British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

You mean you actually managed to jump through all the hoops to actually reach the solitary cancellation line?!

• Like 1

Make sure you tell them the reason you are dropping SKY when cancelling.

I did, when I told them my package didn't cover all the sport channels and I only want it for the speedway anyway. As it was I only ever got to watch one maybe two gp's and the odd league meeting. They then said "You only want it for the what sir?", I said "speedway", he then repeated "the what sir?"

9e

I told them why when I cancelled the Sports package and like you the reply was "what?" I explained that speedway was 4 blokes with no brakes riding at speed round a boarded track and got "wow". I was then told " I have to put a reason for you cancelling so I'll put it as no longer wants to watch F1". Now I am a lapsed speedway fan but I went ballistic. I even told him how to spelll S P E E D W A Y.

I followed that up by a long diatribe on their customer feedback survey. I know it will probably have no effect but at least I tried.

You mean you actually managed to jump through all the hoops to actually reach the solitary cancellation line?!

Took me 9 minutes listening to a machine telling me how important I was.......I never knew I was royalty :P

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

So much easier via Virgin Media this October as it's just 'press 1, press 2, press 3' etc. to cancel the Sky Sports package, but I would have preferred to actually speak to a human being, even though they all appear to be Scottish so I can't understand what they're saying, so I could say I wouldn't be renewing next March due to no Speedway G.P's on Sky.

• Like 1

Yep, and the prices still went up this year. Sky Sports is no longer worthwhile if you're not interested in football, and there seem be free steams on the Internet where you can watch it anyway... :blink:

If you want to watch a specifc match on the TV you can always go and find a quiet pub who screen it. Although i do watch the football if EL speedweay goes then so does my sky. Every year they put it up, and not so much as a curtasy letter thank, you for your custom or kiss me ass.

Anybody know how much Virgin charge for just there sky sports package?

So much easier via Virgin Media this October as it's just 'press 1, press 2, press 3' etc. to cancel the Sky Sports package, but I would have preferred to actually speak to a human being, even though they all appear to be Scottish so I can't understand what they're saying, so I could say I wouldn't be renewing next March due to no Speedway G.P's on Sky.

Ah me!! :wub:

.......................and we were getting on so well Gemini. :wink::rofl:

• Like 1

I will be watching the GP's from m local as he gets channels from all over the world and there is still some countries going to film it even if Sky dont.

With league meetings staying and Swedish matches on a Tuesday, I cancelled the Movies package to take my monthly bill £20 lower each month ..... thats £240 a year they lose from me and I still get to watch Speedway

What impact is this decision likely to have on the size of the crowd at Cardiff? Will there be more people there because they have not been able to watch the other GPs, or fewer people without the welter of publicity. If they do not have the rights to the GPs, then our friends at a certain broadcasting organisation are unlikely to publicise the GPs during the league matches.

Suspect that the latter is more likely, as people find other sports to go. If this is the case, then IMG (if it is they who are involved in the negotiations) may be going to lose twice for not being able to come to an agreement.

Here's one more household towards the 1,500

And mine. For sure.

IN the short term the Cardiff crowd might grow. Those who already plan to attend presumably wont change their minds because it's not on Sky while others, who would otherwise sit at home, might go instead.

BSI already pay to advertise on Sky so that wont change either but its the long term that a lack of TV coverage would prove harmful. However, the Sky door isn't shut and other options remain, especially in 2014.

And in 2014 we will be told there will be no GP nor EL speedway on Sky.

And in 2014 we will be told there will be no GP nor EL speedway on Sky.

Would give you and me a good reason to pack in SKY then.

I know that I will consider dropping SKY Sports from my Package with Virgin.

Would give you and me a good reason to pack in SKY then.

I know that I will consider dropping SKY Sports from my Package with Virgin.

Just out of interest. How much do you pay for just sky sports on virgin??

Edited by Starman2006

Just out of interest. How much do you pay for just sky sports on virgin??

It's between 25.75 and 31.25 per month, depending on what basic television package you take. I don't think you'll get much change out of 50 quid per month, and I think you also have to take the Virgin phone line for that.

• Like 1

I have SKY HD, Broadband, Multi Room, SKY talk and the complete package movies sports etc Which costs me less than £60.00 per month. How? I e-mailed the CEO of SKY and told him I was moving to Virgin!