British Speedway Forum

Wonder if some peoples thoughts on Tai may change if he ends up riding for them next season ?

Both Tai and MJJ are quality riders and are on the boarderline of being top 15 ..... but who outside of the GP Series next year (barMJJ) is better than Tai, Kasprzak, Zagar etc ?

Kolodziej

Walasaek

Protasewiech

Grigory Laguta

Ryan Sullivan

Wonder if some peoples thoughts on Tai may change if he ends up riding for them next season ?

Both Tai and MJJ are quality riders and are on the boarderline of being top 15 ..... but who outside of the GP Series next year (barMJJ) is better than Tai,?

IMO: Grigorij Laguta, Leon Madsen, Maciej Janowski, Adrian Miedzinski, Patryk Dudek, Bartosz Zmarzlik, Kenneth Bjerre....

Had a bad couple of years ?

Moved up from a 7.2 rider to just under nine points a match, taken over the #1 race jacket at Wolves ahead of Freddie Lindgren and has an average a point higher than any other Brit ...... I'd say apart from injuries Tai has had a decent 2011 and 2012.

Forget being a Wolves fan, coming from a speedway fan then I would say he is there on merit. A near 9 average in Britain and 123+15 points from 15 meetings in the Polish top league ...... not a bad record for a lad who turned just 22 in August

MJJ is a great talent and likely to be crowned World U21 Champion and scored a creditable 161+25 from 22 meetings in Poland and scored well in Sweden too ..... but he averaged just 6.54 in England and only really hit double figures three times after moving into the main body of the Panhers team. At 20 years of age his time will come .... but not just yet

Sadly my fear is that he may well sit out riding in England next year ...... think a lot may depend on who is backing him finacially as he may need the support of a good British sponsor.

As for riding for Team Australia ...... Tai wants that British title and although he is good mates with the Turbo Twins and a number of Aussies, I dont think you will see him switch sides at all.

Tai may or may not be riding for Wolves next season ..... he may well ride elsewhere !! ..... but I wish him the best for the GP Series and he knows as weall do that it's going to be very tough as ALL 15 in the Series next year are capable of beating each other ..... but he will give it a good go and may not make the top 8 but he will add some spice to the Series :blink:;)

Come off it, he is there because he represents GB, no other reason! No problem with that, if a Brit has to be in he is the only option, although not sure about your averages, I have Harris just behind Woffinden who of course has a massive home advantage to boost his average.

Edited by paulboy

Non-GP riders averaging more than Tai in both Sweden & Poland - Janusz Kołodziej, Grzegorz Walasek, Piotr Protasiewicz, Tomasz Jędrzejak, Patryk Dudek, Jason Crump, Daniel Nermark, Przemysław Pawlicki, Michael Jepsen Jensen, Krzysztof Buczkowski, Leon Madsen, Adrian Miedziński and Thomas H Jonasson.

Edited by Jepsen Jensen Racing

Non-GP riders averaging more than Tai in both Sweden & Poland - Janusz Kołodziej, Grzegorz Walasek, Piotr Protasiewicz, Tomasz Jędrzejak, Patryk Dudek, Jason Crump, Daniel Nermark, Przemysław Pawlicki, Michael Jepsen Jensen, Krzysztof Buczkowski, Leon Madsen, Adrian Miedziński and Thomas H Jonasson.

Janusz had his chance and was rubbish even with all his backing annd team.

Janusz had his chance and was rubbish even with all his backing annd team.

yes, but Tai also had his chance and didn't finish in last place.

So you could say that Tai have had his chance too or does that not apply to British riders?

Besides JK had a nasty crash in the beginning of the season and it more then the whole season for him to became himself again.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Tai made a lot of mistakes/changes that season in machinery and team.

not saying he'll be a world beater next season but he has switched to GM engines now i believe in all countries he rides in which seems to have made him quicker

yes, but Tai also had his chance and didn't finish in last place.

So you could say that Tai have had his chance too or does that not apply to British riders?

Besides JK had a nasty crash in the beginning of the season and it more then the whole season for him to became himself again.

Tai isnt british is he ?

Tai made a lot of mistakes/changes that season in machinery and team.

not saying he'll be a world beater next season but he has switched to GM engines now i believe in all countries he rides in which seems to have made him quicker

how does an engine change your attitude lol.

Tai isnt british is he ?

how does an engine change your attitude lol.

wasn't on about his attitude, that is something which unfortunately i think will never change and will go against him in future

Congratulations Tai & Holly on your engagement..All the best for the future.

Dear God...

• Like 1

<p>

<br />

Dear God...<br />

<br />

</p>

Lets hope he gets a fast engagement ring,might be quicker in the gp next year.

Tai was on SGP website as quote "wanting the Glory but not the Limelight".....lets see how he performs on the BIG stage now that he is GB's sole representative in the gp.

does not want the limelight lol. not so sure about the sole brit either as he is more aussie and thats his home.

perform ? pretty average i would say he will be.

I suppose he'll be Aussie if he wins anything and a Brit if he dont :lol: (or maybe that should be the other way around!!)..time will tell