British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Edinburgh V Scunthorpe & Redcar - Friday, August 31st

Edinburgh, known for being a "trick track", sharp bends & riders need to ride it often to get to grips.

Monarchs are weakened & are there for the taking but on paper, you still have to do it on track. It has been raining so makes it greasy & hard to get to grips with, i hear people say. It's been like it ALL YEAR so no excuses with set-ups though rider rustiness might come into it. The Monarchs should have had their bikes tuned up/serviced since their last display.

We have got our noses infront & just started to pull away within t/r territory so things could change, but KEEP IT GOING THE SCORPS, if you can hear me.

Agents Grieves and Sitera doing the business. :blink:

• Like 1

rain hasn't helped times over 4 to 5 secs slower than normal, that just adds to the perfect storm of the last 2 weeks, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. grives is doing OK, sitera as expected.

ironscorp if the tracks as wet as the times suggest the normal set ups edin would use normally will be of no use, it levels the playing field.

looks like scunny were simply the best on the night for whatever reason.

Edited by Dekker

Understatement or what ?

I thought that the omens were poor for the Monarchs tonight, but the Scorpions five regular riders were all on it by the look of it.

And I thought that Wolbert would be Scunny's trump card. :blink:

Feel a little sorry for Edinburgh, just a couple of weeks ago they were in a real "Purple Patch". How quickly things can change.

Monarchs 39 Scorpions 54 with only 4 last places. 2 by Thomas in hts 1 & 3 allowing riders through. Well done on an excellent team performance. "Palm Tree" Toft outstandind going by the updates.

Looks like Theo Pijper is saving his best for Sunday!

Looks like an impressive performance all round from the Scorpions lads - 10+1, 13+1, 10, 9+2 and 8+1...... every Scorpion outscoring his average on an away track renowned as being difficult/technical. That has to be impressive

ironscorp if the tracks as wet as the times suggest the normal set ups edin would use normally will be of no use, it levels the playing field.

Are you trying to tell me that Edinburgh HAVE NOT ridden at home on a wet track this year! They must be the only ones to have ridden in good/best conditions then to have(had) a full house of points.

• Like 2

Quick question . Wonder who the last club was to lose two home meetings in the same night ?

Choice of guest/agents has hampered all teams this year (barring when Howe & Auty have guested this year) :neutral::approve::D:drink:

Fantastic performance by Scunny :party: :party: :party: :party:

All the best

Rob

Quick question . Wonder who the last club was to lose two home meetings in the same night ?

You're heading for a slap from Midnight Lady ;):P

All the best

Rob

Theory on the way to being proved right Dekker,

After Heat 9 ...... Monarchs 37 Bears 18

;)

Maybe because they ARE the better team. :party:

All the best

Rob

Maybe because they ARE the better team. :party:

On the night yes scunny dealt with conditions far better, full 1 to 7's head to head, hmmmmmm would be interesting.

Theory on the way to being proved right Dekker,

After Heat 9 ...... Monarchs 37 Bears 18

redcar riding like they dont want to be there..... proves nothing other than monarchs have had 15 practice races.

Are you trying to tell me that Edinburgh HAVE NOT ridden at home on a wet track this year! They must be the only ones to have ridden in good/best conditions then to have(had) a full house of points.

Not when the races are consistently 5 secs slower no.

Edited by Dekker

On the night yes, full 1 to 7 head to head, hmmmmmm

Yep, I see what you mean, with David Howe and Nick Morris, Scunny would have won by 30. ;)

All the best

Rob

• Like 1