British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

and someone else who is there most Thursdays, Garry Stead

I think Garry has said in the past that he does not want a Team Managers role and has now got a business manufacturing speedway clothing so maybe he would be off the radar.

But would agree that if he was interested would be an excellent choice.

I think I read in the Speedway Star last year-ish that Garry would like to get involved in a more "technical" role rather than being an actual team manager.. not sure if what Spinny says about a business changes that but I'd like to see him involved in that way alongside 1 team manager.

I would have loved soon as Sean retired to get him in as team manager or Garry Stead now etc anybody except what we have had to put up with in last few seasons, even Boocock was dodgy at times.

• Like 2

I think Sheffield should make OILYRAG the team manager.

He would sign all the best riders and make all the right tactical changes. ;)

Have a great Christmas one and all, see you in March.

• Like 1

is there a button to click for not liking this? :lol: :lol:

Just imagine a middle finger being held in front of you :wink:

is it looking certain that Hall & Wells will be our final two ?

I like the risks of signing Albin & Koppe, bit more adventurous and less predictable, which i for one prefer.

Just concerned about Hall, would rather final two riders be Wells & Poole. Or even Wells & Nedermark.

is it looking certain that Hall & Wells will be our final two ?

I like the risks of signing Albin & Koppe, bit more adventurous and less predictable, which i for one prefer.

Just concerned about Hall, would rather final two riders be Wells & Poole. Or even Wells & Nedermark.

If I was putting the team together I would have gone with either.

Wells/ Vissing

or

Wells/ North

But looks like the Promotion are working to a tight budget, and trying to ensure that the team is as strong at home as it possibly can be and that is why they chosen to go with Richard Hall.

The last time I saw Terry he was driving buses.

There is a Team Manager stood on the terraces every Thursday who I think would do a good job.

Jack Lee.

i agree he is a ex rider and is tried and tested at buxton lets face it if an elite league team asked him belle vue he must be right for the job and i was told the first year reg wilson was manager it was jack who made the decisoins not reg jack was the jounior team manager at that time go get him neil he must be better than the two muppets we have had to suffer these last two years

i agree he is a ex rider and is tried and tested at buxton lets face it if an elite league team asked him belle vue he must be right for the job and i was told the first year reg wilson was manager it was jack who made the decisoins not reg jack was the jounior team manager at that time go get him neil he must be better than the two muppets we have had to suffer these last two years

Bring in Jack Lee to Team Manage, and let Dave Hoggart do the centre green presentation , which he does so well.

Edited by spin king
  • Like 2

We need to get behind the team we have. Ask Newport, Reading, Oxford followers if they would or would not get behind a team like Sheffield is assembling. Be very careful what you wish for.
Newport "followers" didn't turn up when Newport had a team shooting up the league and winning the KOC. Why? Because 10 years of being rubbish eventually leads to a general feeling of, "so what?!" and they stop going, never to return. Once the rot sets in it's hard to turn it around. Yes teams have bad years, thats not bad thing as it means the good years get spread around a bit but thats just it, the good and bad needs to be spread evenly for everyone to stand a chance of maintaining crowds. It's not good for Newport, Stoke, Glasgow (generally), BV etc to be at the bottom of the leagues every year while the same teams win all the time. Sheffield have had 1 poor year and a few of not being great, admittedly this season team doesn't look like it's going to take the league by storm but watching Stead each week and seeing the 3 novices come on should be pretty exciting in itself. The trick is to know when you're rubbish and to give up on winning that year and go for a laugh, to see mates, to see some good racing - the issue is when you're doing that year after year.

Correct Shawn the closure of Newport Speedway is as much Tim Stones fault as it is the Malletts he ran the place so far into the ground

...... but watching Stead each week and seeing the 3 novices come on should be pretty exciting in itself. The trick is to know when you're rubbish and to give up on winning that year and go for a laugh, to see mates, to see some good racing

Exactly. Watching speedway should be a social occasion. An entertainment. Tigers have a great stadium, and the potential for an entertaining (that word again) group of incoming riders to freshen the product. Bugger away results -- just get along every Thursday and watch the fun!

• Like 2