British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shadders

Rye House V Ipswich (pl)... 1st September @ 6pm

True Rye House have had bad luck in abundance but we here at Ipswich have had our share also with Poole and Risager out for a long time and now we have Heeps out for weeks. Seems to me there are more injuries this season than ever before, perhaps its down to the new silencers that most riders seem to hate.

True Rye House have had bad luck in abundance but we here at Ipswich have had our share also with Poole and Risager out for a long time and now we have Heeps out for weeks. Seems to me there are more injuries this season than ever before, perhaps its down to the new silencers that most riders seem to hate.

Only Jason Bunyan remains from our starting 1-7.

Had a chat with Chris Neath and asked him if he thought it was the new silencers. He thinks it's partly due to that, but it is really a number of things. The bikes are more difficult to control, slower to react to the throttle. Ok if you're riding with the throttle wide open, but not as responsive when you have to use the throttle to control the speed of the bike on tighter tracks.

I wasn't taking notes, but that was the jist of what he said

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Juts wanted to add that CityRebel and i both thoroughly enjoyed the 30 heats and the track preparation was excellent. well done to all concerned + those getting the meetings through in good time.

Back home in Burgess Hill by 11.00.

Juts wanted to add that CityRebel and i both thoroughly enjoyed the 30 heats and the track preparation was excellent. well done to all concerned + those getting the meetings through in good time.

Back home in Burgess Hill by 11.00.

Nice to read some positive comments regarding Rye House for a change. The reputation of Rye House as a dry, dusty track seems to have been consigned to history, but you'll still get the uninformed using the old "Dry House" put down. :rolleyes:

ARe you still at track jules?

:neutral:

I wasn't there mate, I was working :cry:

Great win by the Witches with a depleted side especially as rye had Doyle as a guest and he has been a thorn in the Witches side many times this season. This young Nielsen looks a good prospect and maybe louis will use him at reserve next season along with Cam who knows.

SHOCK-1.jpg

Had a chat with Chris Neath and asked him if he thought it was the new silencers. He thinks it's partly due to that, but it is really a number of things. The bikes are more difficult to control, slower to react to the throttle. Ok if you're riding with the throttle wide open, but not as responsive when you have to use the throttle to control the speed of the bike on tighter tracks.

Or maybe it is the harder compound tyre's that have also been used in the last 2 years that supposedly caused Gary Havelock's crash.

Or maybe it is the harder compound tyre's that have also been used in the last 2 years that supposedly caused Gary Havelock's crash.

Could well be one of the "number of things" that Neathy was talking about.

Can't be simply a coincidence that the number of racing injuries seems to have soared in recent years.

Edited by Shadders

Thanks for that info shadders its very much as I had also heard, surely its about time something was done to make it safer for riders to ride tighter tracks. These injuries are doing our great sport and the riders no good at all to put it mildly and its time for change.

Nice to read some positive comments regarding Rye House for a change. The reputation of Rye House as a dry, dusty track seems to have been consigned to history, but you'll still get the uninformed using the old "Dry House" put down. :rolleyes:

Then here's another. Hoddesdon has never been one of my favourite tracks but I enjoyed both meetings. No dust, decent racing (little bit more grip on the inside and it would have been near perfect) a sunny evening and a pretty decent crowd.

As someone who attempts to keep his posts as objective as possible, its very pleasing to report that on this visit at least much of the criticism of Rye House is unjustifiable and based upon past experiences and, no doubt, prejudices.

I'll be back :t: .

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Aw c'mon! Surely you think the injuries, the silencers and everything else is purely the fault of John and Chris Louis?

• Like 1