollie Allen, Gjedde, Lanham, Doolan etc etc??

I would say Mellgren (6.47), Bunyan (5.14), Garrity (4.79) & Kasper (4.28) are pretty much nailed on leaving just under 22 points to play with (assuming the limit is 42.5 again).

IF (young) Nelson (5.33) is included that would give us a whopping 16 points plus to play with for the final two riders. Correction 14 points cos Len's teams are always at least 2 points under the limit!!

So which two youngsters could they be???

Craig Cook and Josh Grajczonek maybe. However, if it is to be Josh I shall need to know early so I can practice spelling his name!

• Like 1

Craig Cook and Josh Grajczonek maybe. However, if it is to be Josh I shall need to know early so I can practice spelling his name!

J-O-S-H.

It's pretty straight forward really.

• Like 3

I am guessing Lewis would not wish to leave the EL but is hoping for a DU role. If this is the case, he couldn't DU at Eastbourne yet join Rye House as both have Saturday race-nights.

We may not win the league next year but with Josh on board we could take on anybody if due to rain offs the title is decided by a game of scrabble......(delete double points ride and insert triple word score....)

Grajczonek, Mellgren, Nelson, Bunyan, Garrity and Nielsen would leave about 9 points for a number one, injuries permitting that's the PL champions for 2013 IMO.

All you would need is Craig Cook, final average 8.50.

Grajczonek, Mellgren, Nelson, Bunyan, Garrity and Nielsen would leave about 9 points for a number one, injuries permitting that's the PL champions for 2013 IMO.

I agree that team would be full of potential with a solid number 1, top 3 for sure.

Do you really think Bowen won't be in the team next year?

Do you really think Bowen won't be in the team next year?

According to Luke, he has to wait until after metalwork removed from leg and recovered from that procedure, expected to be July/Aug 2013. Has been told its too dangerous to race with pins etc. in leg.

I see talk about Eddie K returning to PL ? I thought I had seen somewhere that riders with an average over 6 could not double down ???

Just thinking and playing around but, how about;

1. Kennett 10 ?/Barker 9.83

2. Bunyan 5.14

3. Kling 6.35

4. Nelson 5.33

5. Mellgren 6.47

6. Garrity 4.79

7. Neilsen 4.28

Total 42.36/42.19

Not sure exactly on Eddies average ???

But food for thought )))

Edited by bolly

Kennett based on final greensheet of 6.25 would be 10.42 if 60% conversion remains. based on Mellgren,Garrity,Bunyan,Lykke and Nelson being probables Len has 16.49 points to play with so if Kennett was added he would have 6.05 for the last rider.

Edited by Rocketbee

Don't worry, after 5 years I still check the programme. :t::cheers:

No thanks to Bridger, if we have Eddie back I'd support him however I think he would drop down on too high an average.

Anders Mellgren can become a PL number one in 2013, he should start no higher than third in the averages. A top three including him, Grajczonek and an out and out number one would take some stopping. With two of Nelson, Nielsen, Bunyan and Garrity at reserve all season to back that top trio up we'd be a force top be reckoned with once again.

No chance of him travelling this far south every week

Seeing Lens statement on the BSPA site this morning that he has 5 members of the 2013 team sorted and is just looking for a No 1 and a reserve. With his words that the No 1 has to be Experienced, Not spectacular, Not a prima donna to fit in with the family atmosphere of the team, makes me think that nexts years No 1 will be Kevin Doolan ???

Previously mentioned have been;

Eddie Kennett - prima dona ?

Sam Masters - prima dona, not mature enough

Ben Barker - Not experienced enough

Charlie Gjedde - prima dona, not reliable enough

Craig Cooke - Not experienced enough

Josh Grajconek - Not experienced enough

Lewis Bridger - All of the above )))

Jason Doyle - Would love it but dont think will come to Rye permanent ?

Leigh Lanham - fits the bill but is he a No 1 ??

Olly Allen - fits the bill ???

Any other ideas ??

Edited by bolly

Seeing Lens statement on the BSPA site this morning that he has 5 members of the 2013 team sorted and is just looking for a No 1 and a reserve. With his words that the No 1 has to be Experienced, Not spectacular, Not a prima donna to fit in with the family atmosphere of the team, makes me think that nexts years No 1 will be Kevin Doolan ???

Previously mentioned have been;

Eddie Kennett - prima dona ?

Sam Masters - prima dona, not mature enough

Ben Barker - Not experienced enough

Charlie Gjedde - prima dona, not reliable enough

Craig Cooke - Not experienced enough

Josh Grajconek - Not experienced enough

Lewis Bridger - All of the above )))

Jason Doyle - Would love it but dont think will come to Rye permanent ?

Leigh Lanham - fits the bill but is he a No 1 ??

Olly Allen - fits the bill ???

Any other ideas ??

Well with Gjedde,Lanham,and Doyle mentioned above and Mellgren already a shoe in,you only need Aspregen,Kurtz and Mark Jones to be the Wasps 2011 cup winning side ,are you trying to recreate a super team that closed Newport down? (with more than a little help from the clowns who promoted the team)With a recreation of that side you could walk the 2013 season