British Speedway Forum
Paul

Kent 2013

Just to give you guys down in Kent a heads up, seen Michael Neale ride tonight as a guest for Mildenhall against Dudley, he had two good 2nd places, was in a comfortable 3rd place when he lost it on the 2nd bend 3rd lap, he has improved tremendously, and is without doubt one of the best unattached young riders around, I have NO doubts he would improve your bottom end, and I think he is either 16 or 17, get him on board Nikko, you wont regret it.

Just to give you guys down in Kent a heads up, seen Michael Neale ride tonight as a guest for Mildenhall against Dudley, he had two good 2nd places, was in a comfortable 3rd place when he lost it on the 2nd bend 3rd lap, he has improved tremendously, and is without doubt one of the best unattached young riders around, I have NO doubts he would improve your bottom end, and I think he is either 16 or 17, get him on board Nikko, you wont regret it.

I think after tonight's performance Mildenhall may already be there or at least should be :- )

Many thanks for the update, have passed to the promotion.

Not saying Boxall is in the same league, far from it, just saying he's doing we'll and is showing great speed.

Lakeside have been in the Elite League since 2004 and im sure at some stage during those 9 long years there would have been comparable conditions, atmosphere, climate, temperature, engine set up etc etc etc etc

Steve is doing well and so he should in reality he is a top end PL heat leader as long as he is 1 right in the head and not distracted and 2 Has two decent bikes which in the past he hasn't managed to keep. I have watched Steve since he was fifteen at Rye House and he is very talented but sadly lost his way. If he is serious then a good season at Kent should see him back in the PL where he belongs. As far as track records go at Lakeside i understand you point but it's all about the shape at Lakeside and it simply doesn't allow full throttle racing as it is far too tight in the bends, it's really not surprising Kent has a quicker time even in the N L. Track conditions etc don't really come ino the argument and i'm sure Steve would be the first to admit will everything going for him he would be lucky to get within a couple of seconds of Andreas

• Like 1

Steve is doing well and so he should in reality he is a top end PL heat leader as long as he is 1 right in the head and not distracted and 2 Has two decent bikes which in the past he hasn't managed to keep. I have watched Steve since he was fifteen at Rye House and he is very talented but sadly lost his way. If he is serious then a good season at Kent should see him back in the PL where he belongs. As far as track records go at Lakeside i understand you point but it's all about the shape at Lakeside and it simply doesn't allow full throttle racing as it is far too tight in the bends, it's really not surprising Kent has a quicker time even in the N L. Track conditions etc don't really come ino the argument and i'm sure Steve would be the first to admit will everything going for him he would be lucky to get within a couple of seconds of Andreas

Strange consideration, two totally different shaped tracks and one is well bedded, the other leaves much to be desired if consistent times are expected. No doubt Steve is rated and does pull out more from the track than the other lads, is it the line he takes rather than the machinery? Currently there only appears to be one line, no running the fence here yet! As for where he wants to be that is entirely up to him, Len may or may not want him at Rye House in the future, though he could have slotted in ahead of Rob Mear when that opening arose. All conjecture!

in last nights RH programme Len referred to Kent as their 'sister track'....wonder if the potential air fence probs at the launchpad are making Len think..or am i making 2+2=5?

in last nights RH programme Len referred to Kent as their 'sister track'....wonder if the potential air fence probs at the launchpad are making Len think..or am i making 2+2=5?

Sittingbourne Rockets 2014? Joke of course!

Edited by Guest

Bends at Lakeside are 'tight'?

Really?

To the best of my knowledge, they are two of the widest bends in British Speedway.

If you mean the distance from the inside line out to the air fence at Arena id agree ,,but the bike needs to turn hard to get round the corner s as these bends are very tight due to the distance across the center green being one of the shortest in british speedway.. and hard turns mean slower speed..Where as the distance across the center green at Sittingbourne is greater making longer and faster turns..

I know we're only halfway thru the season, but was wondering if anyone had any views on next season? eg. wat league etc? Personally I think it wud b a good idea if we applied for PL? Dont know if this is jumping ahead a bit too much for the promotion but the way I see it is we've got the crowds, we've certainly got the stadium, and to be honest would people want another year of NL racing, as good as it is and as much as it brings the youngsters on etc I think the higher standard of racing would possibly bring in more people as its been proved on the sky matches that the quality is very high in the PL. Plus if we're totally honest the only way I can see us keeping Stevie Boxall is to move up to PL and have him as our number 1 before someone else snaps him up?

This is only a case of opening up a new subject and seeing wat everyone thinks by the way? Not wanting to start a major row or anything or get loads of abusive comments from certain forum members? lol! But just thought it would be interesting to see peoples views?

Sittingbourne Rockets 2014? Joke of course!

I know we're only halfway thru the season, but was wondering if anyone had any views on next season? eg. wat league etc? Personally I think it wud b a good idea if we applied for PL? Dont know if this is jumping ahead a bit too much for the promotion but the way I see it is we've got the crowds, we've certainly got the stadium, and to be honest would people want another year of NL racing, as good as it is and as much as it brings the youngsters on etc I think the higher standard of racing would possibly bring in more people as its been proved on the sky matches that the quality is very high in the PL. Plus if we're totally honest the only way I can see us keeping Stevie Boxall is to move up to PL and have him as our number 1 before someone else snaps him up?

This is only a case of opening up a new subject and seeing wat everyone thinks by the way? Not wanting to start a major row or anything or get loads of abusive comments from certain forum members? lol! But just thought it would be interesting to see peoples views?

Isn't Steve Boxall a Rye House asset? As earlier posted - see quotes - but Sittingbourne Rockets 2014. It would be nice to see Shadders views?

at the moment i think the 8.30 curfew is a big problem. meetings are being run at a rapid rate leaving little or no time for track maintenance during racing. one or two crashes are leading to a rush to get everything finished before the cut off time. if at some point in the future the curfew could be extended to 9pm, everybody could relax a little and the track could get a little more TLC. let's not run before we can walk! :wink: Edited by cityrebel

Yeah agree the curfew is a prob but with PL racing you wouldnt have so many race stoppages i wouldnt of thought due to more experienced riders? So cant see it being a major problem? Personally i prefer the quickness the meetings are done at the moment? Not a fan of bein kept hanging around? Thats the big put off with attending matches that are being shown on sky for me? That there's a lot of hanging around whilst they show replay after replay of a crash, or interviews and of course the commercial breaks? But yeah eventually would like to see the curfew raised to 9pm? Remember that Canterbury always had a 9pm curfew and always started at 7 and I cant remember one meeting not making it in time?

If the curfew was extened to 9pm and then we could start meetings at 7pm,I would like to see Premier Speedway.1}We would have a chance of keeping Boxall.2}I think crowds would increase.IMHO. :D